THE BROWNS BOARD

***Official Browns @ Steelers Game Day Thread***

BrownsDawgPound

No doubt the lockerroom has been lost.  Hue has to go. No improvement...team is regressing.  Keep haley and williams...dump hue.

Rumors of bad lockeroom will be surfacing if they havent already.

Time to turn the page.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, beare said:

i think haleys gonna be one fired prob tonight or tomorrow

Great. So we can have Huey call the plays? He’s 1-31 doing that here

2 hours ago, jrb12711 said:

Not trying to be a jerk but theres literally dozens of options that involve scheme. Slide protections, TE overloads, max protect schemes,  wide angles, bunch WR inside and that's just off the top of my head. Its hubris not to move to something else when it obviously isnt working.

Blocking TE may be useless but letting dudes run unblocked at your QB is way, way worse.

And do you really think that NFL coaches, a GM and an owner are ok with getting there prizes #1 draft pick injures to further Harrison’s career?

If you think pride is keeping coaches from putting together winning schemes then we should just shut it down from here.  Hubris effects the Mike Mccarthy’s Of the world who have one not the guy just trying to keep his job.

The fact of the matter is the team is still talentless at a lot of key positions and once again the guy who needs to bring talent hasn’t done that.

Hyde can block, Gordon can catch and no one wanted Harrison but here we are 

2 hours ago, LondonBrown said:

Tell us again O line fat asses don’t matter Ghoolie !! 

My post game commentary....  

He (Trollie) won't get the chance. I already told Flugs in a PM should he come back gloating, he's done- for an extended period. 

2 hours ago, hx214 said:

I love watch the Steelers RB make all the catches out of the backfield while we have Duke sitting in the corner for some reason. 

It’s also awesome calling shotgun passes on 1st and goal from the 1. 

Duke was dinged enough, we didn't decide to play him. 

2 hours ago, Browns149 said:

Garrett only has 1 move. All he does is speed rush around the edge

Not really- spent a lot of time watching him- and his bull rush wasn't working...  

1 hour ago, BrownsFan4Evr said:

I just watched the Browns give up. FIRE HUE!!

Don't know about fire Hue- but it's the first time I would say the team quit. 

Another crap call by a blind line judge giving the Steelers at least two yards down in the Red Zone. It's where the ball is- goober, not where his knee touches. That one REALLY pissed me off.  

2 minutes ago, LondonBrown said:

Like Garrett but he’s a one trick pony.  He is very good at pinning his ears back and rushing the QB, and that is very necessary in the NFL, but he’s not overly effective in other phases of defense.  There are a few guys on our defense that are similar and we have a depleted secondary, not sure the same plan would have meant a closer game since the run defense wasn’t very good and no one could cover Brown.

20 minutes ago, BaconHound said:

... not sure the same plan would have meant a closer game since the run defense wasn’t very good and no one could cover Brown.

Yet the "new plan" did work... for a quarter. PTG's first three possessions were 3 and punt, 3 and INT, 3 and punt for a grand total of 16 yards.

As for us:

• Nice opening drive stalls and gets 3.
  • Drive after PTG's first punt never gets rolling and we punt.
  • Drive following INT stalls and gets 3.
  • Drive after their 2nd punt stalls and we miss FG...and the sense of doom is strong...

To open their 4th drive Ben hits a wide open Brown for a first... and somehow the game just felt over.

8 minutes ago, domcucch1994 said:

Garrett has 8 sacks!

He's not the issue.. 

The game plan and adjustments are lacking on both sides of the ball..

And our kicker is trash..

He still still has 0 impact on the game regardless.. He sucks!

Comments of the game:

1. When the announcers said in their pre-meetings with Hue he said that he met with Todd to clear the air and Todd heard what he had to say.
  2. The above was followed by Hue remarking that he's had more to to work with the Defense. :o

As for Myles' comments...

I'll need someone with an All-22 to confirm, but it seemed like we opened in press man and later went to more zone... which PTG's WRs kinda thrive on. Strikes me that this may have been what he was talking about as much as the approach of our front four.

As for Myles' play...

Something I had not noticed before was that he repeatedly went low on pulling OGs coming his way. Nothing wrong with that so long as a LB is there to fill, but too often there wasn't.

1 hour ago, Kvoethe said:

Haley is fine...its megalomaniac Hue that needs to go.

Todd isn’t the greatest either.

Im not here to rub salt or gloat BUT Gipper do you remember before the season when Bell made it clear he was going to hold out. I said James Connor was going to be good and you said I always think next man up is going to be great.........wellllllllllll about that.

4 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Comments of the game:

1. When the announcers said in their pre-meetings with Hue he said that he met with Todd to clear the air and Todd heard what he had to say.
  2. The above was followed by Hue remarking that he's had more to to work with the Defense. :o

As for Myles' comments...

I'll need someone with an All-22 to confirm, but it seemed like we opened in press man and later went to more zone... which PTG's WRs kinda thrive on. Strikes me that this may have been what he was talking about as much as the approach of our front four.

As for Myles' play...

Something I had not noticed before was that he repeatedly went low on pulling OGs coming his way. Nothing wrong with that so long as a LB is there to fill, but too often there wasn't.

I'll be opening my game pass account this week. I have a project coming to a head. 

But I do remember a couple of the later 3rd down conversions, specifically one on the sidelines by AB, was a pretty soft cover 2 look. 

16 minutes ago, nickers said:

He still still has 0 impact on the game regardless.. He sucks!

Jesus H, I hope you're kidding. 

3 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

Im not here to rub salt or gloat BUT Gipper do you remember before the season when Bell made it clear he was going to hold out. I said James Connor was going to be good and you said I always think next man up is going to be great.........wellllllllllll about that.

Pretty good salting and gloating for not trying...

Yes, I remember. Thought you were wrong as well. What I did not know was that Conner had trimmed down (much the same as Bell did coming out of college) and got a lot quicker.

57 minutes ago, BaconHound said:

Like Garrett but he’s a one trick pony.  He is very good at pinning his ears back and rushing the QB, and that is very necessary in the NFL, but he’s not overly effective in other phases of defense.  There are a few guys on our defense that are similar and we have a depleted secondary, not sure the same plan would have meant a closer game since the run defense wasn’t very good and no one could cover Brown.

I wouldn't say no one could cover brown. If you take away the busted coverage by Derrick kindred that allowed a 43-yard touchdown he had five catches for 31 yards on 7 attempts. He still would have had a touchdown but have been a 1-yard touchdown on a screen.

Edit to say I know you can't take it away. It happened but that wasn't because we couldn't cover him it was because Kindred is an idiot

1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

The tackles seem to lock onto one guy and never even acknowledge an outside blitzer. The announcers kept talking about how the Steelers LBs were going around the edge untouched. 

Yeah, you aren't wrong at all. It was completely befuddling. We'd have a tackle just zoned in on one guy and just be oblivious to a free rusher. And I realize that can happen occasionally during a game, but to happen multiple times in an NFL game? That's not right. Mayfield never got comfortable in the pocket. I missed our first drive, and apparently that was where the bulk of our passing yards were until garbage time. I mean, I can barely think of a time when Baker dropped back and let it rip successfully. That's what he does, that's why I wanted him so badly. He grips it and rips it, ya know? I'm seeing less and less of that kind of thing, and it's got me nervous for my QB. Btw, I'm not "hating" on Baker or anything like that, just voicing concerns. I like the kid a lot....just don't want Browns to ruin him. 

4 minutes ago, bjh2130 said:

I wouldn't say no one could cover brown. If you take away the busted coverage by Derrick kindred that allowed a 43-yard touchdown he had five catches for 31 yards on 7 attempts. He still would have had a touchdown but have been a 1-yard touchdown on a screen.

Edit to say I know you can't take it away. It happened but that wasn't because we couldn't cover him it was because Kindred is an idiot

If we are going to qualify things, we couldn’t stop Connor so there was no need to throw it 50 times.  

1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

Yet the "new plan" did work... for a quarter. PTG's first three possessions were 3 and punt, 3 and INT, 3 and punt for a grand total of 16 yards.

As for us:

• Nice opening drive stalls and gets 3.
  • Drive after PTG's first punt never gets rolling and we punt.
  • Drive following INT stalls and gets 3.
  • Drive after their 2nd punt stalls and we miss FG...and the sense of doom is strong...

To open their 4th drive Ben hits a wide open Brown for a first... and somehow the game just felt over.

And the shame of it is I called the missed FG before it happened in the Tavern and also called the quick score that would follow, again before we even attempted the FG. It's like it was written in the Charlie Browns & Lucy Football script.

13 hours ago, finger Mellon said:

CLE 23  PIT 27.  I guarantee you that I'm wrong.

CLE 18  PIT 33.  OK, well, there you have it.  I thought CLE would do better on offense and defense.

When Baker Mayfield was 9 years old, Ben Roethlisberger was the starting QB of the Steelers.

Hopefully Baker has a lot of football ahead of him.  Most people, including myself questioned the pick but I was wrong about that.  The time for CLE to beat PIT at PIT has not arrived as of yet.

The game was a 2:00AM kickoff for me.  I just saw the highlight reel.  I will probably have more meaningless things to say after I watch the game.

At least now we know who to blame, Ag... ;)

1 hour ago, bjh2130 said:

Also add that Browns' TD just before the half was sniffed out by Randall. As soon as he saw Browns' motion, then he knew to shoot the gap.

Obviously Williams had his D prep'd for this play.

Also obviously our scout team QB doesn't get rid of the ball quite the same way as Ben does.

If he had it to do over, I think Randall would bat the ball rather than try to catch it...

... but catching it would have been hella cool...

2 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

At least now we know who to blame, Ag... ;)

In fact I was blamed for calling it. And after I was blamed for even suggesting it,  it all happened exactly as called. I should go into the Tarot card reading business. LOL! 🤗

1 hour ago, BaconHound said:

If we are going to qualify things, we couldn’t stop Connor so there was no need to throw it 50 times.  

You said we couldn't cover him I was just saying we covered him pretty damn well other than the one bonehead play by kindred. If he's going to get 31 yards on five catches that's pretty damn good as far as covering Antonio Brown. Ben did drop back back to pass 37. It's not as if they only threw it 15 times and ran it 50. We have our corner that can cover Antonio Brown for years to come. Whether we get the other parts of our team or not remains to be seen but he is not going to be the one that beats us from here on out. If you would have said we had no answer for James Conner then I would have 100% agreed with you. Because he was the problem today not Antonio Brown again other than Derek kindred's bonehead play.

Archived