THE BROWNS BOARD

Please Not McDaniels

beare

1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

Of course the reason he runs around is because he runs out of time...

Pretty sure you have to toss his hat, not yours...

Does appear that he did call plays yesterday. When did Andy turn over playcalling to him?

Either way I'm tossing 'A' hat.  

Not sure when the Old coach turned it over but ever since the start of that 2nd half against New England they've been on a tear.  Going to dig a little deeper on that one.   

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On the fence.     The man retired once, cited health as a concern no less.      That said he runs some unique route concepts and designs, tends to groom young QB's well in his system and can be quite aggressive with his play calling.      Ultimately I'm not sure if Baker is the QB to execute his offensive vision though.  

I know from when Arians was doing the game on the booth yesterday he was saying any HC would be lucky to coach Browns next year, given the talent on the team. I don't think Arians see this team as having far to go to get over the hump. I would certainly say he should be in the running. He is proven HC who made the freakin Cardinals relevant.

Eh....I forgot about health concerns. Only thing I can say is that health can possibly improve, and perhaps he's feeling better. But yes, his age and health have to be factors to be considered, and I'm betting we still want a more youthful candidate. I guess I've just always liked Arians. 

Last year Kubiac, this year Arians... It amazes me how retired coaches with health problems are suggested as HC candidates for the Browns, when I think it doesn't do your health any good coaching here.

Last coach that we had was suggested to take a swim after breaking the ice in lake Erie, bear in mind (and he didn't do it, how disappointing).

I called Josh McDaniels the #1 prospect. He IS the guy, Everyone else is CaCa.

Haslam almost had the deal sealed, but MacAdoo screwed it up and Josh got sick of dealing with the Browns. His treatment of the Colts has nothing to do with anything. Always with you Browns fans, there is always some reason why a guy's demeanor or personality is " just not the right fit for us".  Crennell was a coffee fetcher. McDaniels is headstrong and he IS the right guy.

The BIG issue is that if Haslam wants a winner, he needs Dorsey reporting to the HC. Otherwise, you are going to have more of the same pathology that produces the crap you see before you. My initial belief was 2 - 14 +/- 1 win. I am honestly bummed that sportswriters just today are writing that the Browns may not win another game.

This you think is progress? This is the manifestation of Dorsey bringing it? Really, Landry said it best when he eluded that nothing has changed with this team. The crap starts at the top. Haslam needs ot make his mind up once and for all................. WHO IS THE BOSS... until he picks a boss, a good boss, and puts the entire franchise in his hands, what you see before you is what you will continue to see.

49 minutes ago, Nero said:

Last year Kubiac, this year AriansAcute It amazes me how retired coaches with health problems are suggested as HC candidates for the Browns, when I think it doesn't do your health any good coaching here.

Last coach that we had was suggested to take a swim after breaking the ice in lake Erie, bear in mind (and he didn't do it, how disappointing).

Great post. Asute post. Why don't we just raise Paul Brown from his casket and let him do a weekend at Bernie's type thing? Or, Holmgren? Why not Rutigliano or Stinkenhiemer.

Ariens is a coffee fetcher. We need a guy who is not suffering from Alzheimer's, and a guy who is capable of running the entire show. 

37 minutes ago, Ghoolie said:

Great post. Asute post. Why don't we just raise Paul Brown from his casket and let him do a weekend at Bernie's type thing? Or, Holmgren? Why not Rutigliano or Stinkenhiemer.

Ariens is a coffee fetcher. We need a guy who is not suffering from Alzheimer's, and a guy who is capable of running the entire show. 

You also pointed out that hue would outlast Dorsey. 

6 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

I called Josh McDaniels the #1 prospect. He IS the guy, Everyone else is CaCa.

Haslam almost had the deal sealed, but MacAdoo screwed it up and Josh got sick of dealing with the Browns. His treatment of the Colts has nothing to do with anything. Always with you Browns fans, there is always some reason why a guy's demeanor or personality is " just not the right fit for us".  Crennell was a coffee fetcher. McDaniels is headstrong and he IS the right guy.

The BIG issue is that if Haslam wants a winner, he needs Dorsey reporting to the HC. Otherwise, you are going to have more of the same pathology that produces the crap you see before you. My initial belief was 2 - 14 +/- 1 win. I am honestly bummed that sportswriters just today are writing that the Browns may not win another game.

This you think is progress? This is the manifestation of Dorsey bringing it? Really, Landry said it best when he eluded that nothing has changed with this team. The crap starts at the top. Haslam needs ot make his mind up once and for all................. WHO IS THE BOSS... until he picks a boss, a good boss, and puts the entire franchise in his hands, what you see before you is what you will continue to see.

Yea great idea  all those belichick assistants have been tearing up the NFL  josh is nothing without Brady.

In all seriousness, I will be curious to see how his total slap in the face move with the Colts impacts his future coaching opportunities. There's fairly reputable reports that several organizations put a strict "no hire" on him based on what he chose to do. Hard not to think that dude isn't strictly looking for his interests first and would pull a Lane Kiffen at a drop of the hat. No thanks from me.

Believe it or not,  there was another guy who sounded like he would be drooling over the opportunity to coach the Browns.  He talked about the young talent they have,   the organization in place with Dorsey/Wolf/Highsmith et al....and that guy was:

Bill Cowher.

He, perhaps like Gruden, may be interested in getting back into coaching after a long stint off with the media. 

And, no, this is no joke.  The next time there is a rumor about him buying a house in Strongsville...it could be for real.

2 hours ago, jrb12711 said:

In all seriousness, I will be curious to see how his total slap in the face move with the Colts impacts his future coaching opportunities. There's fairly reputable reports that several organizations put a strict "no hire" on him based on what he chose to do. Hard not to think that dude isn't strictly looking for his interests first and would pull a Lane Kiffen at a drop of the hat. No thanks from me.

Well, maybe several teams would put him on a strict "no hire" list.....but it only takes one....and who knows if the Browns could be that one. Otherwise he can just wait until BB  hangs it up and take over there in NE.

9 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Believe it or not,  there was another guy who sounded like he would be drooling over the opportunity to coach the Browns.  He talked about the young talent they have,   the organization in place with Dorsey/Wolf/Highsmith et al....and that guy was:

Bill Cowher.

He, perhaps like Gruden, may be interested in getting back into coaching after a long stint off with the media. 

And, no, this is no joke.  The next time there is a rumor about him buying a house in Strongsville...it could be for real.

Yeah...that Gruden hire is really working out well.   Jesus Christ...talk about the king of the retreads.  Please for the love of god no to guys who have been sitting on their ass on television for the last decade.   That would be a worse hire than Hueless Clueless was. 

McDaniels first job would be to coax someone back to the NFL :) ..... he is pictured below being chased out of Cleveland after throwing for 70 yards 3 picks and 4 sacks

ackert9s-3-web.jpg

34 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Bill Cowher.

Just no- how long has Bill been out of the coaching arena?  OK, looked it up- 12 years, far too long. Especially when everyone is saying we need a coach (or at least an offensive coordinator) with a good knowledge of the KC style offense that's tearing up the league, and help in Baker's development. 

AFAIK, Sam Rutigliano is still alive, maybe we can bring him back instead. :D  

24 minutes ago, Mark O said:

Yeah...that Gruden hire is really working out well.   Jesus Christ...talk about the king of the retreads.  Please for the love of god no to guys who have been sitting on their butt on television for the last decade.   That would be a worse hire than Hueless Clueless was. 

Well....it worked out OK for the Rams after they picked Vermeil out of the TV booth...so it is just like anything else.   Similar type moves can have wholly disimilar results.

On 11/4/2018 at 10:35 AM, gumby73 said:

would Jim Schwartz DC at Eagles qualify? Was Schwartz not with Bill at Cleveland? i've read Jim maybe a fix in TB to build a defense.. Would not surprise me if Gregg takes a interview there also..

THIS is one of the problems with Browns fans. Reliance on meaningless data. Bill Belichik is in business to win football games, not supply the NFL with future head coaches. Craft doesn't pay Bill to do that, and would be idiotic to do so. Follow along here with me for a moment.

If you were Craft and several of Bill Belichik's former assistants turned out to be successful, SB winning head coaches, would that make you happy? Would you really like that? Really? YOu know, I don't mean this as a way of bragging, because honestly, I have been blessed in life and it is humbling, all schtick aside. However, since  1995 every paycheck I have earned, has been through my own company, something I started. i am thankful to have provided income for quite a few employees along the way. Perhaps this gives me a different view, but think about it for a moment......If your head coach,  if your first in command is putting out successful executives, ones who are going on to compete against you.............ah... doesn't that mean that either, or both:

• The guy is giving away too many secrets
  • The guys supporting cast is better than he is.

Either way, that blows. If I am an NFL team owner, I want my head coach surrounded by coffee fetchers, like Romeo Crennel. I want a head coach who is great at finding dullards who will do exactly as they are told, who will accept the system and execute it. I want coffee fetchers who, when put into leadership positions, like Crennel, have no fukcking clue what they are doing. I am not saying anyone can be a coffee fetcher in the NFL, but I am saying, if you are going to pick your next HC by who he worked for, thinking that his greatness has automatically rubbed off on the coffee fetcher? Then, you are going to be the Cleveland Browns, and you will be supported by clueless Cleveland browns fans.

Who a man works for gives little indication of how good a leader he can be. In my case? My success is largely centered on my hiring coffee fetchers. It is MY job to provide innovation and creativity. Same thing with most coordinators. I called Hue a coffee fetcher and got blasted for it, I called Haley a coffee fetcher and largely got a 3-day suspension for it because someone could not stomach that I was right about they guy they were sure was put in place to be the next HC.

McDaniels will not be a great HC because he worked for Belichik. He will be a great HC because he was not a coffee fetcher for Belichik. The guy is an independent thinker, and he knows his value. When the Browns started treating him like a coffee fetcher? He shoved it up their azz. Same thing with Indy, is that who he left stranded?

From my vantage point, McDaniels is the only candidate worth pursuing. The other guys are coffee fetchers. Not one of them has the will or spine to put John Dorsey in his place as a facillitator of the HC, and that's what needs to happen. If Josh McDaniels is hired, Dorsey gets demoted to the #2 man at Haslam's ear, and that's how it needs to be. All the other candidates? THey are pansies who will be Dorsey yes men. If Dorkey wants to run the show, he needs to go elsewhere.

McDaniels or bust. For once, it owuld be nice to see the Browns reach for the brass ring and get it. I am tired of listening to you guys and the Cleveland media fabricating a narrative about " while we didn't get the #1 guy on our list, there are solid reasons why we may have actually turned out better".

Enough bullschidt already. Go adter the #1 guy, and for once, get the #1 guy.

Just now, Ghoolie said:

THIS is one of the problems with Browns fans. Reliance on meaningless data. Bill Belichik is in business to win football games, not supply the NFL with future head coaches. Craft doesn't pay Bill to do that, and would be idiotic to do so. Follow along here with me for a moment.

If you were Craft and several of Bill Belichik's former assistants turned out to be successful, SB winning head coaches, would that make you happy? Would you really like that? Really? YOu know, I don't mean this as a way of bragging, because honestly, I have been blessed in life and it is humbling, all schtick aside. However, since  1995 every paycheck I have earned, has been through my own company, something I started. i am thankful to have provided income for quite a few employees along the way. Perhaps this gives me a different view, but think about it for a moment......If your head coach,  if your first in command is putting out successful executives, ones who are going on to compete against you.............ah... doesn't that mean that either, or both:

• The guy is giving away too many secrets
  • The guys supporting cast is better than he is.

Either way, that blows. If I am an NFL team owner, I want my head coach surrounded by coffee fetchers, like Romeo Crennel. I want a head coach who is great at finding dullards who will do exactly as they are told, who will accept the system and execute it. I want coffee fetchers who, when put into leadership positions, like Crennel, have no fukcking clue what they are doing. I am not saying anyone can be a coffee fetcher in the NFL, but I am saying, if you are going to pick your next HC by who he worked for, thinking that his greatness has automatically rubbed off on the coffee fetcher? Then, you are going to be the Cleveland Browns, and you will be supported by clueless Cleveland browns fans.

Who a man works for gives little indication of how good a leader he can be. In my case? My success is largely centered on my hiring coffee fetchers. It is MY job to provide innovation and creativity. Same thing with most coordinators. I called Hue a coffee fetcher and got blasted for it, I called Haley a coffee fetcher and largely got a 3-day suspension for it because someone could not stomach that I was right about they guy they were sure was put in place to be the next HC.

McDaniels will not be a great HC because he worked for Belichik. He will be a great HC because he was not a coffee fetcher for Belichik. The guy is an independent thinker, and he knows his value. When the Browns started treating him like a coffee fetcher? He shoved it up their azz. Same thing with Indy, is that who he left stranded?

From my vantage point, McDaniels is the only candidate worth pursuing. The other guys are coffee fetchers. Not one of them has the will or spine to put John Dorsey in his place as a facillitator of the HC, and that's what needs to happen. If Josh McDaniels is hired, Dorsey gets demoted to the #2 man at Haslam's ear, and that's how it needs to be. All the other candidates? THey are pansies who will be Dorsey yes men. If Dorkey wants to run the show, he needs to go elsewhere.

McDaniels or bust. For once, it owuld be nice to see the Browns reach for the brass ring and get it. I am tired of listening to you guys and the Cleveland media fabricating a narrative about " while we didn't get the #1 guy on our list, there are solid reasons why we may have actually turned out better".

Enough bullschidt already. Go adter the #1 guy, and for once, get the #1 guy.

5 words:      Lake Erie....pantyhose....lipstick

6 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Well....it worked out OK for the Rams after they picked Vermeil out of the TV booth...so it is just like anything else.   Similar type moves can have wholly disimilar results.

There's always an exception.   But Cowher has already won his super bowl so he's out.

3 minutes ago, Mark O said:

There's always an exception.   But Cowher has already won his super bowl so he's out.

Yes, I get it....All I was saying is that in his post game commentary he looked like a guy that wanted to get back into the fray, and that the Browns....having been the team he played for, seem like the kind of team that he would like to coach, if he got back into it.     I am not saying that the Browns should have any interest in Cowher...just that it appeared that he had interest in them.

And let's just say this:   the Browns could probably do worse, and have done worse.

3 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Yes, I get it....All I was saying is that in his post game commentary he looked like a guy that wanted to get back into the fray, and that the Browns....having been the team he played for, seem like the kind of team that he would like to coach, if he got back into it.     I am not saying that the Browns should have any interest in Cowher...just that it appeared that he had interest in them.

And let's just say this:   the Browns could probably do worse, and have done worse.

I'm not sure they could do worse at this point and time.   He's been out of the game too long and there's no way he's going to have the same desire as someone younger who hasn't already won. 

Archived