THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns vs Bengals Gameday thread

CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS

1 hour ago, tiamat63 said:

Back to back terrible defenses, guys.    Keep your wits about you.

I love what Baker is doing but this is still his rookie season.  Enjoy it for what it is. 

Has had to deal with some poor play from the tackles, a HC change, a OC change and when he came in the WR core led the league in drops.

I am not holding off, the boy is legit

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Frustrating game for our defense. The offensive playcalling got a bit conservative when we were up 35-14, and I didn’t like that another drive wasn’t put together to chew more clock and get at least a FG attempt. Then the would be interception that came back because #55 went low on Driskel(ugly play imo)

Myles Garrett is creating havok but is BARELY missing the QB on several plays. He could have 2-3 sacks soon...

Texans are next.

48 minutes ago, hx214 said:

Duke got a draw that I remember. 

Chubb didn’t have the best time running today. Kinda sucks because cinncy was the worst run D in the league. 

If he didn’t rip off that last 20 yarder he would have had like 64 yards on 30 attempts...

Obvious the Bungle game plan was to shut Chubb down...   

28 minutes ago, CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS said:

Frustrating game for our defense. The offensive playcalling got a bit conservative when we were up 35-14, and I didn’t like that another drive wasn’t put together to chew more clock and get at least a FG attempt. Then the would be interception that came back because #55 went low on Driskel(ugly play imo)

Myles Garrett is creating havok but is BARELY missing the QB on several plays. He could have 2-3 sacks soon...

Texans are next.

Ghoolie will comment doubtless we played Marty Ball once we were up 35. Playing prevent not to lose. At least it worked this time. 

PS the 1997 Quinta de Crasto Port was quite tasty... 

25 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Obvious the Bungle game plan was to shut Chubb down...   

Ghoolie will comment doubtless we played Marty Ball once we were up 35. Playing prevent not to lose. At least it worked this time. 

PS the 1997 Quinta de Crasto Port was quite tasty... 

Still Chubb managed to TDs so there's that!  LOL!  100 points for my FFL team.

I bet all the Browns fans went into permanent shock when it went to 28-0. Rumor has it that heart defibrillators sold out immediately all over the Cleveland metro area.💓🚑

36 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Still Chubb managed to TDs so there's that!  LOL!  100 points for my FFL team.

I bet all the Browns fans went into permanent shock when it went to 28-0. Rumor has it that heart defibrillators sold out immediately all over the Cleveland metro area.💓🚑

We wuz mad when the announcer said that 28-0 score is not a misprint....  If Michigan was on a revenge tour this year- the Browns are on one, to erase 20 years worth of sucking....  

That Dalton non-fumble was a blown call- he never had  possession of of the ball. Nice to see Hue took the penalties along with him to Cincinnati. Absolute ROTFLMAO when after the interception they handed Hue the ball.  

PS it was quite entertaining listening to the Bengal laments on the radio on the way home.  Like how could we lose to the BROWNS? 

PPS The victory port was enjoyed by all. I was hoping we could open it at the start of the 4th quarter, but I was forced to wait until 1:30.   

Just got  back from Thanksgiving #2 at my daughter's house.  (long trip.  they live 2 houses away now)  :)

Congratulations to the Browns....and Browns fans everywhere!      No more road losing streak.  No more, haven't won consecutive games since 2014.  -  Getting rid of the negative records!!!

Way to go Browns!!!

Just now, Dutch Oven said:

Holy shit, it just dawned on me...

The Browns are 2-1-1 vs the AFC North so far this season. 

AND big ben just threw a pick in the end zone..... DEN in victory formation.

Great long weekend!

23 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

And the Broncos take down Big Ben on an INT in the endzone at the end of the game! What a great day!👍

Indeed, Browns win Steelers lose, almost perfect. Now if the Purple Ratbirds had lost, couldn't hope for better....  

16 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

we got no help..but it is late november & my TV screen has our Brownies still in PlayOff Hunt listed for all to see....:P:P  👍 

Aw, some Negative Nancys around here are saying - we're blowing our draft standing. 

1 minute ago, hoorta said:

Indeed, Browns win Steelers lose, almost perfect. Now if the Purple Ratbirds had lost, couldn't hope for better....  

Aw, some Negative Nancys around here are saying - we're blowing our draft standing. 

Except Denver winning is still on pace to keep them behind us in the draft by 1/2 game. Hope we both win out until we beat them Dec. 15 in Denver.

I can't believe I'm actually printing this for the first time......and yes pit and cinci lost!  :)

NFL PLAYOFFS STANDINGS

AFC

Division Leaders W L T DIV CONF
Chiefs 9 2 0 3-0 7-1
Patriots 8 3 0 3-0 6-2
Texans 7 3 0 2-1 5-2
Steelers 7 3 1 3-1-1 4-3-1
Wild Card W L T DIV CONF
Chargers 8 3 0 2-2 5-2
Ravens 6 5 0 2-3 6-3
In The Hunt W L T DIV CONF
Colts 6 5 0 2-1 5-4
Titans 5 5 0 2-1 3-5
Dolphins 5 6 0 2-1 4-4
Bengals 5 6 0 1-3 3-4
Broncos 5 6 0 2-2 3-5
Browns 4 6 1...... 2-1-1 .....3-4-1 <---- yes here we are!
Bills 4 7 0 1-1 3-5
Jaguars 3 8 0 0-3 2-6
Jets 3 8 0 0-4 2-6
Raiders 2 9 0 0-3 1-6

I have so much stuff to say about this game, but I'm slammed at work, LOL.  (I know everyone just can't WAIT for me to write my drivel, haha).

I could get used to this "winning" stuff.  🙂

For those wondering about Chubb ........................you are getting spoiled by those long runs earlier in the season and last week. He actually had 84 yards running and another 44 in pass receptions with 2 TDs. That there is an excellent day in the NFL for any RB. And the TDs came early for gut punches to Cincy right from the start, which allowed for that eventual 35-7 lead. I like this RB a ton.👍

Archived