THE BROWNS BOARD

Trade for Khalil Mack

LondonBrown

25 minutes ago, hoorta said:

That's you're fallacy- You don't pay Kahlil Mack $21 million unless

I happen to agree with that.  A team certainly cannot have every position paid at the top of the market value.  I'm just sayin' that a draft pick is a token that you put in a slot machine in April.  (at least that's how it's been for us).  Whereas trading a draft pick for Landry takes the slot machine out of the equation.  Although his bill will come due next year.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heard on Fox Sports the rumors are the Raiders want two first round picks for Mack- which means they're really not interested in trading him. We'll see how serious he is when he starts missing game checks. 

Was also posited him and Aaron Donald are waiting it out to see who gets paid first to set the market. But IMHO that was already done when Suh broke the bank in Miami. I'd like to believe teams wised up after that fiasco. 

On 8/30/2018 at 3:03 PM, hoorta said:

Heard on Fox Sports the rumors are the Raiders want two first round picks for Mack- which means they're really not interested in trading him. We'll see how serious he is when he starts missing game checks. 

Was also posited him and Aaron Donald are waiting it out to see who gets paid first to set the market. But IMHO that was already done when Suh broke the bank in Miami. I'd like to believe teams wised up after that fiasco. 

Well I doubt anyone wised up. Just liked Flacco set the market, and now guys are getting close to double. Contracts have just gone up, so has the cap.

Suh isnt a great example either. Because he could be even more valuable if he focused just on doing his best playing on the field. His antics have cost him money. And Donald is quite a bit better than him

3 hours ago, hoorta said:

Heard on Fox Sports the rumors are the Raiders want two first round picks

...for one of the eleven guys who tackle people.

2 hours ago, Orion said:

...for one of the eleven guys who tackle people.

right. u go after a guy like that either in the draft or in FA where u know he's coming cause he wants to play here and not being strongarmed by a team thats saying if u want out its gonna have to be to these huckleberries who are fixin to.give us 2 1st rounders. no uh uh no way

....... if he had under performed since signing his rookie contract, I wonder if he would be desperately trying to give money back to his employers?  

Yea, I'm sure he would. 

"The inclusion of a player like defensive end Emmanuel Ogbah or Collins might make the deal more intriguing for Oakland as well."

ooooooooo, not sure about a 1st rounder AND collins.....but ogbah? yup. And if they can frontload tgat contract so that they're cleared up better when other guys come due.......mmmmm, man thats making me think

4 minutes ago, Orion said:

Too much money and too many picks required for one of the eleven guys who tackle people.

yeah...no.  while im kinda shying away from this idea, Mack is not a guy that tackles people.  hes the guy that rushes the passer....THE premier position on defense...the position that makes it difficult to pass in this pass-happy league.

however, it comes at the expense of solving DT through trade or cuts, as next draft appears heavy for DL.

I'm betting now that Aaron Donald and the Rams have officially set the bar, Mack will sign an extension with the Raiders in the next couple of days or sooner. 

1 hour ago, Clevfan4life said:

do they need a wr? Id entertain the idea of skipping the 1st rounder and giving em a 2nd along with gordon. Than promptly signing dez

cant express just how terrible of an idea this is...

1 hour ago, D Bone said:

I'm betting now that Aaron Donald and the Rams have officially set the bar, Mack will sign an extension with the Raiders in the next couple of days or sooner. 

Yup- and I doubt Donald plays all seven years on that contract. 40 million up front, the money is getting crazy...  

On 8/30/2018 at 3:03 PM, hoorta said:

Donald has signed a 6 year deal.    $135 mill?

35 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

right cause josh has proved such a solid yearly presence in our lockerroom.

Then why would the Raiders want him, huh? Nope, we've invested far too much pain and suffering with Josh's troubles to kick him out the door now- even for a talent like Mack. Who, BTW isn't going anywhere.

1 hour ago, CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS said:

It seems like you don’t like him.

Regardless he’s our #1 wideout and it seems clear by how coach Hue acts, he’s not going anywhere

i dont hate him, at all....but im also not hopeful about him. Todd haley feels the same way and he knows far more about josh gordons troubles than we do. Yes, coach jackson is optimistic.....we'll see

3 hours ago, hoorta said:

Then why would the Raiders want him, huh? 

cause if they dont want to pay mack 22m they might settle on multiple pieces coupled perhaps with a later round. Mack is prob not going anywhere, my suggestion about was just a thought. If they're adamant about a 1st rounder than yeah they dont get gordon packaged up. I just opined that if they were amenable to a later round pick and a package of ogbah, gordon and some beers......id do it. Just my opinion.

But all that is predicated on how mack would want his contract structured. If we couldnt work something out with him that left us good with other key players we need the cap to sign, than no deal. 

this just in hue Jackson  has offered up baker Mayfield and miles garrett plus next years  1st and 2nd round picks for  mack and carr and their 3rd round pick rumor from mkc stating that there is going to be a shake up in the front office and that Haley may be replaced with Zampese 

19 minutes ago, syd said:

this just in hue Jackson  has offered up baker Mayfield and miles garrett plus next years  1st and 2nd round picks for  mack and carr and their 3rd round pick rumor from mkc stating that there is going to be a shake up in the front office and that Haley may be replaced with Zampese 

Ernie or Ken? 

Archived