THE BROWNS BOARD

Who is the bigger idiot

LondonBrown

5 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

What did you expect from a MahOUmo fan?

Is he in OU fan I don’t know about that I don’t care what team is a fan of he has to be realistic about the draft.  I know that the prejudice against shorter quarterbacks maybe going out the window. But I’m not sure that applies yet to a guy that’s like 5 foot seven

10 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Really. If they are arguing that where are the statistics that support it. Show me where Anywhere or football players make more on average than baseball players. I’m perfectly willing to see those statistics

There aren't any statistics. There are multiple people on this thread stating that he would make more money in football than in baseball. Which is why Dutch/flying said on average baseball players make more than football players. Then you go and start spouting your nonsensical shit about roster size and blah blah blah blah blah blah blah. I didn't see Dutch/flying say anything about roster size or cap room you just brought that up yourself. All I saw them state was it the average salary of an MLB player is higher than the average salary of an NFL player

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, bjh2130 said:

There aren't any statistics. There are multiple people on this thread stating that he would make more money in football than in baseball. Which is why Dutch/flying said on average baseball players make more than football players. Then you go and start spouting your nonsensical shit about roster size and blah blah blah blah blah blah blah. I didn't see Dutch/flying say anything about roster size or cap room you just brought that up yourself. All I saw them state was it the average salary of an MLB player is higher than the average salary of an NFL player

So they are right there. A baseball player does on average make more than the average football player. And I am right the reason they make more is because the roster size of football are so much larger ,over double then a baseball team. I think only person who’s arguing anything is yourself with yourself.  Maybe as English say you should keep yourself to yourself before you confuse yourself

8 hours ago, The Gipper said:

So they are right there. A baseball player does on average make more than the average football player. And I am right the reason they make more is because the roster size of football are so much larger ,over double then a baseball team. I think only person who’s arguing anything is yourself with yourself.  Maybe as English say you should keep yourself to yourself before you confuse yourself

No one was talking about why. No one cared about why. that was not part of the discussion until you brought it up. It had nothing to do with debate/conversation.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Sigh.

That's all I can say about this. 

Sigh. 

It did go downhill quite quickly. 

For added fuel to the fire.  Read somewhere today that Antwaan Randle El who was drafted in both football and baseball said if he could do it over, he'd play baseball instead.   So there's that. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Mark O said:

It did go downhill quite quickly. 

For added fuel to the fire.  Read somewhere today that Antwaan Randle El who was drafted in both football and baseball said if he could do it over, he'd play baseball instead.   So there's that. 

Of comments that I have seen most players that had the option to play both but chose football have said that if they could go back they would have played baseball. But again that just might be the grass is greener on the other side type thing. I haven't actually seen any players that could have played both but chose baseball comment on this. Like I want to see what Jeff Samardzija, Kirk Gibson Todd Helton etc would say.

14 minutes ago, bjh2130 said:

Of comments that I have seen most players that had the option to play both but chose football have said that if they could go back they would have played baseball. But again that just might be the grass is greener on the other side type thing. I haven't actually seen any players that could have played both but chose baseball comment on this. Like I want to see what Jeff Samardzija, Kirk Gibson Todd Helton etc would say.

I think that probably goes with the length of career which will most often be longer in baseball than football.     Although watching two 40+ year old QB's play yesterday, the NFL QB's career can certainly last longer than it used to in the old days.  That just doesn't apply to other positions in football though.   As long as a guy can hit or get guys out (even for 1 inning) your baseball career can last quite awhile.

• 7 months later...
2 hours ago, BaconHound said:

I'd bet against a successful NFL career for Murray but wouldn't call him an idiot.  He may very well get bounced out of the NFL in 3-4 years and go play baseball at 28

He actually didn't look that bad for his first ever start and the only #1 QB pick to tie in his first start. Most lose going way back in time.

Throws a nice spinner!

• Upvote 1