THE BROWNS BOARD

The best is yet to come!

PoeticG

Just to clue you in to what I've been up to...

My 15 month old son Otto had to undergo "minor" neuro surgery to relieve pressure on his optic nerves. They found the pressure was caused by an arachnoid cyst in his brain that had blocked the flow of spinal fluid... It was a tough week that really put a lot of things in perspective. He's recovering and he's doing much better, he's back to being a happy, funny boy. We still have a long road ahead of us, for a few days we thought we might lose him but he's still here and that's what matters.

I remember playing the Chargers while we were in the hospital, catching a play here and there on the tiny screen in the corner. We were losing big and I was thinking about how little the game meant to me at that moment. All the tears and not sleeping much the prior three days showed me that at the end of the day these millionaires playing a kids game paled in comparison to the battle we were fighting at that moment.

I don't want this to come off as, I don't care about the Browns anymore or anything like that, just that- it's not the end of the world... The Browns are the youngest team in the league, we have some really talented players on both sides of the ball and we finally have a QB to build our team around. We are further along, right now, than we've ever been since I've been a fan. The gloom and doom squad need to pipe down and let's just enjoy the process. The Browns have been EXCITING to watch and they are playing their hearts out, taking teams deep into overtime. Cleveland isn't a pushover team and without the refs intervention they could have one of the best records in the NFL right now! 

Cleveland is heading over to Pittsburgh this weekend- and with Otto seemingly emerging out of the woods, we'll be there in spirit with them- rooting them on! This division is wide open and the Browns are going to attempt to remain the only undefeated team in the division. They can win this game and they can win the division. I certainly believe after everything that has happened- that miracles DO happen... you just gotta believe. The best is yet to come!

I love all my brother that rep the Brown and Orange- and even if we disagree at times(or all the time), you're still my Dawgs. 

God bless your boy and your family... Stories like this can cause an ole lug like me to shed a tear.. Especially when little ones are involved.. Life is precious.. From the second were born.. To the day we leave Gods green earth.. Keep the positive outlook and faith young man...🙏

I'm glad that Otto is OK! Maybe he is the first generation that reaches the Promised Land and doesnt have to watch the Browns marching for decades through the desert :D

Take care both you and your family, Poetic G. 

PS: Otto? Any chance his last name is Graham? Any chance he plays QB in the future? :P

8 hours ago, PoeticG said:

Just to clue you in to what I've been up to...

My 15 month old son Otto had to undergo "minor" neuro surgery to relieve pressure on his optic nerves. They found the pressure was caused by an arachnoid cyst in his brain that had blocked the flow of spinal fluid... It was a tough week that really put a lot of things in perspective. He's recovering and he's doing much better, he's back to being a happy, funny boy. We still have a long road ahead of us, for a few days we thought we might lose him but he's still here and that's what matters.

I remember playing the Chargers while we were in the hospital, catching a play here and there on the tiny screen in the corner. We were losing big and I was thinking about how little the game meant to me at that moment. All the tears and not sleeping much the prior three days showed me that at the end of the day these millionaires playing a kids game paled in comparison to the battle we were fighting at that moment.

I don't want this to come off as, I don't care about the Browns anymore or anything like that, just that- it's not the end of the world... The Browns are the youngest team in the league, we have some really talented players on both sides of the ball and we finally have a QB to build our team around. We are further along, right now, than we've ever been since I've been a fan. The gloom and doom squad need to pipe down and let's just enjoy the process. The Browns have been EXCITING to watch and they are playing their hearts out, taking teams deep into overtime. Cleveland isn't a pushover team and without the refs intervention they could have one of the best records in the NFL right now! 

Cleveland is heading over to Pittsburgh this weekend- and with Otto seemingly emerging out of the woods, we'll be there in spirit with them- rooting them on! This division is wide open and the Browns are going to attempt to remain the only undefeated team in the division. They can win this game and they can win the division. I certainly believe after everything that has happened- that miracles DO happen... you just gotta believe. The best is yet to come!

I love all my brother that rep the Brown and Orange- and even if we disagree at times(or all the time), you're still my Dawgs. 

I echo Mah nikkaz, God Bless.your boy. I will.say a prayer or two for him. I am.glad.you got good news.

Go Browns.

Prayers for Otto! My father in law and my youngest sons middle name is Otto. He must be destined for great things with a name like Otto! 

Godspeed,and go Browns!!!

Prayers for you Otto and the rest of the family PoG.

Really not to "piggyback" on a great thread of how resilient and strong the little ones are. I had a similar situation with my nephew February of this year. Two days before his first birthday they found a tumor on his brain and diagnosed him with brain cancer. Logan had to have his 1st birthday party in PICU. Luckily Children's hospital in Columbus is fantastic and they let more than 2 of us back at a time for that one day. After a 14 hour surgery (longest 14 hours of my life praying watching my sister pray and worry) and 60 days of proton radiation treatment, that split my sister's family up because her husband stayed in Columbus with their oldest and my sister and mother stayed in Cincinnati with Logan, we just had his 3 month scan and he is tumor free. It was a difficult and trying time but we had each other to get through it but every time I walked back in picu to see him my heart broke. There were so many kids in there that never had any family visiting a couple of rooms didn't even have names on the nameplates because children we're brought in for trauma cases with no id and no one had come to claim them it just put things in perspective. We were all there as a family trying to get more than 2 people back in the room (ended up with 8 )and there were kids who had nobody.

Little cool story here. My sister who is a teacher works at a school were other teachers can donate their sick time and they donated enough to my sister to take the rest of the year off to be with Logan. We were truly blessed.

Edit: the radiation treatment split my sister's family up temporarily as they lived apart for those two months except on weekends.

What a nice thread PoG, hope everything works out well for everyone. Michael, "mjp".

This thread exemplifies the TRUE spirit & CLASS of this Board & football. We are one big TEAM & FAMILY. Even though we sometimes disagree (vehemently at times)about football matters, a child's life & health is far more important than football. Now let's support our Browns so Otto & Logan can cheer for Cleveland's Super Bowl WIN!! FANS that fought as hard as they have are deserving of nothing less!!

Mike

8 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Life perspective... what a concept.

My best to you and yours, Po...

But really... you named your kid "Otto"??? ;)

Why not Bernie? I suppose that's better than my niece naming her daughter Austyn. Shades of SNL "Pat".   :)   

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

Why not Bernie? I suppose that's better than my niece naming her daughter Austyn. Shades of SNL "Pat".   :)   

AH......no!

2 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

You can’t seriously be surprised 😎 

Would have been at the top of the name list if I had a boy. My first daughter was close..... wife trumped me. 

9 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

He wanted Saquon but the wife put her foot down ....all the best Otto

Archived