THE BROWNS BOARD

Derek "Horseballs" Anderson

Zombo

On 10/18/2018 at 2:32 AM, Zombo said:

$33 Million ought to earn you a pretty decent life in Podunk, Oregon with wifey and the kid...

Derek-Anderson-wife-Mallory-Anderson-pic

image.png

Wow.

Who puts bricks without a base to get them separated from the ground?

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

Is that a subtle way of saying that DAs wife is built like a brick shitehouse. Or are you really looking at the architecture?

I never make jokes about moistures in buildings... 

On 10/17/2018 at 3:02 PM, Dutch Oven said:

It's almost impressive how much money Derek Anderson has made since he lost his starting gig for good with the Browns... 

That 2007 was a lot of fun, though. 

It was indeed.  The DA season in 2007 was like a blend of a Cinderella story with an early Mid-night and Ricky Ankiel on the mound.  I don't know how many people remember Ankiel being a very promising young Pitcher that inexplicable lost control lost of his accuracy/art.  He later moved to the outfield and was a decent player.  DA, for the most part, has always been a backup except for that 2007 season where all the stars aligned.  That was the 1 and only year Braylon Scissorhands Edwards looked like a 3rd overall pick with 16 TD receptions (Pro Bowl), KWII also had a Pro Bowl year while Jamal Lewis gave us 9 or 10 TDs and 1300 yards rushing. Joe Thomas showed up with his first of 10 consecutive Pro Bowls while Joe Jurevicius was productive on 3rd downs.  Eric Steinbach was awesome at LG; while Hank Fraley's ability to make all the line calls and pull around end from his Center position provided a very pleasant solution to Bentley's career ending injury.  None of that looked possible in the opener when poor Charlie Frye couldn't get out of his own way. 

That guy Zombo brought up (Lumberg) was a hilarious fraternity boy from Oregeno State that was the biggest DA fan on the planet.  I'm usually Irish blooded with swing first - ask questions later mentality that I'm not always proud of.  When Lumberg ripped on me - all I could do was LMAO!   Anytime I wanted to get him started though - I'd just call DA "DUMB ASSS" and he took it from there... One time he Air Supply'd my asss with a YouTube video of 1 of their songs when I posted we needed to see Brady Quinn. As I said, he out-trolled Ghoolie so much that Ghoolie left the board that season after fully celebrating Charlie Frye's disastrous opener. Rumor has it, he taped and studied every single Jerry Springer episode ever made in hopes of getting on the Lumberg level.  The difference was Lumberg was smart enough to realize if he's putting our QB is "THE SHITT" in writing - people could archive it with cut and paste right back to him the second he wanted to pretend he never posted such a thing just 1 week ago.  Ghoolie isn't that smart so he gives us the Potty Mouth Shakespeare of an Eminem and recycles his "Coffee Fetcher" accusation he first assigned to Bill Belichick under Parcells back when NE hired him.  He reminded us how he only made the playoffs once in 5 years and Bill Cowher easily went 3-0 against him in our only playoff season under BB. Today? Guess who pretends he was BB's biggest fan?  He turned on him just as easily as he turned on Baker Mayfield for 1 off day as a rookie QB...   😂

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, 5150k9 said:

Thats our Derek we have seen and loved, a pick 6 to put the game out of bounds.....LOL

You meant reach, but I get your point. Stopped watching after that one...  

4 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Maybe they were just cheering for the guy that was coming in to replace him? Who was that? Quinn?

Not that I recall. It was a big deal at the time. Anderson was mad about it years later and bashed those fans, then he eventually publically forgave Browns fans.

Who would cheer for Brady Quinn to come in?

Zombo

5 minutes ago, Zombo said:

Not that I recall. It was a big deal at the time. Anderson was mad about it years later and bashed those fans, then he eventually publically forgave Browns fans.

Who would cheer for Brady Quinn to come in?

Zombo

But....have we yet to forgive him for how badly he played after 2007?

Of all the QBs we have had here that turned out to be turds,  he is perhaps the biggest disappointment.....because we saw what we believed would be the future here with him as a very good QB....which he was for 90% of a season.  But then he turned into a shitstorm and let us all down.

2 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

But....have we yet to forgive him for how badly he played after 2007?

Of all the QBs we have had here that turned out to be turds,  he is perhaps the biggest disappointment.....because we saw what we believed would be the future here with him as a very good QB....which he was for 90% of a season.  But then he turned into a shitstorm and let us all down.

I guess I look at it differently.

Guys like him and Hoyer,  that nothing was expected of, that came in and won us a few games and then got figured out/returned to what they were ... I thank them for their service as Browns fans and giving me a little bit of joy (Anderson in 2007 and Hoyer for three games in 2013 and the first half of 2014).

They weren't great, there were no expectations when they came into the league, but they had a few Sundays where we stood and cheered and then they stayed in the league and made a nice career for themselves as backups, good for them.

It's the first round bombs like Quinn and Manziel that set this organization back.

Hoyer and Anderson, picked up off the street: 26 wins, 24 losses

Quinn and Manziel, first round baby dolls: 5 wins, 15 losses

Zombo

28 minutes ago, Zombo said:

I guess I look at it differently.

Guys like him and Hoyer,  that nothing was expected of, that came in and won us a few games and then got figured out/returned to what they were ... I thank them for their service as Browns fans and giving me a little bit of joy (Anderson in 2007 and Hoyer for three games in 2013 and the first half of 2014).

They weren't great, there were no expectations when they came into the league, but they had a few Sundays where we stood and cheered and then they stayed in the league and made a nice career for themselves as backups, good for them.

It's the first round bombs like Quinn and Manziel that set this organization back.

Hoyer and Anderson, picked up off the street: 26 wins, 24 losses

Quinn and Manziel, first round baby dolls: 5 wins, 15 losses

Zombo

Not disagreeing with most of what you said, (about the high draft picks) except to say that after the very good season  DA had here, I think there WERE expectations set upon him to continue that kind of play/production.   We saw what he was capable of....and as far as I am concerned it was somewhat of a punch in the gut that he could  just not continue to play on that level.

Archived