THE BROWNS BOARD

If you're told "don't go there those people ain't friendly"...

Clevfan4life

You prob should listen. https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/american-is-killed-by-bow-and-arrow-on-remote-indian-island/ar-BBPWQJR?ocid=spartandhp

Got ganked on the beach by a bow and arrow old school style. I'll bet there's a "certain people" still living in our neck of the woods thinkin....now why didn't we think of this?

"But Mr. Chau pushed ahead in his kayak, which he had packed with a Bible. After that, it is a bit of a mystery what happened."

🤣🤣

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"

Once, when Mr. Pandit’s expedition offered a pig to the Sentinelese, two members of the tribe walked to the edge of the beach, “speared it” and buried it in the sand.

During another encounter, Mr. Pandit was separated from his colleagues and left alone in the water. A young tribesman on the beach pulled out a knife and “made a sign as if he was carving out my body.”

“He threatened; I understood,” Mr. Pandit said. “Contact was different with the Sentinelese,”

daayyyyuuummm, those cats are not playin....😨

3 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

You prob should listen. https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/american-is-killed-by-bow-and-arrow-on-remote-indian-island/ar-BBPWQJR?ocid=spartandhp

Got ganked on the beach by a bow and arrow old school style. I'll bet there's a "certain people" still living in our neck of the woods thinkin....now why didn't we think of this?

"But Mr. Chau pushed ahead in his kayak, which he had packed with a Bible. After that, it is a bit of a mystery what happened."

🤣🤣

Unfortunate

Mr. Pathak said Mr. Chau, believed to be 26 or 27 and from Washington State, may have been trying to convert the islanders to Christianity. Right before he left in his kayak, Mr. Chau gave the fishermen a long note. In it, police officials said, he had written that Jesus had bestowed him with the strength to go to the most forbidden places on Earth.

would have been more prudent to have the Bible translated into their language, and have a bunch of those dropped

onto the middle of their island by parachutes......

jesus Christ this story gets better by the day....

“You guys might think I’m crazy in all this but I think it’s worthwhile to declare Jesus to these people,” he wrote in a last note to his family on Nov. 16, shortly before he left the safety of the fishing boat to meet the tribesmen on the island. “God, I don’t want to die.

The tribesmen, who stood about 5-feet -5 inches tall with yellow paste on their faces, reacted angrily to Chau’s presence, he wrote, as he attempted to speak their language and sing worship songs.

“I hollered, ‘My name is John, I love you and Jesus loves you,’” Chau wrote, adding that a child shot at him with an arrow that missed and pierced his waterproof Bible.

5'5 with yellow sht on their face? Are they hiding a 10 story monkey with a notoriously sour disposition on that island or something? My god, than a child connected on a deep post route with his waterproof bible.....can this story get any more entertaining? 

1 hour ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

This is a picture of  the guy you all delight in mocking because of his faith.safe_image.php?d=AQA1_e6c-pIk6GO3&w=540&h=282&url=https%3A%2F%2Fstatic.foxnews.com%2Ffoxnews.com%2Fcontent%2Fuploads%2F2018%2F11%2FCHAU.jpg&cfs=1&upscale=1&fallback=news_d_placeholder_publisher&_nc_hash=AQCCksGFQlwKIIGK

Below is a photo of the inhabitants of the island and likely the type of reception he got. I would have rather seen him not do this but he knew the risk and it was important enough for him he put his own life at stake to try and take the gospel to a primitive people (hard to believe they are still around in the 21st century). 

NINTCHDBPICT000335569288.jpg

Archived