THE BROWNS BOARD

Trade deadline today 4pm ET

LondonBrown

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, D Bone said:

I would love to see Collins dumped today. 

I'm torn with him.  I see why people would want him gone, but I'm not sure who we have that could take his place....especially with Schobert out.  Those hamstring injuries never seem to go away, and I'd hate to see our linebackers without Joe and Jamie for any amount of time.  

No doubt our LGBTs....errr...LBs  have been a disappointment.   Collins/Kirksey  not playing up to previous levels.  Schobert hurt.   Has Avery helped...or is he looking like a 5th round rookie.  I just know that opposing runners have been scorching this run defense badly at times.   At other times, they seem to do well.  They are inconsistent, at best.

3 minutes ago, LondonBrown said:

Collins seems to be just very inconsistent. He can really play when he can be bothered but a lot of the time it looks like he can’t. 

Probably why the Pats traded him in the first place 

If Collins stays, I expect him to start making more plays. 

I hate to question effort, but it isn’t hard to question anyone’s effort after what just went down yesterday.

4 minutes ago, LondonBrown said:

Collins seems to be just very inconsistent. He can really play when he can be bothered but a lot of the time it looks like he can’t. 

I completely agree, and I'm guessing Bill does too.... especially with your final thought.  

13 minutes ago, blitzz2 said:

GoldenTate? Would he be worth a mid round pick? Guess that is the asking price in Detroit. 

That guy is magic with the ball in his hands, and excels at getting YAC.  I also believe he returns punts, but I could be mistaken.  I'd trade a mid round pick for him in a HEARTBEAT.  

14 minutes ago, jiggins7919 said:

That guy is magic with the ball in his hands, and excels at getting YAC.  I also believe he returns punts, but I could be mistaken.  I'd trade a mid round pick for him in a HEARTBEAT.  

He’s a rental for eight games. Not worth it for any team unless they are in win Super Bowl now mode 

11 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Damarius Thomas, the WR?  They should make a move, considering the standings where they have like a 2 game lead.

Denver traded Pro-Bowl WR Demaryius Thomas and a seventh-round pick to the Houston Texans for a fourth-round pick, per source. Thomas’ first game for the Texans will be....in Denver, against the Broncos.

10 minutes ago, LondonBrown said:

Golden Tate to Philadelphia. 3rd round pick.

They’re going for the championship again. 

3rd rounder a bit rich for my blood.  You were right, a team looking to add the right piece went and got him.  When I heard "mid round", I was thinking "late round" for some reason. 

2 minutes ago, jiggins7919 said:

3rd rounder a bit rich for my blood.  You were right, a team looking to add the right piece went and got him.  When I heard "mid round", I was thinking "late round" for some reason. 

So, I guess rounds 1,2 are "early rounds".  Rounds 3,4,5 are "mid rounds", and  6, 7 are late rounds?

2 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

So, I guess rounds 1,2 are "early rounds".  Rounds 3,4,5 are "mid rounds", and  6, 7 are late rounds?

3rd round is early for me. They’re valuable picks which is why I hated that Tyrod trade, even if I did understand why. Especially when it was the first pick of that round. 

2 hours ago, LondonBrown said:

Word at the time was that Collins was "freelancing" too much for Bill's taste... and we saw some of that here early in Pet's structured D.

1 hour ago, CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS said:

I hate to question effort, but it isn’t hard to question anyone’s effort after what just went down yesterday.

For the first time this season I saw our D's knees buckle Sunday.

After yet another turnover early in the 2nd half went nowhere, it was more than they could bear.

Guys, it's the same thing I say every year. The process to be a winner in the NFL as a rebuilding franchise (which we absolutely 100% are) is not to add a 30 something WR for 1/2 the season and lose draft capital. If you want to add a 30 something guy for a veteran presence in the off-season, sure. Now just isn't the time. The arrow is actually pointing upward in a lot of spots, we just have to let the young guys play a bit.

4 minutes ago, jrb12711 said:

Guys, it's the same thing I say every year. The process to be a winner in the NFL as a rebuilding franchise (which we absolutely 100% are) is not to add a 30 something WR for 1/2 the season and lose draft capital. If you want to add a 30 something guy for a veteran presence in the off-season, sure. Now just isn't the time. The arrow is actually pointing upward in a lot of spots, we just have to let the young guys play a bit.

I’m on board with adding an adequate tackle to protect Baker, but I can’t recall a team dumping a talented LT.

I’m not comfortable with Des Harrison, he’s just not there yet.

2 hours ago, The Gipper said:

No doubt our LGBTs....errr...LBs  have been a disappointment.   Collins/Kirksey  not playing up to previous levels.  Schobert hurt.   Has Avery helped...or is he looking like a 5th round rookie.  I just know that opposing runners have been scorching this run defense badly at times.   At other times, they seem to do well.  They are inconsistent, at best.

Word was Garrett questioning Gregg's scheme of having the D-line jumping around, instead of playing the base defense that worked (sort of) the first game. Steelers excellently guessed where the holes were.... 

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

Rounds 1-3 are considered "premium picks."   So 4-5 are mid, and 6-7 late.  There's extra value in the top pick in round 2, and round 4, because teams have the evening to meditate who's still there and may want to make a jump to get a player they really want.  

Archived