THE BROWNS BOARD

Trade for Khalil Mack

LondonBrown

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

they would define the word "trouble". That being said, the price can be too high and id be perfectly comfirtable going after nick bosa next year

That finally makes sense...  Trading up in the first round next year to get Bosa for four years (on a rookie deal) is more intelligent than breaking the bank to get Mack. 

Bittersweet! I had lofty visions OF Mack and Garrett, but oh well! Play ball indeed. (please stay healthy Garrett). 

We saw Garrett play a healthy half and absolutely destroy the Super Bowl Champs in a meaningless preseason game against a solid backup LT. When asked about the game, Garrett made an interesting point, and he said playing one half is fun, but playing the SECOND half is really where it starts to get good because you can execute the moves you've been setting up and the lineman begins to tire. Garrett's conditioning is second to none in the DE world. He stays healthy and he's going to have some games where he puts up scary numbers. That being said, even having one dominant DE isn't enough. Teams can try to plan against him. We won't be a stellar defense unless Ogbah and Avery can take advantage of the massive attention on Garrett. 

Keep an eye on Genard Avery this year, especially on obvious passing downs. Gregg likes to kick Ogbah inside, and Avery will basically be a standing defensive end opposite Garrett. Ogunjobi would likely be the other DT, and he's excellent at penetration. Guys, that's a legit arsenal. 

14 minutes ago, jiggins7919 said:

Bittersweet! I had lofty visions OF Mack and Garrett, but oh well! Play ball indeed. (please stay healthy Garrett). 

We saw Garrett play a healthy half and absolutely destroy the Super Bowl Champs in a meaningless preseason game against a solid backup LT. When asked about the game, Garrett made an interesting point, and he said playing one half is fun, but playing the SECOND half is really where it starts to get good because you can execute the moves you've been setting up and the lineman begins to tire. Garrett's conditioning is second to none in the DE world. He stays healthy and he's going to have some games where he puts up scary numbers. That being said, even having one dominant DE isn't enough. Teams can try to plan against him. We won't be a stellar defense unless Ogbah and Avery can take advantage of the massive attention on Garrett. 

Keep an eye on Genard Avery this year, especially on obvious passing downs. Gregg likes to kick Ogbah inside, and Avery will basically be a standing defensive end opposite Garrett. Ogunjobi would likely be the other DT, and he's excellent at penetration. Guys, that's a legit arsenal. 

Ya, Williams is high on Avery. I'm not one to get excited about 5th round picks ... But don't you feel that Avery in the 5th round was exactly what they wanted form Mingo at #7 overall many years ago. Could be a huge steal for John Dorsey who will never buy a drink in Cleveland again if we go 8-8 this year.

Zombo

1 hour ago, Canton Dawg said:

Another tweet from Ian Rapoport. . .

Sources: The #Bears are giving 2 first-round picks to the #Raiders for star Khalil Mack. That may not be it, but that is the crux of the deal. A huge, huge deal.

MKC is reporting deal is done..Mack "might be" a Bear   EDIT--Rapaport says 2 1st round picks +++plus++,deal seems done lacking details.We weren't the only team to get out bid +++plus bears new dollars..Jets finished 2nd in the running for Mack 

44 minutes ago, jcam222 said:

Our offer was outgunned that the last minute. 

Hard to believe that the BROWNS can be financially outgunned right now BUT they still have to get over the loser reputation......hopefully that is corrected somewhat this season. 

1 hour ago, Clevfan4life said:

so the browns were legit contenders? what was our offer? two first rounders is excessive and thst might not be all the bears give them? yeah im glad. We still need to find a LDE that cant be blocked by the zach ertz's of the nfl....

I will be very surprised if the Browns aren't drafting in the top 10 this upcoming draft, and that draft has a ridiculous amount of DLine prospects. 

Hell, the entire Clemson DLine could be drafted in the first two rounds. 

official... Bears get Mack & Oaklands 2020 2nd & 5th...Oakland gets bears 2019 1st & 6th//2020 1st & 3rd...whew!! Oakland did not like deals from AFC,wanted Mack out

3 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Great trade for da Raiders... those 1's are going to be high ones.

I had to read that again 1+6 and 1+3 hmmmmmmmm.

20 hours ago, LBC mike said:

Yeah let's loose 14 games this year to get bosa.  Makes sense

:) You weren't paying attention. I said trade up for Bosa. I don't expect the Browns to be drafting high enough to get Nick. FWIW, I got a rare freebie to head to Columbus to see Nick & the Buckeyes in person today. Bosa is as advertised, a one man wrecking crew. The hype he might be better than his brother is totally believable. For sure a top 3 pick.   

10 hours ago, gumby73 said:

MKC is reporting deal is done..Mack "might be" a Bear   EDIT--Rapaport says 2 1st round picks +++plus++,deal seems done lacking details.We weren't the only team to get out bid +++plus bears new dollars..Jets finished 2nd in the running for Mack 

The Bears GM Ryan Pace must have been high to give up that much for Mack- and then give him a cap busting deal on top of it. Anyone want to bet Kahlil won't make the Chicago a playoff team this year?   

4 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Great trade for da Raiders... those 1's are going to be high ones.

Highway robbery Tour. You and me both know- with the bar set this high, assuming Myles plays to DPOY stature, what's his # going to be to keep him around in a couple years? $150 million?  

20 hours ago, LBC mike said:

Yeah let's loose 14 games this year to get bosa.  Makes sense

Lose, LOSE not loose.  Loose vs. Lose. Shundalyn Allen. Words. Lose is a verb that means “to fail to win, to misplace, or to free oneself from something or someone.” Loose is an adjective that means “not tight.”

17 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Lose, LOSE not loose.  Loose vs. Lose. Shundalyn Allen. Words. Lose is a verb that means “to fail to win, to misplace, or to free oneself from something or someone.” Loose is an adjective that means “not tight.”

I almost never play the grammar card DieHard. But Mike was one of the Mack at any cost guys....  Something I was adamantly against... 

I agree with Chuckie...  from NFL.com 

"Gruden downplayed the importance of Mack the entire offseason, at one point noting Oakland's D was poor with the pass rusher last season. Gruden's logic, whether you agree with it or not, is that the Raiders can take the savings from trading Mack to add multiple players down the road.

Trading a player of Mack's capability does not make Oakland better today. With a 10-year, $100 million contract, Gruden, however, is playing the long game. Adding two first-round picks and avoiding salary-cap hell could set the Raiders on solid foundation years ahead. The theory only works if Oakland hits on those draft picks and signs good players. We know Mack is a great player. Draft picks and cap space can be fool's gold." 

Don't we know about accumulating draft picks and using them on busts...   

27 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Loser is someone who nitpicks over someone else's grammar. :lol:

36 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Lose is a verb that means “to fail to win, to misplace, or to free oneself from something or someone.” Loose is an adjective that means “not tight.”

10 minutes in the Penalty Box for speaking prober internet..Now get in the box..🥊

16 hours ago, jcam222 said:

Our offer was outgunned that the last minute. 

BULLSHIDT  I told you earlier in this thread, the Fahking Browns were never in the hunt. They never will acquire top free agents nor will they draft top playmakers.

This is a schidt team and a schidt Franchise.

I am wearing a Leveon Bell shirt to the Browns Backers opening day game. THe Browns blow.

13 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

BULLSHIDT  I told you earlier in this thread, the Fahking Browns were never in the hunt. They never will acquire top free agents nor will they draft top playmakers.

I am wearing a Leveon Bell shirt to the Browns Backers opening day game. THe Browns blow.

You are simply wrong. They had a multiple pick / player offer being negotiated for days last week.  There was another circumstance last week that likely reduced some of our flexibilty on the package. Ultimately it ended up boiling down to someone offering two first rounders AND being outside the AFC.     As far as what you “ told us  earlier”, you throw a LOT of sh!t at the wall. Some of it’s bound to stick. What sticks is all you seem to remember which is why I somewhat fondly nicknamed you Nostradumbass last year LOL. Relative to your attire for the game I seriously think you should consider meds to smooth out your rollercoaster. Not sure if that’s antidepressants , estrogen or both. 

14 hours ago, hoorta said:

Highway robbery Tour. You and me both know- with the bar set this high, assuming Myles plays to DPOY stature, what's his # going to be to keep him around in a couple years? $150 million?  

Still TBD, h... but not for at least 3 more years... 4, if we go to the 5th year option without extending onto his rookie deal.

Speaking of losersSpeaking of losers

I am wearing a Leveon Bell shirt to the Browns Backers opening day game. The Browns blow.

Nah- the Browns made a legit offer for Mack- I don't know why. The Bears made a lunatic offer the Raiders gladly accepted. Mack isn't magically going to turn the Da Bears into a playoff team in 2018- (care to bet me on that one?) Not with the Vikings and Packers in the same division. And now they're missing a couple future first round picks on top of it. 

As Gruden said after the trade- the Raiders defense wasn't very good last year with Mack. So shove that one up your tailpipe about Mack being a "difference maker". Since you like to rag on Joe Thomas- Joe was a "generational talent" at OT, and where did that get the Browns? The only defensive player I can recall who elevated a franchise after changing teams was Reggie White. 

PS- Mack's contract this year is relatively cheap, but FYI, the Bears put themselves in cap hell the next couple seasons. Put all their eggs in one basket. Lotsa luck, Chicago.   

And you're a shidt troll. 

17 hours ago, jcam222 said:

You are simply wrong. They had a multiple pick / player offer being negotiated for days last week.  There was another circumstance last week that likely reduced some of our flexibilty on the package. Ultimately it ended up boiling down to someone offering two first rounders AND being outside the AFC.     As far as what you “ told us  earlier”, you throw a LOT of sh!t at the wall. Some of it’s bound to stick. What sticks is all you seem to remember which is why I somewhat fondly nicknamed you Nostradumbass last year LOL. Relative to your attire for the game I seriously think you should consider meds to smooth out your rollercoaster. Not sure if that’s antidepressants , estrogen or both. 

always great analytics for why the Browns always get beat at the last.minute eh?

C H E A P

On 8/28/2018 at 1:12 PM, hoorta said:

2) We're not giving up a first round pick either. The Browns aren't one player away from the Super Bowl

The Browns aren't even one player away from being able to Beat a good Canadian team.

Archived