THE BROWNS BOARD

***Official Browns Vs. Ravens Game Day Thread***

BrownsDawgPound

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, British Browns Fan Everton said:

For some reason I couldn't watch it in the UK. Only game I could t had to stick to odd clip when owt happened.

How did we play? Stressful again

Game winning kick with :02 in OT that knuckleballed over the crossbar...... so yea, just a bit stressful.  

29 minutes ago, LondonBrown said:

I daresay our kicking issues aren't over then, I've no idea how that went in!

Leg power!!!!!

Just now, OldBrownsFan said:

I don't know if a Raven player got his hand on the ball of that field goal but in looking at the replay one of the Ravens did come busting through the line and looked like he could have. We were fortunate it wasn't outright blocked.

Our special teams just aren't special. Unless you mean special (near) useless.

Just now, LondonBrown said:

Anyone notice Hue waving the players off field to get the defense on as there were two seconds left......he hadn't realised it was OT and therefore, over

Guess he's just not used to being in a winning position and clock management has never been his strength, or full knowledge of rule changes.

Just now, OldBrownsFan said:

I don't know if a Raven player got his hand on the ball of that field goal but in looking at the replay one of the Ravens did come busting through the line and looked like he could have. We were fortunate it wasn't outright blocked.

One of the commentators said it looked like they were offside but good luck getting that crew to the flag Baltimore for much of anything today.  And that was a HOME game...

1 minute ago, Marc1971 said:

Our special teams just aren't special. Unless you mean special (near) useless.

They did block a FG today in a game that ended tie in regulation fwiw. 

Denzel Ward came up pretty BIG for this team today.  The turnover he got us deep in our territory was pretty big too. 

4 minutes ago, LondonBrown said:

Anyone notice Hue waving the players off field to get the defense on as there were two seconds left......he hadn't realised it was OT and therefore, over

I did... but since I was thinking "there are 2 seconds left", I was not going to say anything... 😎

Just now, LondonBrown said:

Greg Joseph said they got a hand on the ball, he heard it clearly

So it was an "own goal"? ;)

10 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

Wait....what? What have you done with our Ghoolie? Lol

Anyway, if you're right it would totally make my weekend. My FSU Seminoles got completely butt-effed by the refs, which is similar to how my Browns lost last week. You can't make this stuff up. Noles executed perfect WR pass for a TD, but refs called double pass. Replay clearly shows the first pass was a lateral, but the refs told the coach, "It wasn't even close and we're not reviewing it." Noles then missed a FG, Canes scored on next drive, game over. I just sat there in complete disbelief. 

So yeah. If our Brownies could just pull out a win today, it'd go a long way to dispel some of my football blues I have going on. I will say that I don't share your confidence. Ravens have the massive advantage in special teams, a solid advantage in defense, and they also have a crap-ton of history on their side. 

But screw all that. I want this win worse than I've wanted one in a while. I want it for the fans, for the players, for our ownership, coaches, and everyone else associated with our team that had their heart ripped out last week in a loss that might've hurt worse than any other I can think of, and that's saying A LOT. I won't lie, I predicted a loss for our team, but I also can't shake the feeling that we're somehow due for a statement game. A "coming out party" of sorts. We've had our defense play great. We've had our offense play great. If we put together a complete game, it could be a magical day for us. However, all that being said, here's my official prediction:

Ravens - 31

Browns - 16

Ravens defense does what it normally does against rookies. Baker turns it over 3 times, but manages to move the ball somewhat effectively until stalling in the red zone. Flacco hits multiple deep balls, and Ravens special teams makes a giant play. Garrett does have 2 sacks, and continues his impressive season. 

what was that score again ? oh wait you were fuking wrong again

Just now, Dutch Oven said:

Thank dog the kick was good and the Browns won.

I couldn't even imagine what it would have been like here this week if the Browns tied again because the last second FG in OT was blocked. 

honestly we may have to bring in some more kickers for a try out

1 minute ago, Dutch Oven said:

It almost feels like we are playing with house money regarding Joseph, doesn't it? 

fuker scared the hell out of me and ya you are right this place would have been a complete disaster if we had lost or tied today

but hey WE FUKING WON GODAMN THAT FEELS GOOD

Grats everyone on the team getting to 2-2-1. Couldn't watch today except the last 5 minutes of Q4 and overtime and not near a computer. Holding the Ravens to 9 points sounds like a good thing in addition to the win. And wow on the overtime punt to pin Baltimore way back.

3 minutes ago, tinythinker said:

Grats everyone on the team getting to 2-2-1. Couldn't watch today except the last 5 minutes of Q4 and overtime and not near a computer. Holding the Ravens to 9 points sounds like a good thing in addition to the win. And wow on the overtime punt to pin Baltimore way back.

Colquitt did his job well today

1 hour ago, LondonBrown said:

Hue, ya won- even I was befuddled for just a second.....  :D 

1 hour ago, syd said:

Colquitt did his job well today

9 punts..50.2 yard average..3 inside the 20..a 64 yard long...he's been key in 2.5 wins..Pro Bowl Punter that needs some help to get in..

Penalties--let's get the downer out the way🏷️..11 flags, 1 declined..6 Holding**--Njoku,BBC <ST>Hughlett,Harrison,Hubbard twice* 1 was declined..Ill. hands-Ogunjobi..Ill. block-Callaway..False Start-Zeitler..Offsides twice*--Garrett.. most flags out of 5 games since week 1 with 10...We rank 9th highest in NFL 

Archived