THE BROWNS BOARD

Hue interview with mkc

Kvoethe

It's hard to know what's true when it comes to how the previous drafts played out, but can you IMAGINE how angry you'd be if you were screaming to draft Carson Wentz and your GM traded down and took Corey Coleman?  So you don't get him the franchise QB, you instead get him a bungling assclown with glass hands.  

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, Dawgs89 said:

Hue got the shaft here. Embarassing what they did to this good man.

To be fair, Sashi gave him a JV team to work with for two seasons- BUT. As an NFL coach you should be able to win more than one game in two years. At least win a couple more by accident. Who can forget him calling a time out on the first play? Those are scripted, no excuse.

His mismanagement and selections of quarterbacks was an epic FAIL of historical proportions. Earth movin' RG III, trust me on Kessler, keep trotting Kizer out there when it was obvious he wasn't ready, and totally sucked. Not giving your QBOTF Baker any first team reps in the preseason, like no chance Taylor was going to get hurt.

Add in terrible clock management and play calling (remember that goal line run with seconds left in the half and no time outs?) That's how you go 1-31 and set yourself up to get fired.

3 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Hue is the worst gameday coach I have ever seen with the exception of one middleschool coach I once saw that my son was coaching against. Never understood the clock, never understood use of TOs and could not run a redzone offense if his job depended upon it..................................oh wait..........................it did.........................so now he is thankfully gone and gets in the record books as one of the worst ever on any level.

Embarrassing is the correct word, just misapplied.

Happens a lot people do a good job and get promoted up until they can't and then drop back, the "Peter principle".

The Peter principle is a concept in management developed by Laurence J. Peter, which observes that people in a hierarchy tend to rise to their "level of incompetence". In other words, an employee is promoted based on their success in previous jobs until they reach a level at which they are no longer competent, as skills in one job do not necessarily translate to another. The concept was elucidated in the 1969 book The Peter Principle by Peter and Raymond Hull......

I remember it well came out in 1969, required reading in college back then, it is quite often true.

Don't worry about Hue he can easily find an OC or other job like a booth or studio guy.

26 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Good man probably lousy coach definitelyGood man probably lousy coach definitely

I used to think he was a good man but a lousy coach.  But based on his interviews in the last 24 hours where he blames everyone for what went wrong in Cleveland on everyone but himself, that doesn't exactly scream "good man" to me.   Sounds exactly like someone who has an issue with accountability and wants to assign blame to everyone but himself.  

3 hours ago, Mark O said:

I used to think he was a good man but a lousy coach.  But based on his interviews in the last 24 hours where he blames everyone for what went wrong in Cleveland on everyone but himself, that doesn't exactly scream "good man" to me.   Sounds exactly like someone who has an issue with accountability and wants to assign blame to everyone but himself.  

Which is also why he had no chance of improving. You will never improve if you fail or refuse to recognize that you have room for improvement.

Mike

30 minutes ago, Canton Mike said:

Which is also why he had no chance of improving. You will never improve if you fail or refuse to recognize that you have room for improvement.

Mike

But I don't doubt he'll get another OC or QB coaching job next year...   

Maybe Starvin' Marvin will bring him back to the Bungles as his OC. Could be the source of Hue's delusion...  Mike Brown by all rights should have fired Lewis a long time ago. Hue must think you get at least six seasons to "prove" yourself...   

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

But I don't doubt he'll get another OC or QB coaching job next year...   

Maybe Starvin' Marvin will bring him back to the Bungles as his OC. Could be the source of Hue's delusion...  Mike Brown by all rights should have fired Lewis a long time ago. Hue must think you get at least six seasons to "prove" yourself...   

I call Shenanigans on this.

Cincinnati should tear Fountain Square out and install a 50 foot tall statue of Marvin Lewis for making the Bengals resemble an actual NFL football team.  

On ‎11‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 8:40 PM, flyingfooldoug said:

It needs the worlds smallest violin playing the worlds saddest song in the background 

And what song would that be exactly? Sheet keep it real, another coach down the shitter, play "Another 1 bites the dust" That sums it up perfect. More draft picks new coaches new qb more losses rinse and repeat, Money syas the new coach next year cuts Baker to gram a QB that HE picks out...……..

Based on what he is saying Hue thinks he was NOT the problem? Not sure why we fired Todd, and no I am not saying I liked Todd but to kill off BOTH? I am thinking there is more to this that we will never know for sure, Yes more to than just us sucking and looking lost and getting destroyed...…..I mean seeing how 3 weeks ago many thought we would make a playoff run and now the same people say we wont win another game. I really believe there was a huge blow up problem that happened. We shall see what happens in the coming weeks, see how hard the players play, see if they act as if the season is over...……...Only thing real to hope for is well I guess the Draft and when they develop in 3 or 4 years...……………...Watching this never ending circle jerk of a story, Maybe some of you were right, maybe Jimmy does want to move the team.?

52 minutes ago, medicineman said:

Based on what he is saying Hue thinks he was NOT the problem? Not sure why we fired Todd, and no I am not saying I liked Todd but to kill off BOTH? I am thinking there is more to this that we will never know for sure, Yes more to than just us sucking and looking lost and getting destroyed...…..I mean seeing how 3 weeks ago many thought we would make a playoff run and now the same people say we wont win another game. I really believe there was a huge blow up problem that happened. We shall see what happens in the coming weeks, see how hard the players play, see if they act as if the season is over...……...Only thing real to hope for is well I guess the Draft and when they develop in 3 or 4 years...……………...Watching this never ending circle jerk of a story, Maybe some of you were right, maybe Jimmy does want to move the team.?

Hue has delusions if he thinks he wasn't the big part of the problem or the problem. 

As to moving the team- not happening any time soon. Jimmuh can't- The best lawyers in Cleveland drew up a stadium lease with a poison pill so big- not even Haslam could swallow it.  FWIW, it's the same reason those fantasizing the Jags are moving to London won't happen. It's the same poison pill lease that the Jags can't get out of- even if they wanted to. 

3 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Hue has delusions if he thinks he wasn't the big part of the problem or the problem. 

As to moving the team- not happening any time soon. Jimmuh can't- The best lawyers in Cleveland drew up a stadium lease with a poison pill so big- not even Haslam could swallow it.  FWIW, it's the same reason those fantasizing the Jags are moving to London won't happen. It's the same poison pill lease that the Jags can't get out of- even if they wanted to. 

Thank God! I could not go thru another MOVE. I really hope Art's soul is in HELL and he suffers.

15 minutes ago, medicineman said:

Thank God! I could not go thru another MOVE. I really hope Art's soul is in HELL and he suffers.

Well, one of our fans pissed on his grave, I hope that's enough to keep you happy. I said when the move happened, the family should have had  him cremated, it was bound to happen sooner or later. 

But I digress, if you're into technicalities. What kept a semblance of the Browns in Cleveland is what's called a "specific performance" clause. You "perform" in Cleveland (or Jacksonville) for the duration of your lease, and if not there's "irreparable harm".  We will sue you for whatever number we think is "irreparable".  

5 hours ago, medicineman said:

And what song would that be exactly? Sheet keep it real, another coach down the shitter, play "Another 1 bites the dust" That sums it up perfect. More draft picks new coaches new qb more losses rinse and repeat, Money syas the new coach next year cuts Baker to gram a QB that HE picks out...……..

Yep, you got it! Except you forgot the “ worst ever” part of Hues record. You wanted the worst and you had him. The stupidest can’t coach blame everything else man ever and he owns his record. EF him!

But then there is this from a Hue interview.. Wish he would have done it while "HE WAS THE COACH" as he so famously said 10k times.

"But as he watched the season unfold, Jackson grew to believe that Mayfield should have been running an offense similar to the one he ran at Oklahoma, which was based on playing fast with quick throws -- more slants, more outs, more fast passing and fewer seven-stop drops."

I just hope to God the new OC realizes that everything is about Mayfield's development going forward.. And whatever the Shmuck play calling they've been doing these past weeks(including the wins) has to change.. Reverses with Callway coming out of the backfield, stupid Shmucking trick plays...... 

We have 2 great running backs to take the pressure off of a rookie QB and we settle for tricks... I formation runs, with BM using his incredible play action acting abilities.. Quick outs, quick slants... Over the top screens when the Defense gets over aggressive trying to get to him.. Shmuck standing in the pocket for 3 seconds waiting for these over complicated plays to develop.. Bang bang bang.. Fast. Shmuck even let him go no huddle on the first possession... 

The play calling to date has been freaking abysmal and he deserved to be fired for it.

BobPound!

When is Oprah going to interview Hue?

11 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Cincinnati should tear Fountain Square out and install a 50 foot tall statue of Marvin Lewis for making the Bengals resemble an actual NFL football team.  

Yup... folks forget the hot mess Cinci devolved into after Mike Brown fired Wyche.

17 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Yup... folks forget the hot mess Cinci devolved into after Mike Brown fired Wyche.

Yes a real hot mess despite Wyche's comment about Cleveland (which he apologized for), good coach. Or that other hot mess skyline chili?!?  :blink:

6 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Yeah they were bad, but when Lewis took over, they've been to the playoffs seven times. We could wish we were that good in the same time frame....  

5 hours ago, mjp28 said:

Yes a real hot mess despite Wyche's comment about Cleveland (which he apologized for), good coach. Or that other hot mess skyline chili?!?  :blink:

Skyline Chilli? Chili on spaghetti revolting. Or worse- Gold Star- the taste will make you puke. Amazingly still three Skyline locations in the Dayton area. Some people must like the stuff...  

5 hours ago, hoorta said:

Skyline Chilli? Chili on spaghetti revolting. Or worse- Gold Star- the taste will make you puke. Amazingly still three Skyline locations in the Dayton area. Some people must like the stuff...  

Chili shouldn't taste like it had a pumpkin pie thrown into it. So bad. So, so bad. 

But I will say this, the Reds had this spicy mustard at their park that was freakin' awesome. If you know what it is I'd love to know. This is going to sound sacrilegious coming from a Cleveland sports fan, but it is on par with Bertman's or Stadium mustard. Damn good stuff.  

12 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

In the 12 seasons before Marvin Lewis (1991-2002) the Bengals had a record of 55-137, for a win % of .286. 

In the 15 and a half seasons of Marvin Lewis, the Bengals have a record of 130-115-3, for a win % of .530. 

Hue Jackson and Mary Kay in the same room? 

I'll keep only reading your comments, guys. 

4 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Chili shouldn't taste like it had a pumpkin pie thrown into it. So bad. So, so bad. 

But I will say this, the Reds had this spicy mustard at their park that was freakin' awesome. If you know what it is I'd love to know. This is going to sound sacrilegious coming from a Cleveland sports fan, but it is on par with Bertman's or Stadium mustard. Damn good stuff.  

Just the mention of Bertman's Stadium mustard brings back so many great memories even going back to the Ol' Muni Stadium.

I've always been a foodie and enjoy cooking, exploring new recipes and cookbooks and all of that but a hot dog with Stadium mustard and a cold beer at a ballgame.....well it doesn't get much better in my book.  Ummmmm. :D

5 hours ago, mjp28 said:

Just the mention of Bertman's Stadium mustard brings back so many great memories even going back to the Ol' Muni Stadium.

I've always been a foodie and enjoy cooking, exploring new recipes and cookbooks and all of that but a hot dog with Stadium mustard and a cold beer at a ballgame.....well it doesn't get much better in my book.  Ummmmm. :D

A glass of sipping rum in my Browns coffee cup, a bowl of homemade chili and a Browns blanket for me and the cat in my living room. That's better (from this distance anyway).🤠🏈

27 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

A glass of sipping rum in my Browns coffee cup, a bowl of homemade chili and a Browns blanket for me and the cat in my living room. That's better (from this distance anyway).🤠🏈

You'd probably feel like throwing that up after Auburn rallied to beat A&M.  All I could think was poor Mr Me-Aggies turned into Mr Me-Ouchies.

1 minute ago, Flugel said:

You'd probably feel like throwing that up after Auburn rallied to beat A&M.  All I could think was poor Mr Me-Aggies turned into Mr Me-Ouchies.

Yep-It felt like being a Browns fan up by 10 under 6 min. to go with the ball on 3rd down? What could go wrong?................................oh wait...................................24-28.😲

Archived