THE BROWNS BOARD

Carlos Hyde is a Brown

LondonBrown

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, LondonBrown said:

Someone go round and check on PoG because we know what this means (if we didn’t already) 

Probably means we are trading out of 4 with The Bills for 12 and 22

3 minutes ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

He is currently crying and sliding one foot on to a window sill.

Someone send Ghoolie  round to talk him down............actually come to think of it  better not ...

Wow this isn't your grandpa's 2017 Cleveland Browns team anymore. :o

10 minutes ago, darren15 said:

Probably means we are trading out of 4 with The Bills for 12 and 22

Probably means we are drafting Fitzpatrick or Chubb at 4. Trading out/down is possible, too, but this team really needs to add some blue-chip talent, so I'd prefer they stay put or at least in the top 10. That said, my guess, pick 4 is going to become extremely valuable because picks 1, 2, and 3 could very well go QB. Everyone talks about 4 QBs being first-rounders (Rosen, Mayfield, Darnold, Allen). With a run on QB, that's going to leave just 1 top-tier QB left, we could have a bidding war for that #4 pick.

Isn't Carlos Hyde a very similar back to Crowell?

I like this move, and it's smart and sensible.  

Now, as far as the draft goes, I have this terrible feeling that it's not going to go like ANYBODY thinks.  I have these fears that we're going to get cute and screw it all up.  Forgive me for my paranoia, but it's not paranoia if it always happens.  In fact, I'd literally bet money that we're trading at least one of our first rounders.  

And I'm already mad about it. 

2 minutes ago, LondonBrown said:

Why be mad about it, that #4 pick is going to be worth a shitload to somebody and if they're willing to overpay why not move back a little. 

That's smart.

Fair point.  Let me clarify.  "I'm already mad about moving too far back and missing out on the best players of the draft."

If we trade back, but not TOO far, I can live with it.  Oh, and if we trade back without drafting our QB first, I'll literally go insane.  

7 minutes ago, jiggins7919 said:

Fair point.  Let me clarify.  "I'm already mad about moving too far back and missing out on the best players of the draft."

If we trade back, but not TOO far, I can live with it.  Oh, and if we trade back without drafting our QB first, I'll literally go insane.  

Your sanity is safe we are drafting a QB at #1 don’t worry. 

I’d be happy to go where the bills are now and take Harold Landry if we don’t take Barkley at #4 

9 minutes ago, jiggins7919 said:

I like this move, and it's smart and sensible.  

Now, as far as the draft goes, I have this terrible feeling that it's not going to go like ANYBODY thinks.  I have these fears that we're going to get cute and screw it all up.  Forgive me for my paranoia, but it's not paranoia if it always happens.  In fact, I'd literally bet money that we're trading at least one of our first rounders.  

And I'm already mad about it. 

We have a completely different front office now, so I wouldn't expect the #1 pick to be traded. That #4 pick is going to be nearly as valuable as the #1 pick because it is likely their will be a run on QBs, leaving just 1 top-tier QB of the 4 when pick 4 rolls around.  Possible teams that would want to pick a QB: Dolphins at 11, Redskins at 13, Cardinals at 15, Chargers at 17,  Bills at 21. If it's the Bills, they will have to give a boatload up to the Browns to move up that high.

32 minutes ago, LondonBrown said:

Someone go round and check on PoG because we know what this means (if we didn’t already) 

Lol ... Yes, this ends the Barkley speculation... definitely a QB at 1, BPA at 4.

Zombo

33 minutes ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

I like this move. They could draft a guy later and go into the season with Hyde, Duke, and mid round pick.

Hyde and Duke compliment each other her well.

Mr. Inside and Mr. Outside.

Z

11 minutes ago, LondonBrown said:

Your sanity is safe we are drafting a QB at #1 don’t worry. 

I’d be happy to go where the bills are now and take Harold Landry if we don’t take Barkley at #4 

I could definitely be into that. A CB somewhere in the first would be swell. Getting the bills two first round picks plus some would make that possible. 

16 minutes ago, Osiris said:

We have a completely different front office now, so I wouldn't expect the #1 pick to be traded. That #4 pick is going to be nearly as valuable as the #1 pick because it is likely their will be a run on QBs, leaving just 1 top-tier QB of the 4 when pick 4 rolls around.  Possible teams that would want to pick a QB: Dolphins at 11, Redskins at 13, Cardinals at 15, Chargers at 17,  Bills at 21. If it's the Bills, they will have to give a boatload up to the Browns to move up that high.

If it's the Bills, I'd cry to move back THAT far.  I think that's been our downfall in recent years.  Trade back?  Sure, fine.  But trade back into the 20's?  Ehhhhh

10 minutes ago, jiggins7919 said:

If it's the Bills, I'd cry to move back THAT far.  I think that's been our downfall in recent years.  Trade back?  Sure, fine.  But trade back into the 20's?  Ehhhhh

They are at #12 now after a trade with Cinci

"I hear a trade a-comin, rollin round the bend,

and I ain't seen the sunshine, since I don't know when"...

but we're goin to the playoffs, that is plain to see....

and when we start the season. opponents will be in misery......

"sigh".

great moves - this one surprised me. again.

Hyde can slam a red zone td through the middle.

The Browns fo knows Ohio State has a football team !!!

I wouldn't count on the bills waiting until #4. I think they are going up to #2 or #3 with the NYG or Colts to ensure they get who they want. Especially if the Giants take Barkley at #2, i think it is done deal. If that is the case, then the bills get the second best qb (or "their guy") and don't have to worry. IMOP, if the BIlls offered the giants or colts #12, 22, 53 they would take it in a heart beat. Each team needs so much help and then they would be able to address those issues. This makes #4 very interesting. I'm not sure it will hold as much value as you might think. At this point in the draft, teams know the browns aren't taking a qb and with the Jets signing both McCown and Bridgewater, i'm not sure they are going to take a round 1 qb either; Unless someone falls to them. In addition, it would not surprise me if the broncos wait on a qb as well with the signing of Keenum and address the offensive line. Whom else in the draft NEEDS a qb? Miami, AZ, NO, CIN, NYG, LAC all could draft a qb because their qbs are getting older but they don't necessarily need to take one in the first round. 

In this scenario I could see the first few picks looking like this:

1) Browns: Darnold

2) Bills: Rosen

3.) Colts: Chubb

4.) Browns: Fitzpatrick

5.) Jets: Barkley

6.) Broncos: Nelson

7.) TB: James

8:) Bears: Ward

9:) 49ers: Tremaine Edwards

10.) AZ with a trade-up: Allen

11.) Miami: Mayfield

12.) Giants: Connor Williams

What will be interesting is what the browns would do at #4 if Chubb, Barkley and Fitzpatrick are on the board? I went with Fitzpatrick because with the signing of Hyde, I think they wait until the second round to take a rb. Plus, Fitzpatrick offers such versatility in the backfield, that he can play wherever. I believe Chubb would be the pick if he is sitting there, however. Garrett on one side and chubb on the other...Have fun Andy, Ben and Joe!

Archived