THE BROWNS BOARD

Why did we let go of Sean Jones?

domcucch1994

13 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

A little water over the bridge at this point, nay?

Of all the people that were "let go" by the Browns in the past....this guy is not a big deal.    Why did we let Paul Brown go?  Why did we let Bernie Kosar go?  Why did we let Paul Warfield go?  etc. etc. 

Yeah I know.. It just makes me mad..

27 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

A little water over the bridge at this point, nay?

Of all the people that were "let go" by the Browns in the past....this guy is not a big deal.    Why did we let Paul Brown go?  Why did we let Bernie Kosar go?  Why did we let Paul Warfield go?  etc. etc. 

He lives in the past.  Still bitching that we could've had Carson Wentz all the time during the season.   Its over....let it go.

25 minutes ago, Mark O said:

He lives in the past.  Still bitching that we could've had Carson Wentz all the time during the season.   Its over....let it go.

Let it go? There you go, @domcucch1994

4 hours ago, domcucch1994 said:

He put up some good numbers for us. Between 06-08, he had 14 INTs, and 263 tackles.

Why did we let him get away from us in '09? Sean Jones was the man.. I miss him

Wasn't he hurt in '08?

Leigh Bodden's 07 season was great for a DB. 88 tackles, 6 INTs, and we trade him for fatass, can't-keep-a-gun-out-of-my-luggage-I-need-an-oxygen-tank, Shaun Rogers..

Shaun Rodgers was a a beast of a DT with DET before he came to us. I was delighted when we signed him. Then... we made him a a NT. Different use... different "load factor".

Same thing with Brodney Pool and Leigh Bodden..

I liked Pool as well... Doesn't he hold our record for longest INT return? But truth is he never did much after we let him go.

Can't say the same about Bodden... but then... it was the Pats that wrung one more strong season out of him... so there's that.

19 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Can't say the same about Bodden... but then... it was the Pats that wrung one more strong season out of him... so there's that.

Well, the Pats are unmatched at wringing one more strong season or two out of other team's castoffs. Even Harrison made a tackle for them this past Sunday...  Being the resident Bengal hater, I was pretty sure Corey Dillon was done, but Bill proved me wrong about that one too....     

30 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Same as Pool... that he did not do much since we parted ways.

last year as a Bill ,Poyer had 95 tackles 2 sacks and 5 picks one returned for a t.d  so iwouldnt say he hasn't done much since leaving and to take it a little further he was a udfa and his numbers killed are 1st rounder peppers or anyone else on are team

On 1/24/2018 at 11:12 AM, Mark O said:

Man, I thought I was the only one that got over the that we let Wentz and Goff go.  Please move on folks.

25 minutes ago, Clark W Griswold said:

They should have gotten one more good year out of Milt Plum.

They might have.  But his best few years were with the Browns.  His only Pro Bowl years were with the Browns.    And you cannot second guess, for, while trading Plum to Detroit, they in turn traded with the Rams for Frank Ryan...who made the Pro Bowl 3 times with the Browns....and of course led them to one championship and into another Championship game (loss to Packers).

So...no real regrets there. 

Plum still is our career leader in Passer Rating for QBs with 50 or more starts for us. He never again had the supporting cast he had in Cleveland. I did not understand the trade to Detroit at the time... but I was 5 or 6 at the time.

I loved Dr. Frank, but his numbers do not compare favorably with Milt's.

1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

Plum still is our career leader in Passer Rating for QBs with 50 or more starts for us. He never again had the supporting cast he had in Cleveland. I did not understand the trade to Detroit at the time... but I was 5 or 6 at the time.

I loved Dr. Frank, but his numbers do not compare favorably with Milt's.

Well....unless you like this number:   Championships:  1,  championship games: 2.    Milt had -0-.  Interesting question to speculate on though....could Browns have won the title in 1964 with Plum at QB?    He, and not Ryan would have had the services of Warfield, Collins, Kelly et al.  (Jim Brown did play a lot with him...the others mentioned did not).

Archived