THE BROWNS BOARD

If Baker is really this good...

Tour2ma

On 9/21/2018 at 12:35 PM, htownbrown said:

Can't wait to see The Herd today though.

That moron he had with him just mentioned Baker having his phone in his hand at the end of the game .......... how dare he have a phone in his hand after taking a 1-31 team to a 2nd half comeback win on debut .......how Shmucking dare he ...... put Tyrod back in and trade him .....

16 minutes ago, darren15 said:
17 minutes ago, darren15 said:

That moron he had with him just mentioned Baker having his phone in his hand at the end of the game .......... how dare he have a phone in his hand after taking a 1-31 team to a 2nd half comeback win on debut .......how Shmucking dare he ...... put Tyrod back in and trade him .....

Phone? Call Collins mom and tell her "Baker is not studying his playbook. Bake is on the sidelines at Sooner/Army Game" 

It's amazing the effect a real QB has on a team.. What I witnessed the other night was that as soon as Baker walked out on to the field.... He literally raised the level of play of the entire team... I haven't seen that since we had Kosar.

I was disappointed to see that Tie Wad , While on the sidelines did NOT get together with his receivers and start talking and planning about what they could do for the next series... That should tell you all you need to know about him.. 1) He's a shitty chess player 2) He's not a leader of men.

Not sure how much you can inspire in a total of 4:03 of game clock at the end of a defensive struggle... but whatever.

Interesting thing to me was that Bradford had played well for most of the game, then not so much late and somehow that made it time to make the switch. This after two pretty terrible complete games by Bradford. Dubious decision to say the least...

19 hours ago, nickers said:

It's amazing the effect a real QB has on a team.. What I witnessed the other night was that as soon as Baker walked out on to the field.... He literally raised the level of play of the entire team... I haven't seen that since we had Kosar.

I was disappointed to see that Tie Wad , While on the sidelines did NOT get together with his receivers and start talking and planning about what they could do for the next series... That should tell you all you need to know about him.. 1) He's a shitty chess player 2) He's not a leader of men.

I like your chess reference. I've been told on here that chess and football are completely alien to each other. But then again, he's really into the whole anal thing. I'm more old skool in that football and the game of chess go hand in hand.

18 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Not sure how much you can inspire in a total of 4:03 of game clock at the end of a defensive struggle... but whatever.

Interesting thing to me was that Bradford had played well for most of the game, then not so much late and somehow that made it time to make the switch. This after two pretty terrible complete games by Bradford. Dubious decision to say the least...

Rosen is a turnover machine, just like Darnold. They both would benefit by sitting a year like Mahomes did at KC. Speaking of Mahomes, that is the QB Baker beat out at Taco Tech. Davis Webb was the other. Webb was already one of the top QB's in the Big12 and was injured and Baker the walk on takes over and becomes big12 new comer of the yr. Mahomes was a redshirt.

The next spring the QB battle started at Taco Tech. Baker won but HC  Kliff Kingsberry  wanted his first QB he recruited to have the spot over the walk on. 

3 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Yea, really.   They put him in with 4 minutes left in the game and expect him to pull the game out under those circumstances?  And it was not like Bradford was hurt.    They should probably just go with Rosen from here out, as Browns will with Mayfield  (I was about to write Manziel.....after typing the first two letters of his name.  Yikes!)

5 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Really. One series (Rosen) or one half (Mayfield) does not a career make.

22 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

I can see this fall coming. Stop building him up this hard guys. We did this with weedon. Not saying the two are comparable...im just saying, relax. If tyrod has to come back in a few weeks for a game or two, so be it. 

We are relaxed.   You are the one having conniptions apparently.

3 minutes ago, flyingfooldoug said:

In the Warren paper, Kevin Mack compared Mayfield to Kosar. A young team with a new young QB. 

Cleveland's set. Mayfield Road, Mayfield Heights....good to go.

Right....but....as someone said, lets not get ahead of ourselves (even though I clearly did).    In other words, lets hope Baker Mayfield doesn't become Baker Mayberry........and end up playing like Goober, Gomer, Barney, or Otis etc. 

it-just-dawned-on-me-why-mayberry-was-so

55 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Right....but....as someone said, lets not get ahead of ourselves (even though I clearly did).    In other words, lets hope Baker Mayfield doesn't become Baker Mayberry........and end up playing like Goober, Gomer, Barney, or Otis etc. 

it-just-dawned-on-me-why-mayberry-was-so

Shhhhhhhhhhhh! Knock on wood.

Sounds more like a inbred stool city family tree/twig

8 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

I can see this fall coming. Stop building him up this hard guys. We did this with weedon. Not saying the two are comparable...im just saying, relax. If tyrod has to come back in a few weeks for a game or two, so be it. 

Who in the Wide Wide World of Sports built Brandon Weeden up? 

His career literally started with him stuck under the American flag during the anthem in his opening game, and went downhill from there. 

Nice guy, but yet another pick you didn't need 20/20 hindsight vision to know was dumb. 

Rosen blows. Darnold Blows. 

Dorsey nailed it.  I can tell you this much. In all my years watching the Browns sports media is a Jeckyll and Hyde. When the Browns stink and are rebuilding, the talking heads LOVE the team....they talk about the great fans, the pain, the struggle, the blue collar toughness. They talk about how this is a franchise to watch, that unseen to the eye, the Browns are doing something special.

THEN............when the team start winning, we have to hear this bullschidt about how the team is just not good enough. When the Browns are competitive, none of these axxholes stand by the Browns. As far as I am concerned you might as well talk to your nutsack as let these "experts" shade what you really think about the Browns. Sorry, Dorsey took the Belle of the ball. That's just how it is.

3 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

His career literally started with him stuck under the American flag during the anthem in his opening game, and went downhill from there. 

Nice guy, but yet another pick you didn't need 20/20 hindsight vision to know was dumb. 

But he could bust clay targets on the fly....  And then...  

14 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

He followed up being stuck under the flag by throwing 4 interceptions.    There was no building him up.

Archived