THE BROWNS BOARD

***Official Browns @ Buccaneers Game Day Thread***

BrownsDawgPound

Hi, Browns fans!   Our 2-3 Cleveland Browns have a chance to win, and even their record a three games apiece, as they are down in  The Sunshine State to play the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.  Browns are making their first regular season visit to Tampa Bay in their interdivisional rivalry in eight seasons, but have not won a regular season game in Tampa since 1989.

Cleveland  last defeated Tampa Bay by the score of 42-31 at Tampa Stadium back on November 5, 1989.

Browns also lead the all-time regular season series over the Buccaneers with 6 wins over 3 losses in today's 10th meeting and also outscored the Buccaneers 188 points to 144 points in the previous nine games.

NO injuries, hop Baker Mayfield can lead the Browns to their first road win as their QB, and GO BROWNS! BELIEVELAND!!!!!

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I remember the last time we played there, and we had the game in control until Jake Delhomme fumbled with seconds before halftime and the Bucs quickly scored and we lost momentum going into the half. I kind of remember it being the coach's fault for not running out the clock, but I also remember Delhomme being an absolute idiot before halftime on that fumble, and then I think he got his ankle hurt to boot. Game, set, match. Lol! 

Let's hope this week is different. I'm tentatively excited about this game, but also nervous after what our defense did last Sunday. I see this being another game where our offense has to carry much more weight in order for us to win. We'll need 30 to win, IMO. Cmon Baker, bounce back and maybe your boys will catch it for you. 

Come on dawgpound! The refs cheated us for that half point tie & now you tak'th away too..were 2-3-1..And The BEAT goes on! Today I have no idea what the GM,Coaches,Players or Haslam is thinking..Today we go into Tampa trying to stop a 23 game road losing streak started after a win 10-11-15 in Baltimore..The Lions hold the record at 26 games ending the losing streak in TAMPA in 2010..Our road schedule has Pitt next week,at Cinn.(tie 26),at Houston*,at Denver,at Ravens..I just play fan hoping to end this road winless Streak Today! The Lions ended the losing streak winning 23-20 in OT..yep that sounds like us..Go Browns!! 

So the Chargers just edged the Titans 20-19. A Titans team that I would put on par with the Browns. 

The Titans scored a TD with less than :30 seconds, and instead of kicking the extra point to send it to overtime, the Titans head coach Mike Vrabel went for 2 to try and win the game in regulation. The conversion was no good, but I think it's the right move. When an inferior team is in that position, go for the win NOW. In theory, the longer the game goes, the more apt the better team will win. 

The odd inactives are out again..says 7 but count 6..OUT-Stanton,WR-D.Scott?,EJ Gaines,J.Schobert,R.Higgins,DT-C.Davis...I'd think the missing one is either Watford or Corbett?

33 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

I always forgot about them or don't notice them until it's almost over. 

I just saw the one highlight my week's survival pick LAC won on a missed 2 point conversion........note to self NEVER, EVER pick anything on a game not from the USA. 

GO USA.

Oooohhhhhh, this is starting to smell bad.  The BROWNS are going to need some big plays......before too long.

Archived