THE BROWNS BOARD

Trade deadline today 4pm ET

LondonBrown

On 10/30/2018 at 5:52 PM, Mark O said:

The problem is too many "fans" sit around at home in their mommy and daddy's  basement playing Madden and there you can make trades all you want and nothing long term matters.   Since it's all a game you actually can trade for a Britt or a Bowe and you get the full potential and ability.  In reality, you trade for a guy like that and all he's doing is cashing checks and wasting a roster spot and the reps of a guy who needs them to get better.

so why do u constantly respond to every post of mine when u essentially are acknowledging "there aint sht we can do, seasons over anyways".....there are "things" we could have done. Nobody was claiming there was anybody out there that puts us in the playoffs, but there were things we could do TO PRESERVE BAKER U NITWIT. Thats what people have been concerned about....not letting this lost season destroy YET ANOTHER high draft qb.

grasp what people are saying or shut it. that simple

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

so why do u constantly respond to every post of mine when u essentially are acknowledging "there aint sht we can do, seasons over anyways".....there are "things" we could have done. Nobody was claiming there was anybody out there that puts us in the playoffs, but there were things we could do TO PRESERVE BAKER U NITWIT. Thats what people have been concerned about....not letting this lost season destroy YET ANOTHER high draft qb.

And I'll ask you the same question.  Who would you have traded for and what would you have given up?   All you people do is whine and bitch but you don't have any actual rational ideas. 

I never said the season was over.  Are we going to playoffs? No most likely we are not.  But did anyone really, honestly expect playoffs this season anyways??    Even with 2 wins and a tie in 8 games the season has been a drastic improvement over the last 2 seasons.  These things take time and it doesn't happen over night.

5 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

I'll echo Mark here. What would you have done Mr. GM wanna be? Pull a stud LT out of your azz? Go ahead, we're listening.

edit:  4 hours later, still listening...  

4 hours ago, hoorta said:

I'll echo Mark here. What would you have done Mr. GM wanna be? Pull a stud LT out of your azz? Go ahead, we're listening.

We could have had D. Thomas for a 4th, and I think he would have really helped Baker.  Callaway can't catch, Higgins has been hurt, and the rest of the guys are trash. I felt like Baker was overthinking last game because he know his WR is either going to drop it or run the wrong route.

I dont see how we allow people to play poorly and keep their job. Robinson, Hubbard, Bitonio, Corbett, or Watford should be getting snaps at LT. 

26 minutes ago, Louisville Slugger said:

We could have had D. Thomas for a 4th, and I think he would have really helped Baker.  Callaway can't catch, Higgins has been hurt, and the rest of the guys are trash. I felt like Baker was overthinking last game because he know his WR is either going to drop it or run the wrong route.

I dont see how we allow people to play poorly and keep their job. Robinson, Hubbard, Bitonio, Corbett, or Watford should be getting snaps at LT. 

Sure...but he's also 30 years old with a $14,000,000 contract for 2019 and then he's a FA.     That's the thing no one is getting when saying we could've traded for this guy or that guy.   The only players being moved were potential free agents or guys with really bad contracts.   For Houston, it's a good trade.  They get a good receiver (since they need one with the Fuller injury) and they should win their division and make the playoffs.   Giving up draft picks and being on the hook for 14 million next year isn't worth it for a team that isn't making the playoffs this year.

Zombo said it in another thread.  You guys are suggesting trades for a team that is 5-2-1 not a team that is 2-5-1.  

1 hour ago, Louisville Slugger said:

Same like the guys saying just give Dez Bryant a call  

10 hours ago, Mark O said:

Sure...but he's also 30 years old with a $14,000,000 contract for 2019 and then he's a FA.     That's the thing no one is getting when saying we could've traded for this guy or that guy.   The only players being moved were potential free agents or guys with really bad contracts.   For Houston, it's a good trade.  They get a good receiver (since they need one with the Fuller injury) and they should win their division and make the playoffs.   Giving up draft picks and being on the hook for 14 million next year isn't worth it for a team that isn't making the playoffs this year.

Zombo said it in another thread.  You guys are suggesting trades for a team that is 5-2-1 not a team that is 2-5-1.  

No we would be investing a 4th into the development of your QB. What if Thomas clicked with Baker and was a top 10 WR? Then that 14 mil is a bargain and we not desperate for a WR this offseason. We have a ton of cap we have to spend it at some point

7 minutes ago, Louisville Slugger said:

No we would be investing a 4th into the development of your QB. What if Thomas clicked with Baker and was a top 10 WR? Then that 14 mil is a bargain and we not desperate for a WR this offseason. We have a ton of cap we have to spend it at some point

Not for a 30 year old receiver who is still going to be a free agent after the next season.  It's not a good investement for this team at this point

On 10/30/2018 at 1:46 PM, Mark O said:

Golden Tate to the Eagles for a 3rd round pick

Dorsey apparently was in on Golden...  https://247sports.com/nfl/cleveland-browns/Article/Golden-Tate-Eagles-trade-Browns-Patriots-pursued-him-124057229/   

3 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

Well...there ya go.  That should shut up all the people bitching that the Browns didn't do anything.  They were interested in someone and had their price and weren't going to overpay.  Nice work by Dorsey.

Archived