THE BROWNS BOARD

Did trump take a backhanded dig at Clemson here?

Clevfan4life

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

You must remember better than I do but I don't recall him actually being a primary candidate. Maybe.

WSS

It was on the Reform party ticket

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donald_Trump_2000_presidential_campaign

42 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

He was angling for the nomination for the Reform Party in 2000. He didn't receive the nomination but it didn't matter because he pulled out saying that the party was just too dysfunctional of which I have no doubt.

WSS

I’m sure it was. After all didn’t it have Ross Perot and Jessie the Body? 

17 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Everybody always says they want independe t candidates. Until they get one oh, and they decide they just love Republicans Or democrats no matter what.

WSS

It also stated that Trump thought Oprah would be a good VP running mate. 

1 hour ago, MLD Woody said:

It speaks to Trump's abilities as a conman that many now think he is some tried and true conservative.

... Or it speaks to how politically divided our country is and how stupid some people are in the name of their "team"

Actually it speaks to your compulsion to feign shick and outrage when you find out that a politician is full of shit and has switched positions. Or God forbid actually had different ideas long ago, either way.

WSS

49 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Actually it speaks to your compulsion to feign shick and outrage when you find out that a politician is full of shit and has switched positions. Or God forbid actually had different ideas long ago, either way.

WSS

Oh here we go with typical steve again.... claiming I'm outraged over something I'm not even close to being outraged about... just so he can feel correct....

what a surprise.... 

Haven't you seen our other posters on here? Politicians aren't allowed to think different things? Cue Dems saying things about abortion and immigration in the past...

Besides, this goes beyond a politician's ideas evolving over time. That's pretty apparent given his past. But whatever

58 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

WSS

Only there is zero evidence to support holding his current "ideals" long ago.  Or really anytime before Trump started positioning himself to make a bid into the political realm.  

The man knows how to market himself.  Point blank.   He is absolutely great at that.    So when you go to market yourself it's best to sell a product that you know will be successful.  Which is exactly what the President did/does.        No different from most any other politician.  

Just now, tiamat63 said:

Only there is zero evidence to support holding his current "ideals" long ago.  Or really anytime before Trump started positioning himself to make a bid into the political realm.  

that's true. So? If you're voting for a guy does it matter when he became enlightened on whatever positions you espouse? Or do you vote for a guy that hasn't changed since he was 16 even if he disagrees with you on everything?

The man knows how to market himself. 

that's what wins championships in the political Arena.

Point blank.   He is absolutely great at that.    So when you go to market yourself it's best to sell a product that you know will be successful.  Which is exactly what the President did/does.        No different from most any other politician.  

wasn't that pretty much my point?

WSS

Just now, Westside Steve said:

I tend to research whom I cast my vote for - I don't like being patronized which is what I feel a bulk of politicians do.   So would I vote for somebody that would completely flip script before an office run simply to garner votes?   Nope.    I think it's disingenuous. 

17 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

I tend to research whom I cast my vote for - I don't like being patronized which is what I feel a bulk of politicians do.   So would I vote for somebody that would completely flip script before an office run simply to garner votes?   Nope.    I think it's disingenuous. 

Fair enough. Usually I think of which issues are important to me and which aren't. For instance we know where LBJ stood on Negroes and yet he signed the Civil Rights Act. Disingenuous?

WSS

24 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

For instance we know where LBJ stood on Negroes and yet he signed the Civil Rights Act. Disingenuous?

WSS

Uhhh, yes? He signed it for that very opportunism tia stated...and not because afrixan americans would then vote democrat, but the burgeoning liberal movement comprised of mostly decent white people were looking to shun white americas evil history with non whites. Thats what he was capitalizing on. From "that personal" perspective...yes ofc it was disingenuous. 

The guy told thurgood marshal "i like to let people know i appointed a N*****"........im actually surprised LBJ isnt an icon of the right. He called the 57 CR act the "N***** bill". 

According to historian Doris Kearns Goodwin, he also uttered this cynical-sounding statement, which sometimes circulates in tandem with the “voting Democratic” remark:

These Negroes, they’re getting pretty uppity these days and that’s a problem for us since they’ve got something now they never had before, the political pull to back up their uppityness. Now we’ve got to do something about this, we’ve got to give them a little something, just enough to quiet them down, not enough to make a difference. For if we don’t move at all, then their allies will line up against us and there’ll be no way of stopping them, we’ll lose the filibuster and there’ll be no way of putting a brake on all sorts of wild legislation. It’ll be Reconstruction all over again.

2 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Slavery? Somebody ought to put an end to that.

I'm going to free mine as soon as they finished shoveling the driveway I promise.

You two should write your Senator or Congressman first thing in the morning.

WSS

I shoveled my driveway. 2 foot drifts. So easy when you are not scared to wotk

my self driven snow blower rocks. I keep doing our neighbors drive along with ours, just because it's so much fun.

I need a few more feet of snow to hit.

On 1/18/2019 at 3:47 PM, Clevfan4life said:

I bet that shit has more nutrition than what Trump served them. Honestly

If you're this concerned about their, not your, nutrition, maybe you should consider investing in a breast pump.  Start collecting for next year.  Be a proactive nurturer.

21 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Been eating that way since March.

WSS

not that it's hard to make, but if you're even semi proficient in the kitchen you should have "zero" issue making bone broth. Take a day or two a week and just drink that. It's nothing but pure protein and vitamins/minerals. You can literally live off bone broth and it's cheap to make. Give your system a day or two a week where it doesn't have to digest and process solid food. 

Archived