THE BROWNS BOARD

Baker speaking some truth

jcam222

Here’s what Jason La Canfora had to say & I agree

Since he has been removed from the stench of the Hue Jackson regime, with Jackson finally fired after Week 8, the Browns are 2-1 and with Freddie Kitchens taking over the offense in that span Mayfield is an eye-popping 65-for-88 (74 percent) for 771 yards (8.8 yards per attempt), with 9 touchdowns, 1 interception and a rating of 129.5. Part of the reason he doesn't have to throw it quite as much is the emergence of Chubb, who took over as starter in Week 7 after Carlos Hyde was dealt to hapless Jacksonville. In his five starts Chubb has rushed 106 times for 490 yards (4.6 per carry) with four TDs (he's scored in three-straight games), while also catching two touchdowns passes, including a ridiculous grab through a defender Sunday.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Yea.....the OC draws up the game plan.  The OC calls the plays, and the HC signs off.   And these two arseburgers couldn't agree on fuck all how to do that, and they are both gone.   And Baker's statement was aimed at the play caller...and that WAS Haley.  And by inference it also included Hue in there. 

Just accept that fact....and your life will go much easier.

He also said the he wouldn’t miss hue. Both!

17 hours ago, The Gipper said:

But Baker said directly that "we now have confidence in the people we have calling plays".....and it was Haley who was calling plays.  So....at worst, it was directed at both Hue and Haley....but I see it more at Haley.  So, sorry, you are wrong...at least partially. 

People is plural. Person is singular. Get it yet?

On 11/25/2018 at 5:01 PM, The Gipper said:

The last comment could be more direct atHaley then at Hue possibly

17 hours ago, The Gipper said:

But Baker said directly that "we now have confidence in the people we have calling plays".....and it was Haley who was calling plays.  So....at worst, it was directed at both Hue and Haley....but I see it more at Haley.  So, sorry, you are wrong...at least partially. 

Baker said that they believed in Todd when he was calling the plays. Damien Woody shaded him on first take and called him nothing short of classless for his interaction with Hue post game. Woody compared it to Baker transferring to Oklahoma. Then Baker replied on instagram with, "But I didn't have a scholarship at the other school, and that Hue's situation was different because he had lost 30 games and he was a fake who went to a division rival the first chance he got.

Haley was definitely inefficient in his short time here, but Hue's clashes with him definitely impacted the offense. We have to remember that Kitchens runs Haley's system too. Only difference is no Hue breathing down the neck of the OC, and Baker and company having more freedom to run the O their way.

Let's not forget Hue is "buddy buddy" with all of these "sports reporters" and so called "sports broadcasters". They were all easy on him. Easy as hell after he got fired and decided to go on all of the talk shows and not accept all of the blame. This is a picture of Hue drinking Sangria with Mike Silver. Who has dinner and drinks with a reporter/sports broadcaster if you're a coach? Of course this guy is going to spin the Hue Jackson narrative. Props to skip Bayless for being the ONLY dude I could see siding with Baker. Hue did nothing for Cleveland and treated it like he was trying to conquer game of thrones as lord veras, by turning people against each other, deflecting responsibility and shifting blame, and going for the crown. He should've spent more time on the team and less drinking sangria with men and shooting Mr. Heroes sandwich commercials. Also, does anyone else think it's creepy how close he gets to people?

9 hours ago, VikingDawg said:

Pure truth. Stevie Ahole, Dumbass Woody and Cris Carter are just pissed some White kid is dissing their brotha, never mind the fact Hue regularly threw players under the bus including Baker. The fact is a White player is standing up to a black coach and they wont tolerate it. Shit, Carter flat out dropped the race card 1 minute into his spiel. 

Actually, Chris Carter spoke highly of Mayfield..

Now those other two jerkoffs.. different story

I don't mind Mayfield's demeanor or attitude at all. The way he responded to the reporters was an obvious middle finger to Hue, but in no way was it classless. His conversations are much, much different than say Jalen Ramsey.

That being said, he's gotta let the reporters slide off his back a bit better. People like Cowturd, Damien Woody and Stephen A. Smith literally exist to yell and start controversy. I forget which guy it was (separate of the Infowars case) who went as far as to say if he ever got sued he would claim he was simply playing a character on the show and should not be considered a reporter. Those dudes plus Baker's personality is gonna create media sound bites, just gotta laugh em off. I think he knows that though.

1 hour ago, jrb12711 said:

I don't mind Mayfield's demeanor or attitude at all. The way he responded to the reporters was an obvious middle finger to Hue, but in no way was it classless. His conversations are much, much different than say Jalen Ramsey.

That being said, he's gotta let the reporters slide off his back a bit better. People like Cowturd, Damien Woody and Stephen A. Smith literally exist to yell and start controversy. I forget which guy it was (separate of the Infowars case) who went as far as to say if he ever got sued he would claim he was simply playing a character on the show and should not be considered a reporter. Those dudes plus Baker's personality is gonna create media sound bites, just gotta laugh em off. I think he knows that though.

I think Mayfied's position is simply this:     Those guys are now my rivals.  I am not going to fraternize or be buddy buddy with our rivals.   It can be the Bengals, Steelers, Ravens....anyone. They are the enemy and will be treated as such.

And I agree with this attitude basically.  Pro sports have become too buddy buddy.  The NBA is worse.   It used to be that guys wanted to kick your ass to the ground...and then kick you again when you were down.    Beat their asses.....and be cordial winners....but don't ask us to sweet talk you after we beat you. 

21 hours ago, domcucch1994 said:

Stephen A and Damien Woody were critical of Baker. 

Shannon Sharpe and Mangini were also critical.

I find it ironic that a guy like Damien Woody would be critical of Baker Mayfield. . .

https://buffalonews.com/2018/11/11/ex-jet-damien-woody-walks-out-in-midgame-roasts-team/

image.thumb.png.d9c81cbd058cf3939470c3be3c0fba28.png

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

I think Mayfied's position is simply this:     Those guys are now my rivals.  I am not going to fraternize or be buddy buddy with our rivals.   It can be the Bengals, Steelers, Ravens....anyone. They are the enemy and will be treated as such.

And I agree with this attitude basically.  Pro sports have become too buddy buddy.  The NBA is worse.   It used to be that guys wanted to kick your ass to the ground...and then kick you again when you were down.    Beat their asses.....and be cordial winners....but don't ask us to sweet talk you after we beat you. 

Sure, I don't disagree. But what I mean is from the link Z sent, he responded directly to Damien over instagram or w/e which just continued to stir this pot for no reason really. Mayfield IMO just needs to let that slide off his back. No problems at all with the post-game comments, it's the piece above that needs to clean up a bit. These talking mouth pieces are looking specifically for these guys to react to the nonsense.

He's a young dude though, I'm confident based on his growth to date it won't be an issue.

42 minutes ago, Zombo said:

It's hard to watch Damien Woody's fat face, but scroll down to Will Cain's response ... He's right.

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2018/11/cleveland-browns-baker-mayfield-damien-woody-beef-twitter-video

Agree with Will. Hue has a couple million golden parachute to glom off of. He won't need food stamps anytime soon. Heck, Mike Pettine took a year off for all we know drinking Mai-tais in Hawaii before he started thinking about coaching again. 

Yup, NFL HCs get fired all the time Damien when they do a bad job after collecting millions, and Huey was historically the second worst in league history. 

If he wasn't big pals with Marvin, he'd still be out of work. Talk about the old boy network. As others have said, Hue could create more history if Mike Brown decides to clean house, and get fired by two different teams in one year.

1 hour ago, Zombo said:

It's hard to watch Damien Woody's fat face, but scroll down to Will Cain's response ... He's right.

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2018/11/cleveland-browns-baker-mayfield-damien-woody-beef-twitter-video

Seemed like a non sequiter.  Nevertheless......he did a fan vote and asked:

Which team had the best player in NFL history.

And so far in that vote the Bears, Vikings, and Eagles are ahead.    And I wonder....what effing player are these guys thinking of for each team.

Can anyone explain these to me.

I understand votes for the  49ers (either Rice or Montana)....the Pats  (Brady)

Also ahead of the Browns are  The Giants (can I assume Lawrence Taylor?)  and Packers (not sure who here).

For we all know, bottom line, the best player in NFL history was Jim Brown.

1 hour ago, jrb12711 said:

Sure, I don't disagree. But what I mean is from the link Z sent, he responded directly to Damien over instagram or w/e which just continued to stir this pot for no reason really. Mayfield IMO just needs to let that slide off his back. No problems at all with the post-game comments, it's the piece above that needs to clean up a bit. These talking mouth pieces are looking specifically for these guys to react to the nonsense.

He's a young dude though, I'm confident based on his growth to date it won't be an issue.

Well....he is an emotional guy.   Remember the crotch grab against Kansas;  the flag vs. OSU.  He doesn't seem like the kind to just let the water roll off his back....he wants to dunk you in the water and wait for you to cry Uncle.

27 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Well....he is an emotional guy.   Remember the crotch grab against Kansas;  the flag vs. OSU.  He doesn't seem like the kind to just let the water roll off his back....he wants to dunk you in the water and wait for you to cry Uncle.

Exactly...That's Baker and that's who Dorsey drafted to change the culture on this team and this organization.  He looks at a guy like Hue who was horrible at his job and within 2 weeks is back coaching for a division rival?    He wants to bury a guy like that.

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

Baker is gonna be planting that flag in houston on sunday

24 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Screw Hue/Haley. Here is a comparison of the difference since Freddie took over.

Damn right screw em,since Kitchens took over on offense we are 10 for 10 in the red zone and those are TD'S not fg's

6 hours ago, The Gipper said:

I always have.  I said it was directed as much at Haley as at Hue.  That implies that it was directed at both...you know...plural.   Obtuse much?

Ok but how about the hot new act down in Hamilton county these cats have going

Huey, Lewis and the Mews, they got a red headed stink thumb singing I Need A New Thug. 

Archived