THE BROWNS BOARD

Peppers

Tacosman

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, bjh2130 said:

PFF isn't the greatest. Sometimes they have some straight up out of whack ratings. For example our offensive line being rated so high for like the last 3 years when we know they weren't good

PFF's individual grades are quite good. Where they get into issues is when they sum up the 5 OL grades to come up with a ranking.

Our issue, even four and five years ago, has been that the whole has often been less than, sometimes substantially less than, the sum of the parts.

3 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

PFF's individual grades are quite good. Where they get into issues is when they sum up the 5 OL grades to come up with a ranking.

Our issue, even four and five years ago, has been that the whole has often been less than, sometimes substantially less than, the sum of the parts.

^^^^^^   A fukking men

8 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Yep

They also do a good job of looking at how well a player actually played, not just looking at flashy stats like a more casual fan would. Which is why I was making those comments early about being interested in seeing the PFF scores. 

14 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

He's had good games before

And you demanding I change my avatar makes me not want to change it haha

He had average games and bad games.  If he had another "good game"  I would like to know about it. 

And don't worry about me.   If you want to be considered a Browns fan, then you will do it for yourself.

Just now, The Gipper said:

He had average games and bad games.  If he had another "good game"  I would like to know about it. 

And don't worry about me.   If you want to be considered a Browns fan, then you will do it for yourself.

How about the other game this year Where he had the highest PFF score on the defense?

Oh, Gip Gip Gip. You've been so wrong on so many things over the years that I don't think I could value your opinion on something like this any less. 

37 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

How about the other game this year Where he had the highest PFF score on the defense?

Oh, Gip Gip Gip. You've been so wrong on so many things over the years that I don't think I could value your opinion on something like this any less. 

OK, maybe he had one other good game in his career.    That then makes me right only   .999999 of the time.

The fact that a queef like you does not value my opinion  now assures me that I am doing things right and am engaging in right thinking.

3 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

OK, maybe he had one other good game in his career.    That then makes me right only   .999999% of the time.

The fact that a queef like you does not value my opinion  now assures me that I am doing things right and am engaging in right thinking.

It makes you right slightly less than 1% of the time?

Could have sworn you were better than that. 

42 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

I think you are underestimating Gipper...

2 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

so what do you fukkers think about this? A wolverine was in camp ward. Woody should never drink on his own dime anywhere in NE ohio just for that. 

I don't think anything about it cuz I do not consider colleges when talking about the Browns and players that can help them.

Matter of fact I usually I won't even comment on players that I haven't watched at least six to seven games of that year and guess what the majority of those games that I watch are in Big Ten country.

2 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

Yep

They also do a good job of looking at how well a player actually played, not just looking at flashy stats like a more casual fan would. Which is why I was making those comments early about being interested in seeing the PFF scores. 

No they really do not because they do not know what the defense called for the players to do or the offense called for the players to do. They know more so on the offensive side but defensively they can't know where the scheme called for the players to be.

Do they get the all-22 game film?

1 hour ago, MLD Woody said:

Coupled with the fact that he had those two High games and his average is still only 61 it means he had some really bad games according to PFF which again already said I don't agree with I trust my eyes.

8 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Uhh... yeah.   It's public access there, homie.  

Again homie they still have no clue what the defensive scheme calls for them to do in certain situations. Just because is Public Access homie doesn't mean that they use it. I was asking if they did like maybe if they have it written somewhere that they use the all 22 like in their info or faqs

Edit. Found it homie. So it seems like these initial rankings don't really take into account the all 22. It seems like the first run to put out the grades on Monday is just watching the broadcast View. So my next question is does anyone pay for the actual service?

Each week, grades are subject to change while we run through our extensive review process including All-22 tape runs and coaching audit, so you may notice discrepancies among grades published in earlier articles compared with those in the Player Grades tool until grade lock each week.

1 minute ago, MLD Woody said:

I think something like 30 of the 32 teams pay PFF and work with them closely for advanced analytics.

A lot goes into their final numbers

And too much information can sometimes be a bad thing as in them having Dwayne Haskins as the 5th best quarterback in the Big Ten

1 minute ago, bjh2130 said:

And too much information can sometimes be a bad thing as in them having Dwayne Haskins as the 5th best quarterback in the Big Ten

And that's bad because...  Your eye test? 

You've watched every snap of every other QB in the Big Ten? 

How can "too much information" be bad when it comes to statistically and analytics?

Archived