THE BROWNS BOARD

Joe Thomas has retired

LondonBrown

Joe is going to have so many roles with this browns organization it is not going to be funny. Seriously, people will probably see him more now than ever before. Mark my words in 30 years, people will recognize Joe for his media work first before they realize how amazing of a player he was. 

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, hoorta said:

https://twitter.com/cityofcleveland/status/974381760783011840?s=21

He deserves it 7\3\2018  :)  don't think #73 is retired yet- probably will be....   

Well....they have not retired other HOFers....so I don't think they will retire Joe's ..   Of guys that didn't die....causing their number to be retired....only 32 for JB, 76 for Groza, and 14 for Otto are retired.     82 for Ozzie not.  44 for  Kelly not.   42 for Warfield not.  Or anyone else.

2 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Well....they have not retired other HOFers....so I don't think they will retire Joe's ..   Of guys that didn't die....causing their number to be retired....only 32 for JB, 76 for Groza, and 14 for Otto are retired.     82 for Ozzie not.  44 for  Kelly not.   42 for Warfield not.  Or anyone else.

Except maybe since the BROWNS are coming out of the worst black hole in team history, maybe NFL history.  PR move?

3 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Well, the dictum from the league was to go easy on retiring numbers.  We'd have a long way to go to catch the Bears with their 14 retired numbers. I think they wanted to retire Ozzie's number, but he declined. 

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

Well, the dictum from the league was to go easy on retiring numbers.  We'd have a long way to go to catch the Bears with their 14 retired numbers. I think they wanted to retire Ozzie's number, but he declined. 

I think they should retire Ozzies # after he passes away.. I think it would be a class move...

13 minutes ago, nickers said:

I think they should retire Ozzies # after he passes away.. I think it would be a class move...

Class, yes.  But what good would that do Ozzie.  No....if that happens...do it while he is alive.

Its kind of like this:

The "banned" Shoeless Joe Jackson from the HOF  "for life".    But the SOB has been dead since the 50s.    His "life" is over.   So...why should the ban continue?   They still seem to want to punish him 65 years after he has been dead?   Who is being punished?  Other than MLB punishing themselves over it....by denying a great player his rightful place.   (particularly since his role in "the scandal" was questionable in the first place)

7 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Class, yes.  But what good would that do Ozzie.  No....if that happens...do it while he is alive.

Its kind of like this:

The "banned" Shoeless Joe Jackson from the HOF  "for life".    But the SOB has been dead since the 50s.    His "life" is over.   So...why should the ban continue?   They still seem to want to punish him 65 years after he has been dead?   Who is being punished?  Other than MLB punishing themselves over it....by denying a great player his rightful place.   (particularly since his role in "the scandal" was questionable in the first place)

All the same.. I still think they can find a unique way to honor his life... And his career...

54 minutes ago, nickers said:

All the same.. I still think they can find a unique way to honor his life... And his career...

Its controversial, jackson might've not even participated in the fixing of the 1919 world series, but he definitely probably knew about it. The commissioner back then banned anyone who even knew about it and didn't rat out their teammates. Jackson also tried to tell his GM before it happened but the dude wouldn't listen.

Poor Shoeless Joe

6 hours ago, nickers said:

Nah, Ozzie blows. Just ask Tom Flugel. Flugel assured us that with Phil Sewage coming to Cleveland Ozzie would be exposed as riding the coat tails of Phellatio Phil.

Joe Thomas blows. He made no impact on the Browns in any measurable way. Putting him in the HOF is like giving away an award for participation. That's all the guy did. He showed up. Average lardass lineman.

On 3/15/2018 at 6:08 AM, Dutch Oven said:

I imagine Ghoolie Is the human version of someone who has herpes getting another outbreak.

You know you have it, but just pray it stays away, but when it comes back you remember how awful it is. 

So, let me get this right...............you spend your time formulating images of my Sock? The fact that you spend a single moment in your life IMAGINING ANYTHING about another man, is..................fukcking weird.

in this image you concoct, do you count the pustules on my nuts? Do you dream of me porking your wife while you look on? Tell us, penis boy...........what other thoughts about my massive, Ukrainian Keilbassa do you fantasize about?  So, you are a homo, and you spend your time thinking about Ghoolie's Gonads.

Fukced up dude, REALLY fukced up.

I can honestly say, I have never spent one moment imagining anything about your fukcing homos. I don't care to know your names, what guys you like to rim, what you look like, what you do for a living, etc, etc, etc,....................I have never spent even one moment reading anyone's profile, and I sure as hell have never spent one click of a mouse trying to find out about " the real you".

Fukcing idiots.

10 minutes ago, Ghoolie said:

So, let me get this right...............you spend your time formulating images of my Sock? The fact that you spend a single moment in your life IMAGINING ANYTHING about another man, is..................fukcking weird.

in this image you concoct, do you count the pustules on my nuts? Do you dream of me porking your wife while you look on? Tell us, penis boy...........what other thoughts about my massive, Ukrainian Keilbassa do you fantasize about?  So, you are a homo, and you spend your time thinking about Ghoolie's Gonads.

Fukced up dude, REALLY fukced up.

I can honestly say, I have never spent one moment imagining anything about your fukcing homos. I don't care to know your names, what guys you like to rim, what you look like, what you do for a living, etc, etc, etc,....................I have never spent even one moment reading anyone's profile, and I sure as hell have never spent one click of a mouse trying to find out about " the real you".

Fukcing idiots.

Yawn...

You are an attention-craved troll. You practically ran to this board trying to elicit sympathy from these "fukcing homos" when your mom died. You begged the owner of this board to let you come back when you got kicked off. You literally are the human version of herpes. 

Joe Thomas may be the biggest lapse in judgment in NFL history.  The Browns wasted a top draft, trade possibilities and money on a left tackle that protected no one for a team that won more than 5 games once in his career.  When the team finally looks like they are making moves, he retires.  There is no denying that Thomas might go down as one of the best LT in NFL history but his story mirrors why the Browns suck.

Joe you got paid, never had to play under pressure and will retire beloved in Cleveland....wish they would've traded you to the Broncos for a 2nd rounder in 2015

1 hour ago, BaconHound said:

Joe Thomas may be the biggest lapse in judgment in NFL history.  The Browns wasted a top draft, trade possibilities and money on a left tackle that protected no one for a team that won more than 5 games once in his career.  When the team finally looks like they are making moves, he retires.  There is no denying that Thomas might go down as one of the best LT in NFL history but his story mirrors why the Browns suck.

Joe you got paid, never had to play under pressure and will retire beloved in Cleveland....wish they would've traded you to the Broncos for a 2nd rounder in 2015

Funny-Stupid-Memes-14.png

13 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Yawn...

You are an attention-craved troll. You practically ran to this board trying to elicit sympathy from these "fukcing homos" when your mom died. You begged the owner of this board to let you come back when you got kicked off. You literally are the human version of herpes. 

Dude, I didn't post in 7 days. I don't give a fukc about attention. I say what I believe and 99% it bucks the general public. THen 99% of the time it proves out that I was right all along. Go fukc yourself with your analysis of what you think I am. Stick to the subject and topic. If you don't like what I say, debate that. " Imagining" what my Sock must be like, is just plain fukcked up. Totally fukcked up.

Jor Thomas was the most overrated piece of schit to ever play football. When he got hurt, his replacement stepped in and did just as well as Joe did.

Again, in his ENTIRE CAREER...............you cannot point to one fukcing analytic in which he improved the Browns offensive performance. NOT ONE. Joe THomas is a nothing. Other than perfect attendance, what has he done? 130 games with no sack? Hey herpes boy, that isn't an individual statistic. That is an O LINE statistic, and like I have told you jackoffs all along, THE BROWNS O LINE HAS NEVER, EVERY BEEN THE SOURCE OF OUR PROBLEM. N E V E R.

Offensive linemen are a dime-a-dozen. They are the least athletic players on the field, and they are all interchangeable. GARBAGE PLAYERS. Big, Fat butt, top heavy, slow footed, clumsy bastards pet on the field to cause a veritable landfill to give a QB time to pass.

Has nobody realized why Ghoolie has the opinion of O Line? I have seen the pictures, he wishes he was them. He grew up just like Billy Bob. He also has 10% the athletic ability of those linemen he talks bad about at the same size.

He can beat up everyone he has said, but Joe Thomas woukd beat him down in less than 2 minutes.

At least he has a bit of sense. He wants to be like a LINEMAN, .001% attainable, but being any other position, 0%.

Ghoolie, Joe Thomas will come to Memphis at some point. Be the man you say you are, tell that stuff to his face. Then watch as he makes you his COFFEE FETCHER

16 hours ago, BaconHound said:

DING DING DING................ we have a winner. Joe THomas is a fukcing joke.

The 1 time most of the stars and planets aligned for Joe we went 10-6 with a 1300 yard RB, a Pro Bowl WR (Braylon 80 rec 1289 yds 16 TDs) Pro Bowl TE (KWII 82 rec 1106 5 TDs) and a Pro Bowl Alternate QB (DA 29 TD passes).  Unfortunately, that was his rookie year in 2007 and things were never quite the same except for the surprising 7-4 start to our 2014 season.

Joe's Pro Bowl work ethic for 10 consecutive years on top of his elite skill set remained 1 VERY STRONG reason to never lose hope.  Bitonio said something I never forgot so I'm sorry I can only give yuz an old man's paraphrase here: "Anyone that truly understand this game knows he's the best there is. Just watching the things he consistently puts on film; we're extremely fortunate to have the once in a lifetime talent. I'm blessed by the opportunity to play right next to him."

Thanks for letting us watch how a Hall of Fame talent plays the most challenging position on the offensive line for over 10 years Joe!

Joe Thomas.

- I think that all the offensive lineman should wear a JT10K patch, marking 10,000 snaps, 10 probowls, started and ended a Brown. Great job Joe! 

smh... 2 Joes in 1 year is 2 much... :(

3 minutes ago, darren15 said:

He has made a comeback....

Cowboys Signed  Joe Thomas To Two-Year Deal http://bit.ly/2FSkUPh  #Cowboys

had me worried there for a second, but that's not the Joe Thomas we all know and love

http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/nfl/dallas-cowboys/article206316999.html

• 6 months later...

For those market types that want to know what Joe has been up to besides appearing on TNF he's going to be on CNBC's Power Lunch today to talk about his new venture among other things.

What Joe's "venture" turned out to be is that he is promoting, a spokesman for flu shots.

There was some additional chitchat about life after football. Big point he made was how good he feels having lost 50#... has really reduced his struggles with Arthur Itis.

Archived