THE BROWNS BOARD

Shmuck you haslem

syd

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, hoorta said:

Funny thing is Tour- for being a "Football Guy", Dorsey took the player the analytics said was far and away the right pick... Hat's off to you for nailing Ward over Chubb....   

Appreciate it, h... even if it was a blind hog thing...

As for analytics... still have to set that 6' thing aside, but yeah once past that the data said go. I do wonder how much less the comfort level would be around here if this was Sashi's draft. :o

19 hours ago, Babernakle said:

None of what he did in college will work in the nfl he’s not fast has not an elite athlete like Wilson defenses will have a day with him 

True... he can't play like Wilson. So the question is can he develop as Brees did?

1 hour ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Mayfield once he starts will be a legendary Browns QB, bank it.

Certainly will have better odds of being so than before he starts... ;)

16 hours ago, Browns149 said:

A cb can’t touch a wr.  They impact the game way less then a pass rusher

The so called shutdown cb era in the nfl is over

The 5-yd rule has been revoked? B)

On 4/27/2018 at 4:47 PM, Tour2ma said:

Appreciate it, h... even if it was a blind hog thing...

As for analytics... still have to set that 6' thing aside, but yeah once past that the data said go. I do wonder how much less the comfort level would be around here if this was Sashi's draft. :o

True... he can't play like Wilson. So the question is can he develop as Brees did?

He can’t he runs to throw problem is he is slow 

8 hours ago, Babernakle said:

He can’t he runs to throw problem is he is slow 

I think it is a safe bet to say he has a poor chance to develop like brees....because brees is brees.  For every 6' qb with non-elite athleticism and a non-bazooka arm over the last 25 years that became drew brees, there were EVERY SINGLE OTHER QB WHO FITS THAT MOLD WHO DIDN'T.  Because there is only one drew brees.

Whereas if we want to find good outcome scenarios for josh rosen we can easily pair him up with plenty of other pro bowl type people who he could reasonably match up with if things go well.

I just find wild best guess scenarios to be almost not worth considering.  

I think we are looking at a slighty less athletic jeff garcia(for the few years garcia was solid) as the most likely scenario.  And I wouldnt be dissapointed if thats what we get.  It would be an upgrade over what we have had for pretty much ever.  Is it worth the #1 pick?  I guess not...but I don't think it's fair to hold mayfield to that standard....he's a 6'0 qb without great athleticism who walked on in college.  Its not his fault he was drafted #1 overall.  If he becomes the 49ers version of jeff garcia thats a damn good outcome for him

From an outside view....

1.  The Browns took the right QB.  If the guy was even listed as 6'1" and a half...there wouldn't have been a discussion of who is no.1...it would be Mayfield.  The guy played a million reps in College, got better every year, and had a very high completion pct.  He has the it factor...and he's quite a bit more into X's and O's than Johny football if that is what you folks are worried about.  You also just signed the worlds most expensive possesion WR to big money....you got the right QB to find that guy and make him look like that contract is worth it.  

2.  The Giants are going to regret this draft day.  Not because Barkley isn't a good player...he will be good...probalby Reggie Bush good...maybe even better than that.  He certainly has a lot of skills to like. a lot of film to like..but he plays a position that was A) very deep in this draft and B ) has a short life span in the NFL..and C) is more committee based than  it's ever been....Even backs like Barkley are not that hard to come by....several great backs recenltly have been drafted later on..they just aren't that uncommon to find.  What is HARD AS HELL to find is a franchise QB.  They are rare and even when you take one up at the top of a draft, you chance of success is less than 50/50....and it just gets worse the further along you go.  next year or 2 years from now the Giants will be done with Eli and will be trying to figure out how to replace him and with who and how to get a high enough pick to get whoever that is....when they could have just used the 2nd overall pick in this draft and selected Darnold, or Rosen and had the guy ready to go.  If you don't go QB there, at least you go Chubb...because while easier to find than a QB...good edge rushers are at a premium...and they needed one.  HORRIBLE mistake here for the Giants.

I haven't been here long enough to see what Ghoolies history is about predicting future success of draft picks...but if he was all in on Paxton Lynch and Mitch Trubisky....then that is some funny Schidt (is that the proper term here?)

Best of luck to you Cleveland....glad you passed on Mahomes..but I think you made the right call this time with Baker...hope you all are still struggling to get it together by the time we (KC) plays you.  I think you all are going to have one more season of misery while you develop the young roster and Dorsey can finaly fire Hugh...2019 should be the end of the nightmare.  Best regards.  

I haven't been here long enough to see what Ghoolies history is about predicting future success of draft picks...but if he was all in on Paxton Lynch and Mitch Trubisky....then that is some funny Schidt (is that the proper term here?)

Lynch not so much.  Trubisky will be very good imo.

As for Ghoolie's past predictive history.....here is where we get a lot of revisionist history.  "I said ten years ago that  xyz would happen...and by god xyz did happen (except....he may have actually said that abc will happen...not xyz)...but we ain't going back 10 years to verify things.

22 hours ago, Babernakle said:

He can’t........... he runs to throw................ problem is he is slow 

(Spaces added)

I believe the data says he threw far more from the pocket than he did on the run.

Not slow, but not fast either. He's not going to make a living, at least not a very long living as a running QB in the NFL, but he'll be able to buy time if pressured.

Which brings us to "he can't"... He certainly can develop so the real question is, "how much will he?"

13 hours ago, Pat Mahomo said:

2.  The Giants are going to regret this draft day.  Not because Barkley isn't a good player...he will be good...  What is HARD AS HELL to find is a franchise QB.  They are rare and even when you take one up at the top of a draft, you chance of success is less than 50/50....and it just gets worse the further along you go.  next year or 2 years from now the Giants will be done with Eli and will be trying to figure out how to replace him and with who and how to get a high enough pick to get whoever that is....when they could have just used the 2nd overall pick in this draft and selected Darnold, or Rosen and had the guy ready to go.  

I agree 100%. 

They went for instant gratification, which could very well hurt them long term. 

9 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

I agree 100%. 

They went for instant gratification, which could very well hurt them long term. 

And they screwed us to get it. If Barkley wasn't as deserving as he is- I would wish the Giants to never win another game. Pat Shurmur had to Shmuck us Browns Fans one last time... I never liked that guy, now I know why. 

1 minute ago, PoeticG said:

And they screwed us to get it. If Barkley wasn't as deserving as he is- I would wish the Giants to never win another game. Pat Shurmur had to Shmuck us Browns Fans one last time... I never liked that guy, now I know why. 

You should be happy the Giants drafted Barkley.

Your head would have exploded when the Browns passed on him again. 

3 hours ago, PoeticG said:

We'll see if old Sure-loss has learned anything about being a head coach, since the Browns axed him. 

12 hours ago, PoeticG said:

How did he screw the Browns?  

Here is a clue for you dude:  even if the Giants didn't take him....the Browns would not have either.  Dorsey said it on TV this morning:  we were going for the cornerback.

Archived