THE BROWNS BOARD

That Guy Ogunjobi

GuNNerGatSKi

So I was watching some film of the Jobi this morning on my day off.... have you guys seen what I see?!?! This dude is playing lights out the past two weeks. He is consistently blowing up his man and when he doesnt blow him up he holds his ground and still gets in on the play. I'm very very impressed with this young man. Thoughts?

He's really starting to come into own, and it didn't take long. He fits perfectly with Garrett, and some of the best plays I've seen are when there are two people on Garrett, and Larry blows up the center in horrific fashion. Larry should've had THREE 3rd down sacks against the Saints, but a terrible illegal contact penalty wiped that out. 

Now we'll have Ogbah back, and he's extremely physical, especially against the run. This is a very good thing when going against physical runners like Lynch. We already swarm pretty well, but I'm very interested to see our defense when it's healthy. I still think Derek Carr gets his yards and makes his throws, but if we keep them from the end zone and make them kick, we'll win the game. Additionally, I think I the Raiders' kicker Nugent is hurt, and they'll have a backup. That can be an iffy situation, as we well know. 

33 minutes ago, Comeonman said:

Several people here have been clamoring about him on the board. Dude is legit. Could be one the best DTs in league. 

I identify as a said clamorer. Clamerer? Clamorite? 

We saw flashes last year. And in 3 games so far he has the stats and imo the eye test action to be talked about like a top tier DT.

2 hours ago, GuNNerGatSKi said:

So I was watching some film of the Jobi this morning on my day off.... have you guys seen what I see?!?! This dude is playing lights out the past two weeks. He is consistently blowing up his man and when he doesnt blow him up he holds his ground and still gets in on the play. I'm very very impressed with this young man. Thoughts?

All fine well and good....but I thought we also had his clone in Brantley.  What were Brantley's failing that got him aufed?

I'd just like to shout out my alma mater, UNC-Charlotte where we snagged this young man from! We got our football team back in 2013 (the year after I graduated, go figure) and Larry was the first player drafted for the university. He was born and raised about 15 minutes where I grew up in Greensboro, NC too. Not claiming to know him personally by any means, but it's really cool to see him doing so well. It bodes well for the ability of UNCC to recruit too.

If you got some time, his story to get to the Browns is awesome too:

http://www.chroniclet.com/sports/2017/06/24/The-transformer-Once-a-dangerously-overweight-teenager-browns-rookie-Larry-Ogunjobi-used-football-to-change-his-body-and-his-life.html

Most importantly, he is straight ballin' on our line right now. Great all around.

2 hours ago, hoorta said:

Shelton who? 

easy there, cause ogun would prob have "at least" 2 to 3 more sacks with a 2 gap monster next to him. Now in our D, how williams run it, a 2 gap like shelton may have been superfluous. But then i dont know why they got rid of meder yet immediarely picked up a shelton type NT cut from NO......

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

All fine well and good....but I thought we also had his clone in Brantley.  What were Brantley's failing that got him aufed?

His inconsistency drove coaches crazy from what I read. I thought he was definitely good enough to make the team though. 

it never hurts to ask a guy that plays your position to better your skills https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/why-dl-larry-ogunjobi-worked-out-with-geno-atkins-in-hopes-of-breakout-season   for the record, the pupil Larry has a slight lead on the season over a teacher..Both have 3 sacks, trailing Myles by 1 for the leauge tie in sacks. Adkins is down 5 tackles & up 1 assist and still trails Ogun 18(10T, 8A=18) to 14(5T, 9A=14) in combined tackles..Thank Sashi Brown & his team on this pick! 

12 hours ago, jcam222 said:

I’m glad we got you into IDP! You love that aspect don’t you

I do IDP is by far my favorite league! 

GO BROWNS!!!

14 hours ago, jcam222 said:

I’m glad we got you into IDP! You love that aspect don’t you

I really do...

For the life of I cannot figure out why you do not have to turn applicants away. Picking IDPs adds some complexity, but if you sit on the waiver wire (as I do) then players always emerge that don't have the history to get them drafted.

1 hour ago, BrownsnMopar said:

I do IDP is by far my favorite league! 

GO BROWNS!!!

Doesn't justify ignoring your other teams, e.g., a little thing known as the Otto Graham League.

C'mon, man! ;)

10 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

I really do...

For the life of I cannot figure out why you do not have to turn applicants away. Picking IDPs adds some complexity, but if you sit on the waiver wire (as I do) then players always emerge that don't have the history to get them drafted.

Doesn't justify ignoring your other teams, e.g., a little thing known as the Otto Graham League.

C'mon, man! ;)

Which league is Otto Graham? Im in every league! Idp,#3,#4,#5......?

Archived