THE BROWNS BOARD

2019 BROWNS BOARD DRAFT ....COMMENTS IN HERE PLEASE

darren15

Assuming I can drum up enough folk to fill out the GM spots.... it looks to me like Saturday, March 16 would be a good day to kick this off.

• FA is over.
  • Initial wave of trades will be done.

What say y'all?

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, Nero said:

How much time do we have to make our picks each round?

As little as possible... ;)

We try to keep flow going, but understand that there will be times when someone just is not available... such as overnite here in the States.

Early rounds we're more patiently impatient... :) . But as the rounds go by, and the picks become less critical, we will get antsy after a couple hours.

I will send PMs (when I am awake and online) to at least the next three who will be picking. In our baseball parlance this is: At Bat... On Deck... and... In The Hole.

If you see one of your teams coming up and know you will not be online to make the pick, you can send three (or so) alternative picks in order of preference to your Commissioner (me) and I'll make the pick for you.

• Thanks 1

Not sure how the commish wants to run it but when I did it I had 3 separate threads, 1 was player drafted by position 1 player drafted by team and 1 with the actual draft order and picks for each round ...... no trades, that would cause havoc :)

19 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Assuming I can drum up enough folk to fill out the GM spots.... it looks to me like Saturday, March 16 would be a good day to kick this off.

• FA is over.
  • Initial wave of trades will be done.

What say y'all?

Here here.        What time though?

15 hours ago, darren15 said:

Not sure how the commish wants to run it but when I did it I had 3 separate threads, 1 was player drafted by position 1 player drafted by team and 1 with the actual draft order and picks for each round ...... no trades, that would cause havoc :)

Same this year... plus will have the parallel thread for "discussion" of picks made to keep the Draft thread's chitchat to a minimum.

Also in the past every few picks Gipper has posted running lists of the Top Ten prospects on the Board per CBS.com's rankings.

15 hours ago, jcam222 said:

Where is the running record of the picks kept? How is one notified when they are on the clock? Are trades allowed?

I think we'll go without Board trades again this year... maybe next time. However, any real life trades that are made before we begin our draft will be reflected in our draft order.

17 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

I will send PMs (when I am awake and online) to at least the next three who will be picking. In our baseball parlance this is: At Bat... On Deck... and... In The Hole.

If you see one of your teams coming up and know you will not be online to make the pick, you can send three (or so) alternative picks in order of preference to your Commissioner (me) and I'll make the pick for you.

As darren replied we'll have three running threads (The Draft... Players Taken by Position... Players Taken by Team) with updated players picked listed in the OP of each thread.

Also...

6 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Same this year... plus will have the parallel thread for "discussion" of picks made to keep the Draft thread's chitchat to a minimum.

Also in the past every few picks Gipper has posted running lists of the Top Ten prospects on the Board per CBS.com's rankings.

BrownsMopar is "in" via PM...

17 hours ago, BrownsnMopar said:

I am extra busy this year, BUT give me the Saints and Chiefs! I will do my best! I love this board! 

darren....please update OP list.

6 hours ago, Zombo said:

I don't always check in here, so if you need a new thread pinned or things moved around and I don't see it, PM me.

... or call you? ;)

Just now, Tour2ma said:

Thanks... once we're full up I'll start the Threads and you can quit being a secretary... ;)

As long as you don't expect me to have an affair I am fine

13 hours ago, LondonBrown said:

Apologies guys but I’ll have to back out. I’m not around enough right now and to be frank, the Browns now not having a first round pick means I have no desire to research this draft. 

Pfft.... London "Mud" Brown is now your name. ;)

darren... One Post PM'd he's in, but needs to pick teams.

6 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Pfft.... London "Mud" Brown is now your name. ;)

darren... One Post PM'd he's in, but needs to pick teams.

Just let me know his teams

Sweet...

Need three more... here are the pairings left.

• 13. DOLPHINS - 14. FALCONS
  • 25. EAGLES - 26. COLTS
  • 27. BEARS  - 28. CHARGERS

Time to turn up the heat.... on Dutch and hoorta and mjp and jcam and nickers and the other regulars around here that aren't in as yet...

3 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Sweet...

Need three more... here are the pairings left.

• 13. DOLPHINS - 14. FALCONS
  • 25. EAGLES - 26. COLTS
  • 27. BEARS  - 28. CHARGERS

Time to turn up the heat.... on Dutch and hoorta and mjp and jcam and nickers and the other regulars around here that aren't in as yet...

Send a group message to them .......  threaten them with weekly O line messages :)

8 minutes ago, darren15 said:

Send a group message to them .......  threaten them with weekly O line messages :)

Already did and copied you in...

If you can think of more candidates let me know or copy paste my PM and send it along.