THE BROWNS BOARD

Expectations next year?

LBC mike

defensively we need another DE and would also like to see our inrerior get bolstered. We are weak up the middle against the run. 

Offe sively, goes without saying....a #1 type WR. O line also needs addressed. Where specifically will remain to.be seen till the end if the year. But predicting one or both tackle spots will change during the offseason is a aafe bet

The OTackles need looked at, obviously. Perhaps Harrison is the LT of the future? 

Need help at WR.  Wouldn't be opposed to a better #2 TE with Njoku. 

Veteran backup QB at #2 behind Mayfield. 

I'd consider an upgrade over Ogbah as starter, but keep Ogbah for depth. Garrett cannot continue to play damn near every snap of every game. 

A stud DT would be nice.

Kirksey and Collins all the sudden seem replaceable at the OLB positions.

Always can add a CB. I like the safeties. 

The They need a #1  wr   A te that can play all downs  

punt and kick returner 

veteran kicker

Coaching? It’s been only 2 games, but this team needed discipline and a REAL coach

They got both of those things now that Huey is gone

If this continues then the coaching is fine

Just imagine if Huey was fired after  1-31?  This team would be 6-4 at the worst

Stupid Haslem’s

9 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

The OTackles need looked at, obviously. Perhaps Harrison is the LT of the future? 

Need help at WR.  Wouldn't be opposed to a better #2 TE with Njoku. 

Veteran backup QB at #2 behind Mayfield. 

I'd consider an upgrade over Ogbah as starter, but keep Ogbah for depth. Garrett cannot continue to play damn near every snap of every game. 

A stud DT would be nice.

Kirksey and Collins all the sudden seem replaceable at the OLB positions.

Always can add a CB. I like the safeties. 

All good points. I never thought I'd say this, but Greg Robinson is somehow holding down the LT position. He had a few mistakes yesterday, including an obvious hold, and a whiff that resulted in a Baker fumble. The hold really hurt, and the fumble could've been disastrous, but somehow turned into a Mayfield 6 yard run. Very lucky. He also may have had a false start, but by and large, he's locking it up. There's a chance Greg continues to actually improve this year by playing more and having people believe in him. Funny things happen when confidence begins to bubble up. Perhaps we keep Greg Robinson AND Desmond Harrison as depth? I think the real question is what we're doing with Corbett. That was a VERY high pick to use on a player with no designated position. I've heard rumors that he's being groomed for Center, but does he even have experience? Is that what you really do with the #33 pick of the draft? I dunno. 

WR really stands out to me, but finding a #1 is pretty difficult. I haven't looked closely at the candidates, but I know we have a post thread on the subject. Rather than drafting one, I'd love to consider spending some coin on another free agent WR if one is available. Again, I haven't checked that list, but I'd rather find a WR that way considering the time it normally takes to get WRs up to spec. Also, I don't TRUST Callaway yet, but if he stays clear of trouble, he very well may turn into a stud. But....I still want that big, dominant style WR. Don't we all! 

DT is interesting, and I think there's a couple coming out that may be perfect. It's not glamorous, but it's something we could definitely use. Also, if there's another badass CB similar to Ward, I'm always game for that. Can NEVER have enough CBs! More than likely, we'll need to identify a stud LB. I've had enough of Collins, but I definitely want Kirko to stay. 

Next year???? My predictions. 

Andy and Ben marry in the very first gay nfl wedding. Wacco Flacco is the ring bearer. 

With Baker Mayfield playing hot, the Cleveland Browns sweep the division and make it to the afc championship game against the qweefs who we cannot quite beat. 

Regular season record of 12 - 4

I believe we add some oline depth/a starting LT through the draft/FA

A few more studs on defense. I would add more LBs an DBs

Definitely need another threat at WR.

Whether we add someone big and physical, or short and speedy, we need someone.

I think Marquise Brown would be a helluva addition to our WR corps.

Kicker is also a need..

Btw I love Gregg Williams and his style of coaching. If he can win 4 out of the last 6 games, we should consider him moving forward.

Archived