THE BROWNS BOARD

Trump bump stock ban

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

2871E77B-163A-43F3-B3B4-BB1579621AFE.jpeg

I'm not wishing Hillary Clinton would have won in 16. There are going to be a lot of these gun control cases fought out in the courts and I doubt if Clinton would have been packing the courts with 2A supporting federal judges not to mention she would have placed two more liberal justices on the Supremes who you could take to the bank would not be pro 2A. At least with the conservative judges Trump has been appointing the 2A has a much better chance of being upheld in the courts...

33 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

I'm not wishing Hillary Clinton would have won in 16. There are going to be a lot of these gun control cases fought out in the courts and I doubt if Clinton would have been packing the courts with 2A supporting federal judges not to mention she would have placed two more liberal justices on the Supremes who you could take to the bank would not be pro 2A. At least with the conservative judges Trump has been appointing the 2A has a much better chance of being upheld in the courts...

They don't have to worry about it going to court if the president is passing EOs to di-ck over gun owners.

44 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

If bump stocks get nixed and silencers come off class 3......i think everybodys won. We'll see

You are dreaming if you think that will happen. There is never any give with the take. And at this point, you have people on the right who might fret about how it would look to have suppressors easier to access.

7 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

The left hates supressors because they want to use noise as an excuse to ban hunting within then miles of a town......

Subsonic rounds are quieter in 22LR and cost far less than adding suppressors anyway. Damn suppressor costs as much or more as most 22 rifles.

55 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

The left hates supressors because they want to use noise as an excuse to ban hunting within then miles of a town......

Europe has pretty strict gun laws and they even see the value in suppressors. Some countries don't legislate them because they see it as a reduction in "noise pollution".

2 hours ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

Ever had a chance to run a suppressed 22LR with subsonic? It is fun and extremely quiet haha.

Nope. Never fired a suppressed round. But here is a test of CCI Quiet vs Aguila Colibri. The CCI is quiet and also very accurate even at 50 yds.  Looks like an excellent squirrel round for cal & his farm forest friends. 

What liberals dont undetstand is that supressors cannit do shit to the sound generated by the round exceeding the sound barrier. Id be ok with keeping suppressors for small rounds on the class3 as there would be value to shooting subsonic rounds there for silent robbery's or murders or whatever, but none of these mass shooters would have gotten dick out if loading their AR's with subsomuc rounds. The level of bullet drop the vegas shooter would have had to adjust fir would have been comical. The concert prob wouldnt have even noticed and kept going. Dude would have given up and gobe downstairs to continue drinking/gambling his life away

I have .22 shorts - they are great fun. But that single shot .22 that shot .22 lr or shorts... I gave to my niece - it was my Dad's.

Interesting question - my semi-auto .22 says only .22 LR so I'd have to not use the magazine and ...

nah. lol

5 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

I have .22 shorts - they are great fun. But that single shot .22 that shot .22 lr or shorts... I gave to my niece - it was my Dad's.

Interesting question - my semi-auto .22 says only .22 LR so I'd have to not use the magazine and ...

nah. lol

Can you tell the difference between a suppressed CCI Quiet and a non-suppressed CCI Quiet? Me neither.

I have 12 gauge Remington with a suppresser. It still can be heard with ear plugs.  

I also have a .270 Remington 783 rifle.  And it is loud as hell without a supperser But it sure as hell isn’t queit with a suppresser

"why you all don't need magazines that hold over ten shots"

yep. It will never end. They will always demand more and more and more, because their

fight is political.

https://www.ammoland.com/2018/12/third-circuit-tells-gun-owners-turn-in-gun-magazines/?utm_source=Ammoland+Subscribers&utm_campaign=77714f5111-RSS_EMAIL_CAMPAIGN&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_6f6fac3eaa-77714f5111-20770865#axzz5Yd0Y8DjI

1 hour ago, calfoxwc said:

"why you all don't need magazines that hold over ten shots"

yep. It will never end. They will always demand more and more and more, because their

fight is political.

https://www.ammoland.com/2018/12/third-circuit-tells-gun-owners-turn-in-gun-magazines/?utm_source=Ammoland+Subscribers&utm_campaign=77714f5111-RSS_EMAIL_CAMPAIGN&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_6f6fac3eaa-77714f5111-20770865#axzz5Yd0Y8DjI

"The majority, in an opinion by Judge Shwartz and joined by Judge Greenaway, both appointed by President Obama, held that the ban did not violate the Second Amendment because it reasonably advanced the State’s interest in reducing mass shootings without severely burdening the rights of law-abiding citizens."

In 8 years Obama got many of his liberal anti 2A judicial nominees on the bench and these are the expected types of rulings. It makes me happier Trump is president today as he is fulfilling his campaign promise to place constitutional judges on the bench and this will help in the future when these cases go to the courts. 

3 hours ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

https://www.apnews.com/6c1af80fb290472c89fb930e223505af

Illegal to possess them after March. Trump turned a bunch of people who did nothing wrong into a bunch of felons if they don’t bend to the crown by March.

He will ban fingers and shoulders later for the public safety.

Agree.  This sets a bad precedent.  

Archived