THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns Sign Rod Streater

domcucch1994

16 hours ago, domcucch1994 said:

I'm upset over a dumb trade... Your just a fukin sheep for following this regime blindly cause you think Dorsey can do no wrong... Baaah baaaah!

So? You're effectively saying Josh could do no wrong. 

6 hours ago, hoorta said:

So? You're effectively saying Josh could do no wrong. 

I'm not saying that what he did wasn't wrong...

He's done plenty of wrong Sheet to have been cut at least 2,3 years ago...

But whoever it was, Jimmy, Hue, etc. decided to keep him around in case he turned the corner..

You got to figure, coming into the opener with NO time in training camp. It was going to be a transition to get back into the swing of things...

I think trading him now was extreme..

Especially since he costs next to nothing to keep him on the roster..

We didn't get anything back for him.. we could of just released him at the end of the season if he didn't perform or whatever..

But it is what it is.. he's not here, so I'm done talking about it.

2 hours ago, domcucch1994 said:

You got to figure, coming into the opener with NO time in training camp. It was going to be a transition to get back into the swing of things...

But who's fault was it that he had no time in training camp??  It's not like it was bad luck and he got hurt on the first day of camp so he didn't get to practice or work with the team.  He made the decision to not show up for weeks of camp.  That was his choice to not show up and be with the team for several weeks of training camp.   Dude had 8 months of offseason to get himself ready to play football and prepare for a season and chose not to be there.

That was probably strike 2 against him with this current front office and then the hamstring injury that occurs away from the team (which we now know was a totally bogus injury, just an excuse not to play) and that was strike 3 and he's gone. 

I don't hate the guy....I had hope that we would get the 2013 version of him this year but I also understand the feeling that he's not someone the team can count on to be there week to week and it certainly seems like he doesn't want to play here, so it's time for the team to move on from him.

21 minutes ago, LBC mike said:

Didn't streeter and Taylor play good together in buffalo?

He was in camp will Bill's and Taylor last year, but didn't make the team.

Was in camp with Bill's this year, caught a TD pass against us on that play where Nate Orchard famously whiffed on Nate Allen.

Seems like I'm the only guy that likes this pickup.

Josh is finally gone, Callaway and Higgins are promoted, we get a late round pick and this guy. 

We're not going to be that organization that gets duped by guys like Kendricks and Gordon. We'd rather develop Avvery and Callaway. We'll be better off in the long run.

We've lost one game. On the road, against a Super Bowl contending team with a SB coach and a HOF QB and we took them to the last second.

I'm excited to see what we bring tonight.

Z

I'll say "Meh" again.  I don't even care about Josh leaving, I just don't get this signing. 

This guy has little to zero upside. 30 year old "speedster" that was out all last year with a foot injury, and hasn't had a decent season since 2013. But maybe the most head scratching thing.... he couldn't crack Buffalo's juggernaut WR depth chart....

It's not like he is some seasoned vet. Is he some monster on Special Teams? 

Still not sure why you even need a 5th WR when you have Duke.  Seems like a more important position of need if you wanted to use a rental player with all the injuries would be a rotational DL'men.  If you wanted to add a 5th WR why not try to find a young one that slipped through the cracks and we can keep on the roster for years if he works out. 

But, whatever. 

Archived