THE BROWNS BOARD

Paxton Lynch

SD_Tom

4 minutes ago, jrb12711 said:

I've said it once, I've said it 100 times. You can be too tall to play QB and there's droves of empirical evidence to back that up.

So true. 

Would you agree that the "sweet spot" for height of QBs seems to be between 6'2" and 6'5"?

21 minutes ago, jrb12711 said:

I've said it once, I've said it 100 times. You can be too tall to play QB and there's droves of empirical evidence to back that up.

I never thought of it. Do you think it's Paxton's problem? That he lacks agility and that makes him clumsy? 

12 minutes ago, Nero said:

I never thought of it. Do you think it's Paxton's problem? That he lacks agility and that makes him clumsy? 

Kurt Warner shortly into this video I think goes into it the best I've heard: 

http://www.nfl.com/videos/houston-texans/0ap3000000728376/Warner-on-Brock-Hard-for-tall-QBs-to-have-good-mechanics

I don't worry too much about mobility, I just think when you're that tall your limbs and what not are just a bit jonky. In sports like basketball the mechanics are important, but not nearly as vital as the QB position.

32 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

So true. 

Would you agree that the "sweet spot" for height of QBs seems to be between 6'2" and 6'5"?

Yeah, something like that. It's becoming a bit more common for the 5'11-6'1 crowd, but that more IMO undescrores the shift in how many offensive schemes are now in the NFL.

20 hours ago, jrb12711 said:

Yep, I saw that (and believe it) when DA was the QB here....6'6" & taller is "too tall" for the QB position.

Mike

7 hours ago, Canton Mike said:

Yep, I saw that (and believe it) when DA was the QB here....6'6" & taller is "too tall" for the QB position.

Mike

Besides being too tall.. DA was as dumb as a bag of rocks...

17 minutes ago, nickers said:

Played 13 years in the league, made over $30 million, married a hottie.

Pretty good for a dummy.

Z

33 minutes ago, Zombo said:

Played 13 years in the league, made over $30 million, married a hottie.

Pretty good for a dummy.

Z

Like they say.. Everything is timing I guess... Yeah.. One lucky SOB he is...

4 hours ago, nickers said:

sigh.......u dont play a single down in the nfl at any position, let alone freaking qb, if ur an idiot. U might be socially awkward, u might lack so e vasic common sense on certain things because u've been a coddled golden snot rocket ur whole young adult life.....but if ur a moron on the field all the time ur days are limited. 

I rem sone guys here saying no to drafting joey "bag o'donuts" bosa cause he was apparently no smarter than said bag of donuts. 2 years into his career now he has over 20 sacks i beleive. 

18 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

sigh.......u dont play a single down in the nfl at any position, let alone freaking qb, if ur an idiot. U might be socially awkward, u might lack so e vasic common sense on certain things because u've been a coddled golden snot rocket ur whole young adult life.....but if ur a moron on the field all the time ur days are limited. 

I rem sone guys here saying no to drafting joey "bag o'donuts" bosa cause he was apparently no smarter than said bag of donuts. 2 years into his career now he has over 20 sacks i beleive. 

"You need to learn how to "Use The word "You" , in its correct form.. (U) is for people with an IQ of 0.02% intelligence or lack there of.... (U) is the work of a LAZY person...

2 hours ago, nickers said:

"You need to learn how to "Use The word "You" , in its correct form.. (U) is for people with an IQ of 0.02% intelligence or lack there of.... (U) is the work of a LAZY person...

Y'all is harder to spell and impossible to pronoun by my R.I. English teacher wife.😘

38 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Y'all is harder to spell and impossible to pronoun by my R.I. English teacher wife.😘

I'll take your word for it... Take her out for a Smoothie!

One cannot categorize any human being based on measurable analytical data. Django Reinhardt played Jazz with a deformed right hand that I promise you a paper-weight players like Clapton, B.B. King and Beck couldn't play if they spent their entire lives trying. 

Maybe someone should tell this young man that it is impossible to play the piano without hands?

Paxton Lynch could be any height and he would not likely ever be starting QB material. Nonetheless, I like the man, Paxton Lynch. I root for him and will do so until his run at the NFL is done. That said, at least 2 NFL teams thought enough of him to bring him on board. 

Most of you on this board, frankly are simpletons. I think the majority of you couldn't muster an original thought without someone in print or digital media telling you what to think first. The collective life wisdom of people on this board is not much higher than a frozen turd.

Let me teach you something. Statistics and analytics are post-mortem data. In other words, they are accumulated AFTER the fact. Other than predicting the obvious, they are food for fools. Sure, the analytical that tells us that the probability of a man 5' 8" cannot play DE in the NFL is a statistic of common sense. Talking about the "sweet-spot" of NFL QB height is also a crock of meaningless schidt. Idiots (like you) take a look a the average height on NFL QBs and think that you now have an analytic that will help you pick the right QB. IDIOTS... YOU ARE Fahking idiots.......................... Proof?????????????????????

You say the sweet spot of NFL QBs is 6' 2" - 6" 5"????? REALLY?   Well, let me shove your statistic up your asss.

The sweet spot of college QBs who do not make it in the NFL............. is ALSO....................... 6"2  -  6" 5".........................In fact, I would be surprised to find out that the failure rate for QBs in the 6'2 - 6" 5 height range, is HIGHER than that for those in the 5' 11" - 6" 1" range.

Sorry, dickheads, a man cannot be judged, analyzed or evaluated based on some idiotic set of arithmetic equations schemed up by a boneheaded 2.1 GPA moron of a coach or sports enthusiast.

Lynch blows because he doesn't have the vision, rhythm, feel, touch, sense, and nack for the game. His analytics blow those of Kosar away. His performance however, can't compare.

Analytics don't just blow, people who actually think they are valid? THATS WHO REALLY BLOWS.

2 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

One cannot categorize any human being based on measurable analytical data. Django Reinhardt played Jazz with a deformed right hand that I promise you a paper-weight players like Clapton, B.B. King and Beck couldn't play if they spent their entire lives trying. 

Maybe someone should tell this young man that it is impossible to play the piano without hands?

Paxton Lynch could be any height and he would not likely ever be starting QB material. Nonetheless, I like the man, Paxton Lynch. I root for him and will do so until his run at the NFL is done. That said, at least 2 NFL teams thought enough of him to bring him on board. 

Most of you on this board, frankly are simpletons. I think the majority of you couldn't muster an original thought without someone in print or digital media telling you what to think first. The collective life wisdom of people on this board is not much higher than a frozen turd.

Let me teach you something. Statistics and analytics are post-mortem data. In other words, they are accumulated AFTER the fact. Other than predicting the obvious, they are food for fools. Sure, the analytical that tells us that the probability of a man 5' 8" cannot play DE in the NFL is a statistic of common sense. Talking about the "sweet-spot" of NFL QB height is also a crock of meaningless schidt. Idiots (like you) take a look a the average height on NFL QBs and think that you now have an analytic that will help you pick the right QB. IDIOTS... YOU ARE Fahking idiots.......................... Proof?????????????????????

You say the sweet spot of NFL QBs is 6' 2" - 6" 5"????? REALLY?   Well, let me shove your statistic up your asss.

The sweet spot of college QBs who do not make it in the NFL............. is ALSO....................... 6"2  -  6" 5".........................In fact, I would be surprised to find out that the failure rate for QBs in the 6'2 - 6" 5 height range, is HIGHER than that for those in the 5' 11" - 6" 1" range.

Sorry, dickheads, a man cannot be judged, analyzed or evaluated based on some idiotic set of arithmetic equations schemed up by a boneheaded 2.1 GPA moron of a coach or sports enthusiast.

Lynch blows because he doesn't have the vision, rhythm, feel, touch, sense, and nack for the game. His analytics blow those of Kosar away. His performance however, can't compare.

Analytics don't just blow, people who actually think they are valid? THATS WHO REALLY BLOWS.

butthurt.jpg

5 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Make sure to fill that "Butthurt Report" out in triplicate, snowflake. 

You have an uncanny fetish for A$$ , It seems.....

6 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Make sure to fill that "Butthurt Report" out in triplicate, snowflake. 

That's "MR. SNOWFLAKE" to you...

... or maybe Mrs...

Archived