THE BROWNS BOARD

Would You Shut Down Denzel Ward or Baker Mayfield?

jiggins7919

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Why are you getting your sphincter puckered over this very reasonable reply to your post?

Because he's all bent out of shape I locked his precious thread. I'm so unreasonable ya know. Like there's never been posts deleted for inappropriate content, or threads deleted or locked before. BTW, Zombo agreed with my POV.

13 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Because he's all bent out of shape I locked his precious thread. I'm so unreasonable ya know. Like there's never been posts deleted for inappropriate content, or threads deleted or locked before. BTW, Zombo agreed with my POV.

You mean the draft thread?  I don't think he needs to worry....there will be hundreds more where that came from eventually.

Hell....I even asked to have one of my threads blocked, or deleted.  Charlie Frye, Charlie Frye, Charlie Frye!!

But NOT JC Tretter....that is relevent. 

16 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

You mean the draft thread?  I don't think he needs to worry....there will be hundreds more where that came from eventually.

Hell....I even asked to have one of my threads blocked, or deleted.  Charlie Frye, Charlie Frye, Charlie Frye!!

But NOT JC Tretter....that is relevent. 

It wasn't time, it was all over the map going in circles, going nowhere. We don't even know yet which players aren't going  to have their contracts renewed, released (Dalton mabe?) or potential free agents that will be franchised. Sheeze, it was I say potato, you say rutabaga. :)

Somebody got all defensive when I pointed out that Lewan reupped his contract.

3 minutes ago, hoorta said:

It wasn't time, it was all over the map going in circles, going nowhere. We don't even know yet which players aren't going  to have their contracts renewed, released (Dalton mabe?) or potential free agents that will be franchised. Sheeze, it was I say potato, you say rutabaga. :)

I don't know if I have ever actually eaten rutabaga.   Got any recipes?

Do they make rutabaga wine?

Just now, The Gipper said:

I don't know if I have ever actually eaten rutabaga.   Got any recipes?

Do they make rutabaga wine?

Don't know about rutabaga wine, never had rutabaga either. I have seen a recipe for green tomato wine. Think I'll pass on that one. :)

Originator of a thread can delete it under "Moderation Options" at top of 1st page and bottom of last page.

Used to be able to lock them as well, but I no longer see that option.

28 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Originator of a thread can delete it under "Moderation Options" at top of 1st page and bottom of last page.

Used to be able to lock them as well, but I no longer see that option.

Mods (at least some of them) Can still Pin, Move, Merge, Lock, or Delete a thread.  Z is the one who will more frequently merge or move a thread when he feels it's appropriate. He's essentially the Uber Moderator now that Stan is no longer with us. Can do stuff I don't have access to- like mess with Steeler trolls screen names, and has the "nuclear" button. One push, and everything a poster ever put up on the Board goes bye-bye.  BTW, when I was with Stan for the Steeler game- that was the time Ghoolie started his should I stay or should I go poll, Ate mentioned to  me for kicks and giggles he could have pulled up a few hundred inactive accounts and voted adios.   :)  

BTW, Just sad somebody is having a temper tantrum taking it as a personal affront I would dare lock a thread. I've shot several PMs his way, and gotten nowhere. Z would have reamed him out on the Board, but I don't operate that way. Can't please everyone. 

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

Whattay mean H.   You'll drink anything!!:lol:

LOL, um- no. If you've been following along, not Miller, anything with mint in it, flavored beers (like pumpkin), Fireball, Jagermeister, and New Zealand sauvignon blancs.  Probably a few others that don't instantly come to mind.  :)  

37 minutes ago, hoorta said:

LOL, um- no. If you've been following along, not Miller, anything with mint in it, flavored beers (like pumpkin), Fireball, Jagermeister, and New Zealand sauvignon blancs.  Probably a few others that don't instantly come to mind.  :)  

Eh.....what have you got against the Kiwis?  I've got distant cousins in New Zealand.

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

Thought seriously about opening a bottle of Premier Cru Sauternes Chateaux Guirand for the in-laws for Xmas dinner, but then I thought to myself, "These people are Boones Farm connoisseurs so fuck it, a $10 Italian Moscato it is!" Pearls before swine.  LOL!🍾😘

Ok well since hoorta talked about it then i guess it isnt private. I pm'd him that he was a chickenshit for locking threads right as he did what he accused me of doing. Namely thst i referred to an outdated FA list thst didnt have Lewan as resigned. So he stated that ansah might be franchised to which i then had to make a new thread stating to him that he missed his due dilligence in not seeing thst ansah was franchised last year, which is why he got 17m this year.....something he will get from "no one" this upcoming year. Thats all i wanted to mention to him but apparently zombo locked that one, not sure why. It was still cordial between us at that point.

My point earlier was if ur gonna butthurt lock threads, then dont fucking respond to any of my posts. I cant put this douche on ignore because he's a mod....so im hoping we just respectfully ignore each other cause i have no time for dbags that use their moderatorship on an "internet sports forum" like a personal editing tool. Nothing even mildly insulting transpired on the public side of this forum but after the 2nd lock, sure, it was like hey chickenshit u can respond to a post like a normal adult instead of a teenage snowflake who cant handle a contrary statement to a previous assertion.

As for the first thread, i give no fucks thst people didnt think it was wise to trade out of the first round....it was simoly my opinion, other people have theirs. I didnt insult anyone cause they disagreed with me. Thats kind of what a public forum is about, people expressing ideas that others may or may not agree with. 

Someone made a thread about shutting baker down now when he has the very real potential of winning roty honors. Some people agree some people dont......that is how tjis shit works right? 

20 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

Ok well since hoorta talked about it then i guess it isnt private. I pm'd him that he was a chickenshit for locking threads right as he did what he accused me of doing. Namely thst i referred to an outdated FA list thst didnt have Lewan as resigned. So he stated that ansah might be franchised to which i then had to make a new thread stating to him that he missed his due dilligence in not seeing thst ansah was franchised last year, which is why he got 17m this year.....something he will get from "mo one" this upcoming year. Thats all i wanted to mention to him but apparently zombo locked that one, not sure why. It was still cordial between us at that point.

My point earlier was if ur gonna butthurt lock threads, then dont fucking respond to any of my posts. I cant put this douche on ignore because he's a mod....so im hoping we just respectfully ignore each other cause i have no time for dbags that use their moderatorship on an "internet sports forum" like a personal editing tool. Nothing even mildly insulting transpired on the public side of this forum but after the 2nd lock, sure, it was like hey chickenshit u can respond to a post like a normal adult instead of a teenage snowflake who cant handle a contrary statement to a previous assertion.

As for the first thread, i give no fucks thst people didnt think it was wise to trade out of the first round....it was simoly my opinion, other people have theirs. I didnt insult anyone cause they disagreed with me. Thats kind of what a public forum is about, people expressing ideas that others may or may not agree with. 

Someone made a thread about shutting baker down now when he has the very real potential of winning roty honors. Some people agree some people dont......that is how tjis shit works right? 

Dude...clean the sand out of your diaper and move on for Christs sake. 

4 hours ago, hoorta said:

You are unreasonable..... :) 

But I agree as well. That thread was going nowhere and was a waste of space. 

No need for all the hostility gentlemen. The most hostile, by 1000 times, Ghoolie has stepped off from doing that, and it seems clear the main reason was because of the owners passing. Furthermore, this is the season to celebrate our Lords birth. So can we please stop with the "I know you are but what am I" stuff

2 hours ago, Mark O said:

You are unreasonable..... :) 

But I agree as well. That thread was going nowhere and was a waste of space. 

I didn't appreciate being called chickenshit, so it escalated from there. If it had been Zombo both you and I know if he had called John that, he would have ripped him a new one on the board.  Ahem, somebody needs to take a chill pill and grow the f* up. And if he hates me forever for locking a thread- well that's on him.

PS Cleve- regarding the locked thread. The score is Moderators 3, Clevefan 0. So it's not just me. Go look in a mirror before you go spouting off.

Sorry guys for the off topic explanation.

4 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Eh.....what have you got against the Kiwis?  I've got distant cousins in New Zealand.

I have nothing against the Kiwis, but they could do better on their wines. Almost all NZ sauvignon blancs smell like chopped up tomato plants to me, and their pinot noirs are- well, sort of thin and not to my taste.

3 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Thought seriously about opening a bottle of Premier Cru Sauternes Chateaux Guirand for the in-laws for Xmas dinner, but then I thought to myself, "These people are Boones Farm connoisseurs so fuck it, a $10 Italian Moscato it is!" Pearls before swine.  LOL!🍾😘

A wise decision Ag. I haven't decided on the Christmas wines yet,  have a good friend who's coming over- maybe a German Auslese and an old Bordeaux. Some folks don't know, or appreciate what they're getting. For many years, when the nephews and nieces have been getting married Uncle Larry has given them wines from their respective birth years. Outside of the coolness factor, I have to wonder if they really enjoyed them. 

PS- I'm almost depleted on my stock of old Sauternes. I do have a bottle of Chateau d'Yquem from our anniversary year- 1986, but you had better believe that's going to be opened with a few select fellow winos who will know and appreciate the stuff.  :) 

39 minutes ago, hoorta said:

I didn't appreciate being called chickenshit, so it escalated from there. If it had been Zombo both you and I know if he had called John that, he would have ripped him a new one on the board.  Ahem, somebody needs to take a chill pill and grow the f* up. And if he hates me forever for locking a thread- well that's on him.

PS Cleve- regarding the locked thread. The score is Moderators 3, Clevefan 0. So it's not just me. Go look in a mirror before you go spouting off.

Sorry guys for the off topic explanation.

I really dont know what ur scoring there but ur free to it, ur just acting like a child....children do that. Pls ignore me now as i will u.

20 minutes ago, hoorta said:

PS- I'm almost depleted on my stock of old Sauternes. I do have a bottle of Chateau d'Yquem from our anniversary year- 1986, but you had better believe that's going to be opened with a few select fellow winos who will know and appreciate the stuff.  :) 

I better buy an open ended airplane ticket in that case.🤩

I brought that one I have back from a visit with a tour by the owner in Sauternes. Just could not bring myself to open it because I keep it at the right temp in a vibration free wine fridge. It should be opened for me on my deathbed, cause it will last that long or longer.☠️🏆

1 hour ago, Gunz41 said:

Furthermore, this is the season to celebrate our Lords birth. So can we please stop with the "I know you are but what am I" stuff

I have no idea of this "Lord" you speak of, but my Festivus pole went up nicely. No tinsel on it, of course, I find tinsel distracting. 

And now, the Airing of the Grievances. 

3 hours ago, hoorta said:

I have nothing against the Kiwis, but they could do better on their wines. Almost all NZ sauvignon blancs smell like chopped up tomato plants to me, and their pinot noirs are- well, sort of thin and not to my taste.

A wise decision Ag. I haven't decided on the Christmas wines yet,  have a good friend who's coming over- maybe a German Auslese and an old Bordeaux. Some folks don't know, or appreciate what they're getting. For many years, when the nephews and nieces have been getting married Uncle Larry has given them wines from their respective birth years. Outside of the coolness factor, I have to wonder if they really enjoyed them. 

I know I was just making a joke about the Keewee’s. Actually I don’t think I’ve ever heard of New Zealand wine or ever had any. I have had an Australian wines and a lot of them are pretty good but not New Zealand. 🇳🇿 

5 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

I really dont know what ur scoring there but ur free to it, ur just acting like a child....children do that. Pls ignore me now as i will u.

I'll just say this, and then drop it. The above proves your grasp of reality is pretty bad, and you have an inflated opinion of your posting skills. You're the one acting like a child- crying (and then posting a thread Zombo deleted) bitching about it. The 3-0 is the other two Moderators happen to agree I was well within my rights to lock the thread. You're the one that's way off base here pal.  I guarantee if you had called Zombo a chickenshit- he would have kicked you off for a week, and had some choice words about you bitching to a Moderator. 

5 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I better buy an open ended airplane ticket in that case.🤩

I brought that one I have back from a visit with a tour by the owner in Sauternes. Just could not bring myself to open it because I keep it at the right temp in a vibration free wine fridge. It should be opened for me on my deathbed, cause it will last that long or longer.☠️🏆

Yup, Sauternes from a good year properly stored will last damn near forever. I opened a 50 year old Lafaurie-Peyraguey on my 50th birthday, and it was in fine shape. d'Yquems will last even longer than that.  :)  

Archived