THE BROWNS BOARD

White House suspends Acosta's press pass!

DieHardBrownsFan

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Apparently you don't. I don't know what particular jobs should be protected if the employee and question is being an a-hole at work.

So a Federal judge who is now upholding the Constitution by granting a stay while deliberating further on the 1st amendment rights of free press in this case should be fired? Because that is what Diehard was stating and you chimed in on it.

And firing a Federal judge because you don't like his ruling would get a guaranteed impeachment called for even by Fox who has supported Acosta and CNN in this.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fox_News_controversies

In late September 2009, Obama senior advisor David Axelrod and Roger Ailes met in secret to try to smooth out tensions between the two camps without much success. Two weeks later, White House officials referred to FNC as "not a news network". Communications director Anita Dunn claimed that "Fox News often operates as either the research arm or the communications arm of the Republican Party."[101][102] President Obama followed with "If media is operating basically as a talk radio format, then that's one thing, and if it's operating as a news outlet, then that's another,"[103] and then-White House chief of staff Rahm Emanuel stated that it was important "to not have the CNN's and the others in the world basically be led in following Fox."[104]

Within days it was reported that Fox had been excluded from an interview with administration official Ken Feinberg, with bureau chiefs from the White House Pool (ABC, CBS, NBC, and CNN) coming to the defense of Fox.[105] One of the major bureau chiefs stated, "If any member had been excluded it would have been the same thing, it has nothing to do with Fox or the White House or the substance of the issues."[106] Shortly after this story broke the White House admitted to a low-level mistake, but said that Fox had not made a specific request to interview Feinberg. Fox White House correspondent Major Garrett responded by stating that he had not made a specific request, but that he had a "standing request from me as senior White House correspondent on Fox to interview any newsmaker at the Treasury at any given time news is being made."[107]

On November 8, 2009 the Los Angeles Times reported that an unnamed Democratic consultant was warned by the White House not to appear on Fox News again. According to the article, Anita Dunn claimed in an e-mail to have checked with colleagues who "deal with TV issues" and had been told that nobody had been instructed to avoid Fox. Patrick Caddell, a Fox News contributor and former pollster for President Jimmy Carter said he had spoken with other Democratic consultants who had received similar warnings from the White House.[108]

11 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

So a Federal judge who is now upholding the Constitution by granting a stay while deliberating further on the 1st amendment rights of free press in this case should be fired? Because that is what Diehard was stating and you chimed in on it.

And firing a Federal judge because you don't like his ruling would get a guaranteed impeachment called for even by Fox who has supported Acosta and CNN in this.

So his first amendment rights means he can assault the intern, be rude to the president and refuse to be courteous to other reporters?

13 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Exactly. With the change of every Administration Federal Judges are fired by the dozens. Also too often judges political ideology gets in the way of a constitutional decision. I also realized that you are blinded by your hatred of Trump's personality but ask yourself if you think this would have been appropriate if there were a reporter whose sole purpose was to Badger a president McCain? 

Do I think Trump overreacted? Sure. Like I said he'd have been better off just to reply monosyllabically or say asked and answered or even not call on the bastard.

Nevertheless reporters should not be allowed to refuse to give the mic to the next reporter in line. No matter how much they hate the president.

WSS

3 hours ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

So his first amendment rights means he can assault the intern, be rude to the president and refuse to be courteous to other reporters?

He did not assault the intern. The video got doctored from the original by the lying WH staff. And the reporters all try to get their followup questions answered before yielding to others, not just Acosta. And they also all shout out questions at every opportunity. Ignore him? Sure. That's the president's prerogative.

51 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Exactly. With the change of every Administration Federal Judges are fired by the dozens. Also too often judges political ideology gets in the way of a constitutional decision. I also realized that you are blinded by your hatred of Trump's personality but ask yourself if you think this would have been appropriate if there were a reporter whose sole purpose was to Badger a president McCain? 

Do I think Trump overreacted? Sure. Like I said he'd have been better off just to reply monosyllabically or say asked and answered or even not call on the bastard.

Nevertheless reporters should not be allowed to refuse to give the mic to the next reporter in line. No matter how much they hate the president.

WSS

Except this judge was already appointed by Trump. To fire him for a ruling he disagrees with is tantamount to obstruction, because that makes the President the sole person in charge of interpreting the Constitution, a task he is in no way qualified to do. That is exactly why we have separation of powers into Executive, legislative and judicial. Trump is not the f'n King or the dictator despite what many of you seem to desire. Violate that by firing one you appointed and you get deservedly impeached.  Even Foxnews gets it.

He's trying to lead this country into a narcissistic dictatorship. It's time some of you come to that realization.

Acosta didn't assault the intern but he was rude enough to be disciplined. The judge that ruled Acosta be allowed back made that ruling because the White House didn't have rules in place regarding conduct of reporters. They are doing that now. Acosta won a battle but he is going to lose this war and the reason why he should lose is he is not acting like a journalist but as a biased commentator.

17 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

He did not assault the intern. The video got doctored from the original by the lying WH staff. And the reporters all try to get their followup questions answered before yielding to others, not just Acosta. And they also all shout out questions at every opportunity. Ignore him? Sure. That's the president's prerogative.

Except this judge was already appointed by Trump. To fire him for a ruling he disagrees with is tantamount to obstruction, because that makes the President the sole person in charge of interpreting the Constitution, a task he is in no way qualified to do. That is exactly why we have separation of powers into Executive, legislative and judicial. Trump is not the f'n King or the dictator despite what many of you seem to desire. Violate that by firing one you appointed and you get deservedly impeached.  Even Foxnews gets it.

He's trying to lead this country into a narcissistic dictatorship. It's time some of you come to that realization.

It was not doctored.  That was fake news as usual.

1 hour ago, TexasAg1969 said:

It makes absolutely no difference who appointed what judge if the judge allows his political agenda to override his treatment of the law.

And again my friend, you lose me when you fail to discuss actual policy or issues and keep falling back on name-calling like liar and narcissist and con man blah blah blah none of which make any difference to the end result.

WSS

4 hours ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

It was not doctored.  That was fake news as usual.

I watched it live and the WH version was most certainly doctored. There was no assault.

3 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

It makes absolutely no difference who appointed what judge if the judge allows his political agenda to override his treatment of the law.

And again my friend, you lose me when you fail to discuss actual policy or issues and keep falling back on name-calling like liar and narcissist and con man blah blah blah none of which make any difference to the end result.

WSS

I think discussing the Constitutional amendments more than qualifies as "policy". The judge in this case wants to be sure he makes the right Constitutional ruling according to that amendment and any interpretations by the Supreme Court since that time. He has not made a final ruling, only a stay against the actions of the WH. That allows for both sides to either pursue it further in his court or back off and allow the reporter to continue his work even if you don't agree on how he does it or what he says. It's the right call legally.

And he's still a would be dictator if you continue to give him that power.

What is really stupid, and going to end up slapping CNN in the face, is that they have the most "journalists" of all the media, in the WH press corps.

So - "impeding on CNN 1st Amendment..." is just more stupidass belligerence.

Fake News, you betcha.

6 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

And he's still a would be dictator if you continue to give him that power.

I'm hoping you just think that it's cool to shout about a dictatorship in the United States. Or you think it impresses the other lefties. Because if you're serious, and I mean really serious, and you believe in it then you're nuts. 

And while I can certainly understand your distaste for the president's personality, wishing for things that harm the United States just because it makes him look bad is kind of, you know, fuked up.

WSS

18 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

I'm hoping you just think that it's cool to shout about a dictatorship in the United States. Or you think it impresses the other lefties. Because if you're serious, and I mean really serious, and you believe in it then you're nuts. 

And while I can certainly understand your distaste for the president's personality, wishing for things that harm the United States just because it makes him look bad is kind of, you know, fuked up.

WSS

I am not the only person who thinks this jackass is a threat to the United States. I have distaste for anyone I feel is a threat to our Constitution. So now the jackass 🤴 attacks the architect of the operation that killed Bin Laden and gets rebuked in even rougher ways than I have so far. 

https://www.wthitv.com/content/national/500782441.html?ref=441

Read the last two paragraphs. The rest of the veterans on here need to start paying attention to what real military leaders say, not just me. Shortly after this exchange Rettired Gen. Mark Hertling agreed with Adm. William McRaven and confirmed how non-political McRaven always has been.

I assume you think they are nuts as well Steve. Get an 'fn clue.

21 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

You need to get some counseling, hater of Trump guy. The Admiral ADMITS he was a fan of Obamao. He may as well admit he's a liberal globalist.

after eight years of obaMao dividing our country into two warring camps, and is still at it, this political jackass says TRUMP divided us?

Go to hell, liberal both Admirals . You are hurting our country badly by helping dirty brennan and  dirty clapper divide us further.

and most certainly - these bigtime admirals are deep state members. W. went along with the deep state. If you don't, like JFK and Reagan, you could get shot.

The timing was most suspicious of "finding" bin laden. I believe they knew where he was for a good while. But the deep state are globalists. That is where the gigantic power is, and most of the bigtime wealth.

So, let me get this straight - Gen. Hertling says McRaven has always been non-political.

McRaven has his POLITICAL nose up ObaMao's rear end.

BTW, thank your for your military service, general and admiral. But as a civilian, you seem to be telling the American people they are not allowed

to elect a president you didn't allow us to. Tex, you should be ashamed of yourself.

Donald Trump Is Endorsed by Nearly 90 Military Figures - The New ...

Sep 6, 2016 - Donald J. Trump's campaign released an open letter on Tuesday from about 90 ... Open Letter From Retired Military Figures Supporting Trump.

6 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

Donald Trump Is Endorsed by Nearly 90 Military Figures - The New ...

Sep 6, 2016 - Donald J. Trump's campaign released an open letter on Tuesday from about 90 ... Open Letter From Retired Military Figures Supporting Trump.

Trump has been a true friend to the military and military veterans. 

Hey, Tex - 90 is more than two. Who were good friends with.....fired/revoked security clearance DIRTY TRAITOR JOHN BRENNAN.

of course they weren't going to let Bush be pres when they got bin laden. brennan/clapper knew where he was.

mcraven is a dirty poltiical deep state hack. not everyone in the military is conservative, Tex. You know that.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/first-read/retired-military-intelligence-leaders-blast-trump-n901581

39 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I am not the only person who thinks this jackass is a threat to the United States. I have distaste for anyone I feel is a threat to our Constitution. So now the jackass 🤴 attacks the architect of the operation that killed Bin Laden and gets rebuked in even rougher ways than I have so far. 

https://www.wthitv.com/content/national/500782441.html?ref=441

Read the last two paragraphs. The rest of the veterans on here need to start paying attention to what real military leaders say, not just me. Shortly after this exchange Rettired Gen. Mark Hertling agreed with Adm. William McRaven and confirmed how non-political McRaven always has been.

First of all I don't have the numbers at hand but I am guessing that most US servicemen and veterans would support the president and probably agree with most, if not all, of his policies. Which I do even though I'm not a veteran. There are lefties all over the country that have served in the military. That does not necessarily give them my support any more than the bulk of the service people who support the president get from you.

As far as getting a clue do you think these men who don't like Trump would support unfettered illegal immigration or sanctuary cities or higher taxes  or lower growth or more unemployment or a substantially weaker military? Just because they hate Trump?

If they did I'd be glad to call them stupid.

And he was part of a mission that assassinated Osama bin Laden. Well great. Now the POS is a martyr. That did exactly what? Did Al Qaeda change their ways and start to love the West? I mean I'm glad the guy is dead but that's as far as it goes. Pure Revenge? BFD. The left cried about waterboarding  but killing A Guy In Cold Blood, no problem. Plus in any other situation you lefties would be whining about assassinating a foreign leader.

WSS

1 hour ago, calfoxwc said:

You need to get some counseling, hater of Trump guy. The Admiral ADMITS he was a fan of Obamao. He may as well admit he's a liberal globalist.

after eight years of obaMao dividing our country into two warring camps, and is still at it, this political jackass says TRUMP divided us?

Go to hell, liberal both Admirals . You are hurting our country badly by helping dirty brennan and  dirty clapper divide us further.

and most certainly - these bigtime admirals are deep state members. W. went along with the deep state. If you don't, like JFK and Reagan, you could get shot.

The timing was most suspicious of "finding" bin laden. I believe they knew where he was for a good while. But the deep state are globalists. That is where the gigantic power is, and most of the bigtime wealth.

So, let me get this straight - Gen. Hertling says McRaven has always been non-political.

McRaven has his POLITICAL nose up ObaMao's rear end.

BTW, thank your for your military service. But as a civilian, you seem to be telling the American people they are not allowed

to elect a president you didn't allow us to. Tex, you should be ashamed of yourself.

Excellent post Cal. The deep state and globalists thought they had their candidate Hillary Clinton in the bag in 2016 and when the people spoke and elected Trump instead they have done nothing but try to tear down this president. The very hypocrites who thought Clinton had the election locked up and told us beforehand that we had to accept the election results have never accepted the election of Trump.

Obama's weaponizing of government agencies to attack his political opponents was truly a threat to our democracy and against our constitution. They never thought what they did would see the light of day believing Hillary Clinton was a shoe in to be the next president.

and furthermore -

Obamao POLITICIZED (gave his appts a ton of leftwing deep state power) the IRS, CIA, NSA, DOJ, EPA, FBI...

read on:

https://www.weeklystandard.com/stephen-f-hayes/the-big-reveal-the-story-of-how-470-000-documents-from-osama-bin-ladens-compound-finally-got-into-the-open

I expected nothing less from the Trump apologists for this fraud. I knew when I posted it none of you would really read it because there is too much truth in it from people who have a far better education as to what the Constitution they swore to defend really means and damn sure know more that the fool you voted for.

Steve insulted with his cheapshot so I gave him other very intelligent persons with far better military knowledge to support exactly what I said. Do you all really think that persons who go to the Military Academies only study the military? Hell know! They are well founded in history and in understanding of the government that they are sworn to defend "against all enemies foreign AND DOMESTIC."

They have chosen not to ignore the attacks on the underpinnings of this democracy. Your collective defense of the man who would subvert it speaks volumes about your blindness to his words and actions.

The shame is on you for remaining blind while the majority of people just voted for the truth of what they have seen since he took office, like it or not. You are all a part of ruining the former Republican party. No wonder so many are turning away. It's going to get worse because he is incapable of change.

Archived