THE BROWNS BOARD

Trade for Khalil Mack

LondonBrown

Just now, Ghoolie said:

The Browns aren't even one player away from being able to Beat a good Canadian team.

You're not even one post away from being a good troll.  Just can the weak crap, it's getting boring. 

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/1/2018 at 9:42 AM, Zombo said:

Ya, Williams is high on Avery. I'm not one to get excited about 5th round picks ... But don't you feel that Avery in the 5th round was exactly what they wanted form Mingo at #7 overall many years ago. Could be a huge steal for John Dorsey who will never buy a drink in Cleveland again if we go 8-8 this year.

Zombo

That's a fair point about Mingo, although they wanted that and much more from such a lofty pick. Keep in mind that draft was utterly awful for many teams, but I remember saying (screaming) "WTF WTF" after our selection of Mingo was announced. What we WANTED was a vaunted speed edge rusher. What we got was someone who had speed and little else. Speed is nice but tackles are generally too good to get beaten by one move consistently. Mingo didn't really have anything else to offer. Avery on the other hand is more of a bowling ball type player and plays with awesome leverage and center of gravity due to his super compact frame and leg strength. Not only that, but Avery is now in an NFL strength program, and he's going to get extremely powerful. Players that come into the league with his type of power generally get stronger very quickly with the introduction of NFL level nutrition, strength science, and the year round state of the game. That, and he obviously doesn't have class and he's also reaching his peak of being a man.

You ever wonder why you don't see many stud freshman defensive and offensive linemen? It's because they aren't men yet. Even a physical freak like Myles Garrett is much stronger after a year in the league. Once you get the benefit of the NFL conditioning treatment, a player can typically get much stronger in just a year. Avery might just "flash" a few games this year, but I'd keep an eye on him next season. Mingo never had the frame or body style to be both fast and strong. It just wasn't going to happen. Speed is terrific, but speed without power and skill at DE is of little use. You guys notice what Myles Garrett's best move is? It's not his insane speed rush. Myles makes the majority of his plays by pushing his blocker directly into the pocket, and Myles looks even stronger this year, not to mention healthy. 

Speaking of healthy, I should mention that it was about this exact time last year when we all got the phone alert saying Myles suffered a freak high ankle sprain. Just days before our first game against the very same opponent. It should be noted that I'll be in a mental hospital if that happens again. 

5 minutes ago, jiggins7919 said:

Speaking of healthy, I should mention that it was about this exact time last year when we all got the phone alert saying Myles suffered a freak high ankle sprain. Just days before our first game against the very same opponent.. 

Are crazy bringing that up? Wrap him bubble wrap and push him around in a cart until gametime.

Zombo

1 hour ago, Zombo said:

Are crazy bringing that up? Wrap him bubble wrap and push him around in a cart until gametime.

Zombo

Oh yes the very nature of professional tackle football and the who stays healthy and who doesn't lottery. Survival football for real.

I remember one year way back....hey were old.....4th quarter of preseason game when the starting quarterback threw a pick and got pizzed and tried to blast the guy out of bounds, blew out a knee.....out.

After that they started pulling out the starters more, you never know.

this is a bad trade for both teams.  

Bad for the raiders because, despite the two firsts which dont know if they will be 5 or 25, you send the wrong message to your fans as an organization.  Now I know that doesnt win games, but this is a business after all.  The "what good are draft picks if the point of draft picks is to hope you get a player like mack" I sorta get, but it's more complicated than that.  Obviously you have to look at the cap issues.  1st round draft picks for 4 years are cheaper....although this is highly dependent on where you are drafting- check out the cap hit on a 5th year option for a very high pick.  It's ummm...up there. 

Bad for the bears because mack pretty much has to be a truly amazing player the next 3-4 years for this to be worth it.  He has to be 2016 good.  Which is possibe, but it's more likely he plays like a really good player and not the absolute best defensive player in the nfl

14 hours ago, Tacosman said:

this is a bad trade for both teams.  

Bad for the raiders because, despite the two firsts which dont know if they will be 5 or 25, you send the wrong message to your fans as an organization.  Now I know that doesnt win games, but this is a business after all.  The "what good are draft picks if the point of draft picks is to hope you get a player like mack" I sorta get, but it's more complicated than that.  Obviously you have to look at the cap issues.  1st round draft picks for 4 years are cheaper....although this is highly dependent on where you are drafting- check out the cap hit on a 5th year option for a very high pick.  It's ummm...up there. 

Bad for the bears because mack pretty much has to be a truly amazing player the next 3-4 years for this to be worth it.  He has to be 2016 good.  Which is possibe, but it's more likely he plays like a really good player and not the absolute best defensive player in the nfl

I think that the Raiders up and leaving Oakland for Vegas was message enough for their fans, showing that they don't give a shite about them....only about the money they can make.

Archived