THE BROWNS BOARD

Conference Finals live Chat room

gumby73

2 hours ago, Nero said:

With the number of the state? Only US citizens care to learn that. The program asks you for a state then you click on it. 

I'm pretty good a geography too. Fun fact, I'd say that it is easier to learn the countries in Europe because they have a lot of History behind them. French-Spanish wars, Portugal allied with Spain, French always having trouble with the Channel, the isolationist Britain, Rome (the now Italy) being a Mediterranean power, Austorhungarian Empire on WWI, Germany invading Poland... 

You can mess up with some smaller countries closer to Russia (the steel curtain was not only a metaphor) or the Balkans due to recent wars, but you can make your way around... 

Because it was the subject of a lot of books by my favorite author,...who wrote a lot of historical fiction about it,  I have had some interest in the battle sites of the Peninsular War.

battles_peninsular_war.jpg

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Because it was the subject of a lot of books by my favorite author,...who wrote a lot of historical fiction about it,  I have had some interest in the battle sites of the Peninsular War.

LOL Gipper- I like this map of Spain better.  :D Rioja was the wine & area that got me to realize there were better wines than Boone's Farm and Annie Green Springs.  If you look way down at the bottom right near Murcia way, the wine I really like, and wowed Tex Ag (Clio) is from the Jumilla region...  Also, near Gibraltar you have Jerez de La Frontera, the home of "real" sherry....  Some of the areas that are currently on wine aficionados hot list with rapidly rising prices are Toro and Ribera del Duero.  OK, I can't help myself, I'm on a roll- when the Duero River crosses into Portugal it name changes to the Duro, and if you see that town on the Atlantic Porto, that's where "real" port comes from, and I don't accept any American or Australian imitations as anywhere close to the real thing.    

Image result for wine growing regions of spain map

5 minutes ago, hoorta said:

LOL Gipper- I like this map of Spain better.  :D Rioja was the wine & area that got me to realize there were better wines than Boone's Farm and Annie Green Springs.  If you look way down at the bottom right, the wine I really like, and wowed Tex Ag (Clio) is from the Jumilla region...  Also, near Gibraltar you have Jerez de La Frontera, the home of "real" sherry....  Some of the areas that are currently on wine aficionados hot list with rapidly rising prices are Toro and Ribera del Duero.  OK, I can't help myself, I'm on a roll- when the Duero River crosses into Portugal it name changes to the Duro, and if you see that town on the Atlantic Porto, that's where "real" port comes from, and I don't accept any American or Australian imitations as anywhere close to the real thing.    

I'm amazed that a map made in Seattle mentions Hondarribi, my mom's hometown in Basque Country (though it is touching with France and you don't see it highlighted). 

36 minutes ago, hoorta said:

LOL Gipper- I like this map of Spain better.  :D Rioja was the wine & area that got me to realize there were better wines than Boone's Farm and Annie Green Springs.  If you look way down at the bottom right near Murcia way, the wine I really like, and wowed Tex Ag (Clio) is from the Jumilla region...  Also, near Gibraltar you have Jerez de La Frontera, the home of "real" sherry....  Some of the areas that are currently on wine aficionados hot list with rapidly rising prices are Toro and Ribera del Duero.  OK, I can't help myself, I'm on a roll- when the Duero River crosses into Portugal it name changes to the Duro, and if you see that town on the Atlantic Porto, that's where "real" port comes from, and I don't accept any American or Australian imitations as anywhere close to the real thing.    

Its a better map....but it doesn't show the Battles of the Peninsular War......It just shows where best to get drunk.....which of course, would be important if you were there fighting a war.

On 1/20/2019 at 10:34 PM, D Bone said:

I'm looking forward to the Super Bowl just like I have for most of my 51 years of life. I'll update this forum with the score, since it seems no one else will be watching.

Carry on with the conspiracy theories, I always like a good fiction novel before bed...... Go Rams, and most importantly:  

RUN THE BALL SEAN!! :lol::lol::lol:

That was GREAT!   I got 2 minutes abs after I hit the deck laughing at your clinic on how to be the biggest BASTARD in 1 easy post. 

6 hours ago, Flugel said:

That was GREAT!   I got 2 minutes abs after I hit the deck laughing at your clinic on how to be the biggest BASTARD in 1 easy post. 

I'm here for ya brother!

Archived