THE BROWNS BOARD

Trump bump stock ban

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After seeing the destruction one person can do with bump stocks in Vegas I don't have any problem with banning bump stocks. I will fight tooth and nail to keep semi automatics from being banned but anything that can effectively turn a semi into an automatic I won't support that...

1 hour ago, OldBrownsFan said:

After seeing the destruction one person can do with bump stocks in Vegas I don't have any problem with banning bump stocks. I will fight tooth and nail to keep semi automatics from being banned but anything that can effectively turn a semi into an automatic I won't support that...

Do you know that your finger and shoulder can do the same thing via physics? We did it all the time when we just wanted to blow through ammo. So banning a bumpstock does nothing but set a precedent about banning other items that could fall under the same umbrella (mags, optics, triggers, etc).

But Trump is an R so the usual folks who normally lose their minds about slippery slopes are ready to gleefully let it happen. I am pro 2A no matter who is in office.

5 minutes ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

Do you know that your finger and shoulder can do the same thing via physics? We did it all the time when we just wanted to blow through ammo. So banning a bumpstock does nothing but set a precedent about banning other items that could fall under the same umbrella (mags, optics, triggers, etc).

But Trump is an R so the usual folks who normally lose their minds about slippery slopes are ready to gleefully let it happen. I am pro 2A no matter who is in office.

It is not a political matter for me. I don't have a problem banning anything that will effectively turn a semi automatic into an automatic. We are having a big enough battle just to keep certain types of semi automatics legal. Magazines are already going down the slippery slope. Who decides what the magic number is for magazine capacity. New York sets it 7. Next year it could be 6...then 5...

Just now, OldBrownsFan said:

It is not a political matter for me. I don't have a problem banning anything that will effectively turn a semi automatic into an automatic. We are having a big enough battle just to keep certain types of semi automatics legal. Magazines are already going down the slippery slope. Who decides what the magic number is for magazine capacity. New York sets it 7. Next year it could be 6...then 5...

That device does nothing your finger and shoulder can’t do. I just posted a video to show you as much. Better not show Trump. He will ban index fingers and shoulders.

The things you described were not federal law. So when the Dem who comes in next and legislates triggers to where they only reset the hammer on a straight pull action like what they do in England, I don’t want to hear any complaining from the people who rolled over in situations like this.

Just now, LogicIsForSquares said:

This is feel good legislation that solves nothing but leaves lots of leeway for messing with other gun related items. 

There are a lot of politicians with feel good gun legislation ideas and they need to be fought but to me this is not one of them. I saw what happened in Vegas. I am for fighting anything that restricts our rights to semi automatic weapons but not anything that will effectively turn a semi into an automatic. I had seen the video already about bump firing from the shoulder. I only see that video as ammunition for the gun grabbers to take away semi automatic rifles...and they are out there and that to me is the battle I will fight on.

5 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

There are a lot of politicians with feel good gun legislation ideas and they need to be fought but to me this is not one of them. I saw what happened in Vegas. I am for fighting anything that restricts our rights to semi automatic weapons but not anything that will effectively turn a semi into an automatic. I had seen the video already about bump firing from the shoulder. I only see that video as ammunition for the gun grabbers to take away semi automatic rifles...and they are out there and that to me is the battle I will fight on.

So we are determining what is legal and worth fighting for on the public optics and opinions of people who already want to outright ban guns anyway and don’t know auto from semi auto at all?

I want zero whining from Republicans when it snowballs down the road and they sat on their hands. 

1 minute ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

So we are determining what is legal and worth fighting for on the public optics and opinions of people who already want to outright ban guns anyway and don’t know auto from semi auto at all?

I want zero whining from Republicans when it snowballd down the road and they sat on their hands. 

Public opinion is important. No doubt about it. Gun control will be decided by voters and the gun grabbers constantly try to mis-portray semi automatics with automatics to the public using language like a semi automatic  "spraying bullets" in an attempt to ban so called assault rifles.  Automatics spray bullets not semi automatics but bump stocks actually do turn semi automatics into where they spray bullets.

4 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

Public opinion is important. No doubt about it. Gun control will be decided by voters and the gun grabbers constantly try to mis-portray semi automatics with automatics to the public using language like a semi automatic  "spraying bullets" in an attempt to ban so called assault rifles.  Automatics spray bullets not semi automatics but bump stocks actually do turn semi automatics into where they spray bullets.

I don’t give a squirt of piss about the opinions of people who already vote against my rights. Appeasing them changes nothing. The right went full Neville Chamberlain on this.

Are we going to ban fingers and shoulders? Are we going to ban videos of people bump firing guns? No. So this is just appeasing people who hate the 2nd Am anyway.

I'm with OBF on this. The NRA needs to be a part of the solution, not a part of the problem that might lead to gun banning altogether. Machineguns and submachineguns have been restricted in ownership almost 100 years now (1932) to take them out of the hands of criminals who loved the "Tommygun" i.e. Thompson submachinegun. Any device that gives any weapon that similar automatic firing should be a part of that restriction that already has that 1932 precedent.

9 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I'm with OBF on this. The NRA needs to be a part of the solution, not a part of the problem that might lead to gun banning altogether. Machineguns and submachineguns have been restricted in ownership almost 100 years now (1932) to take them out of the hands of criminals who loved the "Tommygun" i.e. Thompson submachinegun. Any device that gives any weapon that similar automatic firing should be a part of that restriction that already has that 1932 precedent.

You mean my M-60 is illegal?

2 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

You mean my M-60 is illegal?

Well if you actually knew how to shoot it, maybe.😜😂

Now me, I want an M-79 because I actually did carry one along just in case and was pretty decent with round placement (in practice). Plus those things are fun to blow stuff up with. LOL! But I will not lie because I never actually fired it at anyone shooting our way. Usually out of range and/or so dark you could not estimate the proper range to set it for. I'm pretty sure they always set up their little 61 mm mortars far enough out that we could not respond with an M-79 anyway.

1 hour ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

You and 95% of Republicans...for now

I'm just curious, are they already illegal oh, and if not aren't they were ridiculously easy to make? And unless I'm not understanding something, would it be easier or harder to add the legislation as a presidential order or on a laundry list of poison pills that needs to get through Congress?

PS and I don't really care that much. I suppose they're a bad thing and if they get banned and people really honestly don't have them anymore, good riddance.

WSS

The reality is the vegas shooter would have killed alot more people if he was a professional shooter instead of a gambling raging pos drunkard. No pro shooter would ever put a bump stock on his primary weapon and risk a short stroke. 

Bump stocks are purely fir kunts that wanna build a cheap AR and hip rambo it through a bunch of people at short range....

14 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

I'm just curious, are they already illegal oh, and if not aren't they were ridiculously easy to make? And unless I'm not understanding something, would it be easier or harder to add the legislation as a presidential order or on a laundry list of poison pills that needs to get through Congress?

PS and I don't really care that much. I suppose they're a bad thing and if they get banned and people really honestly don't have them anymore, good riddance.

WSS

Trump is supposedly moving forward with the ban he said he would do by executive order some time next week. Part of it would require turning them in or destroying them. 

This sets the stage for down the road, a President who doesn’t have an R beside their name, deciding to use that same logic to monkey brain all sorts of ways to screw gun owners. However, things are so partisan right now that people who would otherwise be losing it and talking about slippery slopes are now asking Trump which kind of chapstick he prefers they use.

13 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

The reality is the vegas shooter would have killed alot more people if he was a professional shooter instead of a gambling raging pos drunkard. No pro shooter would ever put a bump stock on his primary weapon and risk a short stroke. 

Bump stocks are purely fir kunts that wanna build a cheap AR and hip rambo it through a bunch of people at short range....

This. A competition trigger would have even produced the same rate of fire but don’t let anti-gunners know because then a bunch of people claiming to be pro 2A will sit there and let those be banned too.

46 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

That bumpstock does nothing that my finger and shoulder can’t do. So talking about banning full auto sears has zero to do with this discussion. 

1 minute ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

That bumpstock does nothing that my finger and shoulder can’t do. So talking about banning full auto sears has zero to do with this discussion. 

I might have to see you do a video of doing it both ways before I buy that. Until then, I have my doubts.

3 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I might have to see you do a video of doing it both ways before I buy that. Until then, I have my doubts.

YouTube literally has tons of videos of it. A bump stock just mimics the hand hold. We did this years before the bumpstock to throw rounds and be dummies. Your accuracy stinks with it and I have used a bumpstock. The guy in Vegas would have caused more carnage with aimed rounds.

2 hours ago, OldBrownsFan said:

Ebay sets it at 10

They won’t let anyone sell anything bigger

33 minutes ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

Ban fingers for the kids! *pearl clutching intensifies*

That shows it all

45 minutes ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

Trump is supposedly moving forward with the ban he said he would do by executive order some time next week. Part of it would require turning them in or destroying them. 

This sets the stage for down the road, a President who doesn’t have an R beside their name, deciding to use that same logic to monkey brain all sorts of ways to screw gun owners. However, things are so partisan right now that people who would otherwise be losing it and talking about slippery slopes are now asking Trump which kind of chapstick he prefers they use.

Maybe, even probably. Then again good luck defending the bump stocks. Look assuming that the next Democrat president won't use executive order to throw the entire second amendment hand of the wood chipper.

WSS

3 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Maybe, even probably. Then again good luck defending the bump stocks. Look assuming that the next Democrat president won't use executive order to throw the entire second amendment hand of the wood chipper.

WSS

I’m no constitutional scholar, but I don’t think a Presidential can use an executive order to ammend the constitution 

great points by both sides. It occurred to me that you could take some sponge, and make a shoulder pad, and it would bounce the gun

back and forth like a bump stock.

The serious concern is, as Logic has said - it opens the door wide open to further restrictions and abuse. I don't mind bump stocks being illegal - pretty much rare that people would want one - but at what cost? The left has made it clear that they demand total control and power over anybody not in their leftist giant subculture. Their demand to ban guns, etc, is a dangerous political gambit.

Offhand, I see the point about Las Vegas. OTH, I see thousands of leftwing haters rationalizing against everything else. Semi-auto everything, which some already do, banning all magazines - it will never end. Lefties used to diss the idea that anybody wants to ban guns on their side.

That ship sailed to another planet and crashed and burned...

This magazine size fiasco is just another farce. Make it sixteen, they will demand 12. Make it 12, they will demand 10. then eight.

then three. They will never stop. So, Pres Trump showing some kind of honest goodwill to the snake, is like the snake story "I took good care of you, you promised ! Why did you bite me?"

and the snake hisses "you KNEW I was a snake in the first place"

Archived