THE BROWNS BOARD

Trade deadline today 4pm ET

LondonBrown

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Mark O said:

Ty Montgomery was basically traded for a bag of chips for being a douchehat and bringing that kickoff out of the endzone with 2:05 left in a 2 point game.

Can't coach stupid or selfish.... I literally started laughing when he took that first step and I knew he was coming out with it! 

2 minutes ago, D Bone said:

Can't coach stupid or selfish.... I literally started laughing when he took that first step and I knew he was coming out with it! 

Sounded from the reports after the game that it was totally selfish as he was told specifically to take a knee if the ball goes into the end zone.

19 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Good christ.  As if they needed more help.  

I  know, they look absurd.  What gives me hope is that they were an absolute train wreck two years ago, they fired Jeff Fisher, and now their #1 pick QB looks like a helluva player.  We can do the same thing!  🙂

2 hours ago, CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS said:

I’m on board with adding an adequate tackle to protect Baker, but I can’t recall a team dumping a talented LT.

I’m not comfortable with Des Harrison, he’s just not there yet.

This was our number one need. We should have pulled out all stops. I had read Joe Staley was available and under contract through next season. We must protect Baker and over paying makes sense to aid his development. He could get by with our receivers if he had to but not while running for his life. 

40 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

towel has been thrown. Season is over

What did you expect? A trade for Odell Beckham? You may have thrown in the towel- then as Mark suggested, take a nap until February, and start reading those Draft magazines that should be coming out shortly.   It's not about this year. Dorsey has been shopping around and he determined the price of available trade targets was too high. 

It would have been asinine to give Detroit our third round pick (likely to be a high one) for a 30 year old Golden Tate. As to trading for a LT, and for sure Harrison isn't getting it done- rather move Bitonio out there instead. 

We could of F U C K I N G done something....oh wait no cap room....I love Dorsey but......what an Fn joke today sitting on our thumbs!!!

3 minutes ago, BrownsnMopar said:

We could of F U C K I N G done something....oh wait no cap room....I love Dorsey but......what an Fn joke today sitting on our thumbs!!!

What would you have done genius?   A third round pick for a 30 year old WR who is a free agent in 8 games?   This isn't fucking Madden on your Atari you dillholes.

The only thing you're trading for today is bad contracts of players who will be free agents in 2 months and giving up draft picks for guys that aren't good enough to get this team to the playoffs this year anyways.     Someone said Joe Staley.....he's 34 fucking years old for gods sake.  Talk about a guy at the end of his career.   Why would you give up anything for that dude?

I really don't understand the logic that some of you come on here with.

2 minutes ago, BrownsnMopar said:

Chill out- the guys who were traded today would have made zero difference in the Browns win column. You don't make trades just to make trades if they don't significantly improve your team. 

Some guys haven't figured out yet we're not going to the Super Bowl this year, but damn we have lots of cap room, so let's bring in another Kenny Britt caliber player just to say we did something.... 

9 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Chill out- the guys who were traded today would have made zero difference in the Browns win column. You don't make trades just to make trades if they don't significantly improve your team. 

Some guys haven't figured out yet we're not going to the Super Bowl this year, but damn we have lots of cap room, so let's bring in another Kenny Britt caliber player just to say we did something.... 

The problem is too many "fans" sit around at home in their mommy and daddy's  basement playing Madden and there you can make trades all you want and nothing long term matters.   Since it's all a game you actually can trade for a Britt or a Bowe and you get the full potential and ability.  In reality, you trade for a guy like that and all he's doing is cashing checks and wasting a roster spot and the reps of a guy who needs them to get better.

55 minutes ago, Mark O said:

The problem is too many "fans" sit around at home in their mommy and daddy's  basement playing Madden and there you can make trades all you want.

In reality, you trade for a guy like that and all he's doing is cashing checks and wasting a roster spot and the reps of a guy who needs them to get better.

The ones who complain just DON’T GET IT.

It’s about building through the draft. Getting GOOD Young players who are hungry. 

NOT spending a bunch of money on players who already made a bunch of money and are set for life. 

Jarvis Landry? He still has more money to be made and will always play with that Hines Ward like edge. (Passion)

2 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

Good christ.  As if they needed more help.  

They are all in they have this year and next and there done for ten years that might be why McVay is tops of the list to be the next browns coach so says the Nevada sports book. Hummm what do they know 

6 minutes ago, Babernakle said:

They are all in they have this year and next and there done for ten years that might be why McVay is tops of the list to be the next browns coach so says the Nevada sports book. Hummm what do they know 

He wasn't at the top of the list.   He was on the list and a ways down on that list.

18 minutes ago, Babernakle said:

Nothing. It's a bet to draw in suckers.  

I was expecting departures even tho we needed additions ....rumors of Collins, Tyrod and DeValve all being shipped out ...thankfully it did not happen

1 hour ago, Louisville Slugger said:

Since we didn't get Baker any help and we have a rookie play caller, I dont care about wins anymore. I want to play super conservative and develop our rookie QB. It wouldn't hurt my feeling if we just benched Baker so we dont crush his confidence

I’ve been saying that all year. No reason to play Baker in an offense that he won’t be in next year 

They don’t need a rookie QB in numerous systems 

29 minutes ago, darren15 said:

I was expecting departures even tho we needed additions ....rumors of Collins, Tyrod and DeValve all being shipped out ...thankfully it did not happen

Collins is expensive, Tyrod is insurance, and Devalve is a young guy with potential...  

21 hours ago, D Bone said:

I would love to see Collins dumped today. 

he has a great tackling technique....its called the spin move....he spins around like a clueless top with his hands out in the air....its hilarious, i wish i could send a  photo to finger butkus....he'd get a good laugh out of it...i know i do....

On 10/30/2018 at 2:57 PM, LondonBrown said:

Ha Ha Clinton Hue traded to the Skins 

Most impactful move I see... 'Skins D  is already very good and it just got better.

Archived