THE BROWNS BOARD

I think Denver is In big trouble Saturday Night..

BobPOUND!

Just watched the film on Denver. First time I've seen any of their games this season.. Specifically the 49'rs game.. 

On Defense they play LOTS of loose zone and they got picked apart by what I feel is an inferior SF offense, at least compared to ours. They didn't put much pressure on the QB and played loose zone and Baker will pick them apart.

On Offense I didn't see anything special except their excellent running back. I think if we bring the same defensive scheme we brought against Panthers last week, we will give up a lot of yards, but be able to stiff them in the red zone and hold them to FG and hopefully regain our giveaway takeway dominance. 

In looking at Denvers win/loss, they also are not the impressive. Lost to the same teams we lost to.. KC/Bolts.. Won against Pittsburgh(we tied and lost badly to them).. LOST against Baltimore, Jets(whom we beat) and won against Raiders(so did we technically)... The only blow out game for them was against the Cardinals and Bengals(so did we). Rest of the games are close loses or close wins.

This is a very winnable game for us, I would argue more so than the Panthers game last Sunday... I think we have good reason to be optimistic.

BobPound!

For sure it is getting more national attention.

And this tid-bit from vegasinsider.com:

Super Bowl LII Prediction (2/3/19) 
New Orleans over New England:The Saints come off a rough Thursday night loss in Dallas, but remain atop the rankings since they're still 10-1 (9-2 ATS) over their last 11. This has been my Super Bowl prediction since the preseason. The theory here is that last year's memorable demise should birth a drive and focus that Brees can work with to get out of a stacked NFC with his talented group, which added RB Mark Ingram after a four-game suspension. The Patriots started slowly but will rebound and face the easier road in the AFC. A rematch with the Chiefs appears to be in the cards. Bill Belichick's team will surprise at Arrowhead and then lose a second straight Super Bowl, failing to contain Sean Payton's offense in Atlanta. Barring injury, this projection won't change.

Highest Risers
Packers 23 to 18
Browns 24 to 19 <----- a lot of stuff like this
Colts 15 to 11
Titans 17 to 13
Giants 21 to 17
Lions 27 to 23
49ers 32 to 29
Seahawks 11 to 9
Dolphins 16 to 14
Jets 30 to 28

Biggest Drops
Broncos 14 to 20 <----- 
Redskins 20 to 24
Vikings 12 to 15
Eagles 13 to 16
Bucs 18 to 21
Panthers 19 to 22
Jaguars 22 to 25
Cardinals 29 to 32
Patriots 3 to 5
Ravens 10 to 12
Bills 28 to 30

They just need to show up, like they have since Hue left the team. Even the loss to KC and the Texans was a "good" loss if you can call it that. Since Hue left(and Haley), we have not had a down game so far.

In the past we were plagued with thoughts of "which Browns team shows up today??"...  One week I was "dear God they are incredible" followed by a "Dear God what the fuck was that?"..

PH(post Hue Post Haley), the Browns are playing consistently good football on nearly all 3 sides of the game. Stupid penalties still persist, but are better. We missed an XP, but Kicking is infinitely better(Kicked a 49 yarder for fucks sake".. Special teams still let's to many long returns. Twice in as many games Joseph was in on the tackle. That is NEVER good.

PH we are now bringing it every single game.. It has been 5 games and that is enough to say it is a pattern.  5 games we have(minus 1 half during the Texans) played at a high level of football. Against top tier teams we are still not good enough. but against the messy middle of the NFL, we are proving we are the ones to watch out for. 

Denver is a low level messy middle team at or below the level of the Panthers.. So long as they show up and play, we should be able to walk away with this win.

PLUS IT IS A NATIONAL GAME.. Baker thrives on this shit....

12 minutes ago, BobPOUND! said:

PLUS IT IS A NATIONAL GAME.. Baker thrives on this shit....

Saturday Night and The Browns are Still Standing... 

🤜 🤛   

Denver counts on the rarefied mile high altitude to get to other teams by the 4th Q. Had it not been for a really bad No-call for expired play clock, they would have  beaten KC at the game I attended there in Oct. They cannot be taken lightly when Von Miller is playing @ 100mph.

2 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Denver counts on the rarefied mile high altitude to get to other teams by the 4th Q. Had it not been for a really bad No-call for expired play clock, they would have  beaten KC at the game I attended there in Oct. They cannot be taken lightly when Von Miller is playing @ 100mph.

Well do I know about that 5,200' altitude Bill. Going from near sea level in Cleveland to Denver without acclimating- you don't notice it much just walking around- but start exercising- you sure will. For those curious- air pressure a mile up is only 83% of what it is at sea level. So spot the Broncos a 17% aerobic advantage. 

I’m 3-3 in our last three contests, and I picked us to beat the Bengals, lose to the Texans, and then beat the Panthers.  I feel like I have a good sense of who were are and what we can do, but my gut feeling isn’t great about this Denver game.  They’re coming off a truly miserable loss to the 49’s, and they’re playing at home.  The biggest reason I’m not picking us to win is their defense, and OUR defense.  We don’t do so well against the rush, and I’m worried we’re not going to have Denzel back yet.  Just look at the point totals surrendered by the Broncos this year, and it’s pretty darn good.  They had one weird game against the Jets, gave up 30 to the Chiefs, and I think those are their only really BAD games of the year.  They get after the QB, and they’re stingy with the points.  At this moment, I’m picking Denver to win, but man…I REALLY want to see us pull it out, and I think it CAN happen, but not if we’re careless with the football again and we don’t force more turnovers. 

GO BROWNIES!!  Prove me wrong, guys.  

2 hours ago, Unsympathetic said:

Normal time to acclimatize to 5200' from sea level is 1-3 days.. so they'll be fine if they fly out on W/R.

I lived in Denver for a year.. the altitude isn't that big of a deal unless you don't account for it.

So, you are saying that the Browns should have left for Denver today. Are they leaving today?  Or at least tomorrow?

1 hour ago, TexasAg1969 said:

As to the game itself I look for them to study the Houston game with us, so I hope we are too.

I studied the Houston game too....and have some advice:  don't throw interceptions!!  I was in the stadium for that game....its like I feel that I jinxed him.

So, put the blame on me.

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

I studied the Houston game too....and have some advice:  don't throw interceptions!!  I was in the stadium for that game....its like I feel that I jinxed him.

So, put the blame on me.

I would have to review the tape to see what you did. LOL!😂

The way I see it, IF we win, it’ll be an all out war.  I don’t see either team really dominating, as Denver’s offense is pretty banged up, but their defense really gets after the QB and I could see us piling up the holding penalties and stalling out.  If we’re going to win, we’re going to do it on the ground.  If Nick Chubb can bust a couple of big runs, and he can consistently keep us in 3rd and short, we have a chance to move the ball and milk the clock.  One of the other keys for us will be to continue our remarkable red zone streak that has us going for 14 touchdowns in our last 14 trips to the red zone.  Let that sink in for a moment, and then think back to last year.  *shiver*

We’re also without Denzel Ward again, and that’s a colossal blow.  Although I’m not as scared of Denver’s passing attack, Case Keenum has all the confidence in the world, and he will definitely try to squeeze the ball in there.  It would’ve been a perfect game for Denzel, but we won’t have him, so we’ll have to adjust.  Even though we won last week, the Panthers really should’ve converted on that goal line trip.  Cam missed two passes that NFL QB’s HAVE to make, and while coverage was decent, the receivers were still open.  It’s unlikely that Case misses opportunities like that, so we’ll have to tighten up. 

All that being said, make no mistake that the Broncos’ offense starts and ends with their RB Lindsay.  Our rushing defense hasn’t been great for several weeks, and if we can’t stop him, we’ll be in for a LONG DAY.  We’ll have to figure out ways to stuff the run, get them in 3rd and long, and make Case uncomfortable all night long.  He’s pretty decent under pressure, and I remember watching him last year when he’d somehow throw a ball with 2 linemen in his face and he’d complete down the field.  He’s a risk taker, so Myles will definitely have opportunities to strip the ball, and I know he’s focused on doing just that. 

Our offense really should shine if we limit the penalties and turnovers.  Denver can get to the QB, but if they don’t get home, they are not good in the secondary.  They’ve given up a bunch of passing TD’s, and they’re also not great against the run.  The weather is expected to be PERFECT, and this could be a game where we hand it to Chubb 30 times.  It’s imperative that we don’t get down early so we can continue to pound the rock.  If you have Chubb in fantasy, I’d start him for sure this week (duh).  We’ll have to keep throwing quick passes and take calculated deep shots with added protection, but since the Broncos’ secondary is so banged up, I see our receivers winning on their routes and getting open for Baker.  Don’t be shocked to see us punt once or twice early as we feel them out.  I don’t believe we’ll see the very early aggressiveness like we did last week.  But hey, what do I know?  Their secondary is weak and Freddie might decide to go for the jugular.  However, the vision in my head has us playing more ball control, draining the clock, running the ball, moving the rock with precision, short passes to neutralize that vaunted QB rush. 

I’m old school, so I have a VERY difficult time picking the Browns to beat the Broncos, ESPECIALLY at Denver.  We just don’t ever seem to beat them, no matter WHAT year it is, LOL.  HOWEVER…it’s a new day in Cleveland, and what better way to prove it than vanquishing a historical rival, right?  I’m 3 for my last 3 picking Browns games, so I’m flying high, LOL.  I’m going with the Browns in this game, on national TV, in a rather ugly game.  We’re down 7 at half time, but we rally in the second half behind the arm of Baker, the hands of Jarvis, and the legs of Nick Chubb.  Myles Garrett finally gets another strip-sack, and it sets up the winning drive late in the 4th quarter. 

Browns – 26

Broncos - 24

On 12/12/2018 at 12:37 AM, Clevfan4life said:

yeah I think we should go easy on the "whip their asses" talk.....but I def feel it's winnable. I wouldn't have dreamed of saying that before the season, even just a few weeks ago. But the offense can actually stay on the field now. Which is "huge" for our defense and it's limited rotational quality. 

If the 49er game is the only one you saw, you might not know the real Broncos' team.  This team has a habit of turning it on and off.  I can promise you they will be ready for us.  Baker will need some magic to win this one.  

broncos are injured and their only playmaker is lindsey I believe some of you are giving them to much credit scoring We ride Chubb and then burn them downfield Browns 28 donkeys 10

10 minutes ago, ATOM said:

broncos are injured and their only playmaker is lindsey I believe some of you are giving them to much credit scoring We ride Chubb and then burn them downfield Browns 28 donkeys 10

We will not ride Chubb against that D, but we can integrate his play in the short passing game and PA game. We will have to play like the second half of Houston game.

Injury report for both teams.

https://www.denverbroncos.com/team/injury-report/

7 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

We will not ride Chubb against that D, but we can integrate his play in the short passing game and PA game. We will have to play like the second half of Houston game.

Injury report for both teams.

https://www.denverbroncos.com/team/injury-report/

I believe we will let chubb and miller over rush  on the outside and feed Chubb on a draws and screen plays infact i would not be surprised if Chubb gets over 100 yards combined 

6 minutes ago, ATOM said:

I believe we will let chubb and miller over rush  on the outside and feed Chubb on a draws and screen plays infact i would not be surprised if Chubb gets over 100 yards combined 

Pretty much what I said. But we will not be able to ride him strictly as a RB taking handoffs in a straight running game. Miller is hard to fool and often his best move is speed to the outside and spin move back inside past the off balance OT. RBs with draws often meet him at the LOS when he does that. Miller has not lost any of that 4.4 speed yet.

22 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Pretty much what I said. But we will not be able to ride him strictly as a RB taking handoffs in a straight running game. Miller is hard to fool and often his best move is speed to the outside and spin move back inside past the off balance OT. RBs with draws often meet him at the LOS when he does that. Miller has not lost any of that 4.4 speed yet.

You are sure sucking on Miller’s schmekel a lot 

On 12/12/2018 at 12:37 AM, Clevfan4life said:

yeah I think we should go easy on the "whip their asses" talk.....but I def feel it's winnable. I wouldn't have dreamed of saying that before the season, even just a few weeks ago. But the offense can actually stay on the field now. Which is "huge" for our defense and it's limited rotational quality. 

2 worries......stopping the run and von miller......can we ever stop the opposing team for smacking us in the mouth on the opening drive....just once  i'd like to see us defer the opening kickoff and stop the other team on a 3 and out....just once....

Archived