THE BROWNS BOARD

OUR "Hard Knocks" Thread

Tour2ma

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/11/2018 at 8:14 AM, Dutch Oven said:

Just watched it last night...

Nassib going all Joe Pesci in Goodfellas during his enlightening financial discussion was possibly the whitest thing I've seen in a minute. "Hey, I'm the only white guy here talking to a bunch of black guys. I guess I need to say F U C K every other word so they'll take me seriously!" :D 

I seriously question the long term viability of Hue and Haley working together. 

Landry is good at catching the pigskin. 

Hue might be a mediocre head coach, but is a good guy. But man, the guy couldn't inspire a drowning man to jump on a life boat. His speeches to the team were just bad. 

John Dorsey is the guy everyone knows, Mr. Alpha Male who asks you a question then starts talking over you three seconds later as you try to answer it. 

Classic stuff!  That rates right up there with the "Stiffler's Mom" reply you treated us to you sick bastard! 

Here I was all concerned about Landry's audience in the WR Room.   For some reason, I always thought Nassib was a modern day Richie Cunningham that hit the weight room after someone kicked sand in his face in life without Fonzi. WRONG!  Now, that version of him lining up offsides twice in the Bears' game comes much more into focus. In a world of sic em, sock em and sack em - Lawrence Taylor reminded us you don't have to be the brightest apple in the orchard...

The 2nd episode takes it to another level when OG-G Fabiano from Harvard actually questions the interest percentages Nassib was using from Little's formula.  It reminds me of the time my older brother was all buzzed and bragging he bought some land in Florida through a classified ad and my dad said "Congratulations assshole you just bought a swamp!" 

15 minutes ago, Flugel said:

The 2nd episode takes it to another level when OG-G Fabiano from Harvard actually questions the interest percentages Nassib was using from Little's formula.  It reminds me of the time my older brother was all buzzed and bragging he bought some land in Florida through a classified ad and my dad said "Congratulations pooper you just bought a swamp!" 

Yeah, it's now called Sun City.😂 (Actually they did build a Del Webb called Sweetwater near Jacksonville right out of swampland. A Sister-in-law lives there)

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Sweetwater+by+Del+Webb/@30.2111077,-81.5050362,778m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x88e435266fda81d7:0x654b2354c835bb44!8m2!3d30.2111077!4d-81.5028475

12 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

cut callowsy some slack. He played every down the last game and didnt complain and fired out every play. Hats off. Wr's and db's are thw best overall athletes on the field xause they cover so much ground so quickly ON EVERY DOWN. These guys have to.sell the balls coming to.them on every down

How thoughtful of Callaway not to complain about hustling for 4 quarters in his audition for a starting job.  Any other Pro Football WRs in our division that have ever considered hustling for 4 quarters of football without complaining? 

I'm just busting your balls Clevs. But you do realize he's put himself just 1 brain fart away from Roger Goodfella playing God with a suspension that won't be very merciful.  WR is the position group we could least afford losing another talented guy to off the field issues.  When we're already working around the Josh Gordon thing all this time - the next guy threatening his own playing time off the field isn't going to get sympathy or kid gloves here.

Like you said, you can't be stupid and play at the NFL level.  If he's going to be stupid again, he's not going to be playing again.  All that's left here is tough love...

3 hours ago, Flugel said:

How thoughtful of Callaway not to complain about hustling for 4 quarters in his audition for a starting job.  Any other Pro Football WRs in our division that have ever considered hustling for 4 quarters of football without complaining? 

I'm just busting your balls Clevs. But you do realize he's put himself just 1 brain fart away from Roger Goodfella playing God with a suspension that won't be very merciful.  WR is the position group we could least afford losing another talented guy to off the field issues.  When we're already working around the Josh Gordon thing all this time - the next guy threatening his own playing time off the field isn't going to get sympathy or kid gloves here.

Like you said, you can't be stupid and play at the NFL level.  If he's going to be stupid again, he's not going to be playing again.  All that's left here is tough love...

cmon flugel, some of the best vet wr's in the game wouldnt have come out like that on every play. Remember when gordon was supposedly awesome for us? He still got blown up dustin fox on the all-22 for loafing off the line when the ball wasnt comin to him ergo giving the play away. Thats why i was callimg for gordon to be traded years ago before any troubles started and his trade value was highest. Water under the bridge now he's our special project kid. But point is this calloway kid didnt cry like corey coleman or nothin and even after his TD went back in without complaint. 

That sht had to be exhausting.....and to still walk away from the sevondary on that TD, respect!

1 hour ago, Clevfan4life said:

cmon flugel, some of the best vet wr's in the game wouldnt have come out like that on every play. Remember when gordon was supposedly awesome for us? He still got blown up dustin fox on the all-22 for loafing off the line when the ball wasnt comin to him ergo giving the play away. Thats why i was callimg for gordon to be traded years ago before any troubles started and his trade value was highest. Water under the bridge now he's our special project kid. But point is this calloway kid didnt cry like corey coleman or nothin and even after his TD went back in without complaint. 

That sht had to be exhausting.....and to still walk away from the sevondary on that TD, respect!

I still remember Gordon practically sabotaging Hoyer by running half-assed routes.... 

5 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

Like I said in the first sentence of the 2nd paragraph - I was just busting your balls Clevs.  I actually agree with a lot of what you're saying. I thought his catch on the sideline was even more impressive than the TD from the give-me YAC Mayfield gifted him with. Unfortunately, Callaway's past has him just 1 strike away from Roger Goodfella playing God with a very unpredictable length of suspension.

As for Gordon, do you remember what fan in here used to frequently post he wanted us to trade Gordon as soon as it's ever possible all those years he never had any intention of getting clean?   I can assure you there weren't that many guys posting they agreed beside Canton Mike and a couple others that realized the dream season of 2013 was quite a while ago.  His departure from us in 2017 finally got some to realize it may never happen if getting clean isn't ever going to be his goal/priority.

Having said all that, this was the first off-season Gordon gave a sincere commitment to get clean and in the best shape of his football career (still only 27 years old with minimal wear and tear I might add).  Enough so to change my mind into wanting him stay here finally giving us some entertainment value on all that football talent he's kept hostage.  Refreshing to see talented WRs here driven to succeed.  I'm glad Gordon reported back to camp today. Never thought I'd ever have a reason to type such a thing.  Glad I do though...

I'll add one thing...

Given the level of play of the Law Firm of Landry, Higgins and Calloway... JG is going to have to approach his early form to get a starting job. Whether this is a good thing or a bad thing for Josh is debatable, but I think it's a positive.

A good bit of his success is staking a starting spot will rest on his conditioning. We haven't seen the workout-warrior posts this go'round as we have in the past.

Ain't competition wonderful? :)

2 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

I'll add one thing...

Given the level of play of the Law Firm of Landry, Higgins and Calloway... JG is going to have to approach his early form to get a starting job. Whether this is a good thing or a bad thing for Josh is debatable, but I think it's a positive.

A good bit of his success is staking a starting spot will rest on his conditioning. We haven't seen the workout-warrior posts this go'round as we have in the past.

Ain't competition wonderful? :)

Oh, I think he'll be playing week 1 and starting week 2. He'll be back on top of the depth chart and Calloway the Three and Higgie the 4.

I'm expecting big things from Cab, but let's remember he is only 21 with two years college experience, did not play last year. And Higgie is a backup. Josh and Landry are the starters.

Gordon has clearly been working out hard at UF, I don't think conditioning is going to be much of an issue, knowing the new offense and the new QBs is more of an issue.

Zombo

19 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

I still remember Gordon practically sabotaging Hoyer by running half-assed routes.... 

Me too.

The only reason I could think of for him doing that, was to get Hoyer replaced with JFF.

4 hours ago, Canton Dawg said:

Me too.

The only reason I could think of for him doing that, was to get Hoyer replaced with JFF.

no, he was a lazy spoiled brat that thought he was like the roman empire of nfl offenses....all plays come through me. I think that attitude is long gone ofc but at the time, yeah....

This episode was not as good as last time.  They showed too much of the game.  Sheet all the games in preseason are televised.  Give us more about the training and players.  

Think cujuste will make it as special teamer.

It's simple, Just rewind back to Bob Wylie. that man cracks me up 1)"I'd rather watch a plant grow than stretch"..2)Was he hearing music from Steve Miller calling him Glenn Miller? 3) "push-ups,sit-ups,jumping jacks,climb the wall & ran, won 2 world wars. none of this fancy stretching sheet" 4) 'the only time in your life your going to hear short is better than long, is in your steps" 5)Lard butt fits into a white maserati..Than tells Skippy "No Ferris Bueller chit with this thing"..   AM GOOD FOR A WEEK in this episode of Rhino's & Hogs.. BTW..If Dez does not sign till after week 1..He Plays at WR League Minimum anywhere (if Dez plays at all)       

1 hour ago, gumby73 said:

It's simple, Just rewind back to Bob Wylie. that man cracks me up 1)"I'd rather watch a plant grow than stretch"..2)Was he hearing music from Steve Miller calling him Glenn Miller? 3) "push-ups,sit-ups,jumping jacks,climb the wall & ran, won 2 world wars. none of this fancy stretching sheet" 4) 'the only time in your life your going to hear short is better than long, is in your steps" 5)Lard butt fits into a white maserati..Than tells Skippy "No Farris Bueller chit with this thing"..   AM GOOD FOR A WEEK in this episode of Rhino's & Hogs.. BTW..If Dez does not sign till after week 1..He Plays at WR League Minimum anywhere (if Dez plays at all)       

It would be a smart thing to sign Dez.   To build a strong we core.  Dorsey didn't seem to have closed the door. 

On 8/18/2018 at 5:23 AM, Flugel said:

Classic stuff!  That rates right up there with the "Stiffler's Mom" reply you treated us to you sick bastard! 

Here I was all concerned about Landry's audience in the WR Room.   For some reason, I always thought Nassib was a modern day Richie Cunningham that hit the weight room after someone kicked sand in his face in life without Fonzi. WRONG!  Now, that version of him lining up offsides twice in the Bears' game comes much more into focus. In a world of sic em, sock em and sack em - Lawrence Taylor reminded us you don't have to be the brightest apple in the orchard...

The 2nd episode takes it to another level when OG-G Fabiano from Harvard actually questions the interest percentages Nassib was using from Little's formula.  It reminds me of the time my older brother was all buzzed and bragging he bought some land in Florida through a classified ad and my dad said "Congratulations assshole you just bought a swamp!" 

a) that's hilarious about your brother

b) your dad seems absolutely awesome dude

30 minutes ago, LBC mike said:

It would be a smart thing to sign Dez.   To build a strong we core.  Dorsey didn't seem to have closed the door. 

31 other NFL GMs apparently disagree with your opinion....   

7 hours ago, gumby73 said:

It's simple, Just rewind back to Bob Wylie. that man cracks me up 1)"I'd rather watch a plant grow than stretch"..2)Was he hearing music from Steve Miller calling him Glenn Miller? 3) "push-ups,sit-ups,jumping jacks,climb the wall & ran, won 2 world wars. none of this fancy stretching sheet" 4) 'the only time in your life your going to hear short is better than long, is in your steps" 5)Lard butt fits into a white maserati..Than tells Skippy "No Farris Bueller chit with this thing"..   AM GOOD FOR A WEEK in this episode of Rhino's & Hogs.. BTW..If Dez does not sign till after week 1..He Plays at WR League Minimum anywhere (if Dez plays at all)       

The valet’s response to the Ferris Bueler comment was pretty good. “We learned our lesson.”

1 hour ago, Ibleedbrown said:

The valet’s response to the Ferris Bueler comment was pretty good. “We learned our lesson.”

added to my bucket list.."have bar drink with JT & Wylie".. man can dream right..no wonder JT liked Wylie in the room..could ya imagine

I kind of liked the fact that former Aggie "Wrecking Crew"LB Larry "Black Death" Jackson was working with Josh individually after he returned to the Browns. If he wasn't already in great shape, he will be by game 1. Jackson earned that nickname from his Aggie players when he was S&C coach there.☠️😵

4 hours ago, choco said:

"to build a strong core"  😂

Building a strong core is fine, but with  Josh back, Callaway (assuming that they both stay out of trouble) great addition in Landry, Higgins drastically improved, the new guys looking impressive. Adding Dez to the mix is overkill IMHO. #4 on the depth chart, #3 at best.

So why is Dez hanging around schmoozing Hue? Could it be no other team is interested in him? Let's have some realistic expectations this year. Adding Dez isn't going to magically turn the Browns into a Super Bowl contender.

Archived