THE BROWNS BOARD

***Official Browns @ Buccaneers Game Day Thread***

BrownsDawgPound

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, DieHardBrownsFan said:

That's not what they said on television.  Only receivers can't be hit with the helmet.

If I'm not mistaken NOBODY can lead with the helmet.

Just now, stillmotion said:

I doubt that, is he really throwing blame to someone else?

Well he just said I am going to be more involved in the offense and as the HC I have that right ...... looks like he may be taking back the play calling ...... frying pan into the fire

2 minutes ago, darren15 said:

Well he just said I am going to be more involved in the offense and as the HC I have that right ...... looks like he may be taking back the play calling ...... frying pan into the fire

I'm pretty sure Dorsey has the say on that, not Hue.

We should seize turnovers, that goal line sneak I hope Baker gets better at it (you gotta jump!), and that INT by Collins should have been a game ender. 

My WTF moments are the hit to Baker's helmet, the IMMENSE false start by the RT in a play where thankfully Garrett got a sack, and not pounding the ball in short yardage situations. 

We have talent, even Peppers played well (if you forget the fumble) and many different players are making plays (Kirksey today). I think coaching and unexperience are the keys to this team. They play hard in every single game and I hope they get better. 

So I couldn't see or even hear the game.  But just before the half I was begging that we would take a FG.  Why did we not want to take 3 points when were starting the 2nd half with the ball?

11 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

He was considered a running back.

i thought the rule was if a defender lowers his helmet and hit's a player qb or not it's a penalty 

2 minutes ago, Orion said:

So I couldn't see or even hear the game.  But just before the half I was begging that we would take a FG.  Why did we not want to take 3 points when were starting the 2nd half with the ball?

We weren't starting second half with the ball.

14 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

I disagree.  I think he had a good game.  Peppers cost us t he game, without a doubt.

He played well. But still made critical mistakes he can't make. He'll say the same thing in his presser. 

3 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

I'm just quoting what they said on TV.  Hell, I wish it had been a penalty.

I was just shocked that it wasn't and Shmuck ronde barber he sucks as a announcer 

7 minutes ago, Orion said:

Because Hue is a football idiot.

1 minute ago, jiggins7919 said:

He played well. But still made critical mistakes he can't make. He'll say the same thing in his presser. 

dudes a rookie mistakes will happen and he is night and day better than the other 32 we have put out there

12 minutes ago, Nero said:

If I'm not mistaken NOBODY can lead with the helmet.

Correct. Baker is a runner there so head to head can happen IF he isnt in his slide AND the player doesn't lead with the crown. Both of those things happened, they threw the flag and then picked it up. 

Between that and ANOTHER insane false start miss, IDGAF saying the refs have it in for this team. How can you not feel that way? If you didn't see it, Garrett called out this garbage Friday and yet nothing changes. Its absolute garbage 

9 minutes ago, Orion said:

we should have taken the 3 but they got the ball to start the 2nd

14 minutes ago, Nero said:

We weren't starting second half with the ball.

Oh, ok, thanks.   But I'd still have liked those 3 points there before the half.  Woulda' brought us within two scores reach.

If I gave even 1/10th of a schit, I'd go back and see just how many times Haley had Baker in the shotgun on 1st down, and more importantly, the average gain per play vs his kool Run and Shoot shotgun offense, and the handful of times he put the kid under center.....

..... In reality, I already know the answer to this. Phuck Haley. 

15 minutes ago, Orion said:

Oh, ok, thanks.   But I'd still have liked those 3 points there before the half.  Woulda' brought us within two scores reach.

Well if Baker and the team would practice the QB sneak (I know Haley doesn’t believe in it) they would have had 6. 

That was the worst sneak try I’ve ever seen. Snap the ball, stand up, take three steps to the right, get stuffed. 

1 hour ago, Tacosman said:

he actually had a nice punt return earlier in game....but that fumble basically swung the game at the very end.  He provided more negative value with that one fumble than the likely positive value he will provide for us in his whole career going forward.  

Bahahahaha

I really wanted to just silently read and chuckle... but this comment got me.

Funny Sheet man, good job. 

Don't worry, I'm not gonna engage you at all on this. I know it's pointless.

1 minute ago, hx214 said:

Well if Baker and the team would practice the QB sneak (I know Haley doesn’t believe in it) they would have had 6. 

That was the worst sneak try I’ve ever seen. Snap the ball, stand up, take three steps to the right, get stuffed. 

fuk the sneak CHUBB should have had the ball in his hands which btw has been said a zillion times allready today

13 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

So this c o c k sucker, after after all the chances the Browns gave him decided that he didn't want to play for a losing team, and quit on us to be traded.

yupper.....he  may end up  in the hof in the end....he's got that potential and he is with the best organization in the nfl...i think he finally realizes that.....if not he is quite stupid.....

2 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Bahahahaha

look man i am not going to get all over peppers he had a good game over all 

well except when he held the ball a mile away from his body that even a stiff breeze could have dislodged and lost us the game

3 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Bahahahaha

huh?  I wasn't even that critical of your guy.....he made a big mistake by not protecting the ball; it happens.  

Peppers is not someone like ward, who is going to be a key part of the team going forward  at a premium position when we are (hopefully) good.   We are really thin in the secondary now; once we get some more help there(hopefully next year)  we can have more premium players out there for a higher percentage of the snaps.  Not completely sure what % of snaps Peppers was even on field for today.  

that was a very costly fumble today.   Without trying to assign specific value(like VORP in baseball) to it, it swung our in game winning percentage by over 55% like I said.  It's not the end of the world because we arent very likely to be competing for our playoff spot this year anyways, but that sort of negative value from that one play from a non-foundational player is rather hard to make up easily.  

Archived