THE BROWNS BOARD

Of Course You Do Idiot!: Terrell Pryor...

nickers

2 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

Intelligent rebuttal. 

Edit: anyone over the age of 15 using the phrase butt hurt always struck me as....    just creepy.    But that's your business. 

To recap.    Pryor can catch and has demonstrated so.   You however believe the combination of attitude,  age,  bad blood and some potential in the pups is worth a more meaningful look without Pryor's presence.

There,  that wasn't so hard.  

Why is this so difficult for you?

I'm going to do you a favor and break down my statement again.

Maybe if you try to sound out the words in your head it will help.

"Pass. Our current 6th receiver, Derek Willies is 6'3 and actually catches balls thrown his way.

Zombo"

OK, let's break this down:

Pass. ... Here I am simply stating that we don't need him on the roster. This means that I feel we already have better options on our roster or can find better fits through the draft or free agency.

Our current 6th receiver ... Here I am recognizing your point about him competing for a 5th receiver spot by going one lower, this is again done to show that there is no need for him on the roster.

Derek Willies is 6'3 ... Here I am recognizing your point about Pryor's height by comparing him to a tall guy that we already have

and actually catches balls throw his way ... Ok, this might be where I'm losing you. Here I am saying that, from what I have seen, this similarly tall guy that we are developing has looked, to me, like he is reliable at catching the football. I am basing this on watching last year's preseason games, I saw them all, and the limited action I saw from Willies on the field. Also from Hard Knocks where I saw all of the episodes, and he was a favorite target of Mayfield. And I am also weighing in the fact that our coaching staff thought enough of him to keep him on the final 47 and actually played him ahead our own draft pick, Ratley, when we needed to press another rookie into action when we had a couple guys go down. At the same time this is also a slight, or you may say "diss", toward Terrele Pryor because I feel he is not reliable at catching  footballs. This based at watching him when he played for the Browns and by looking at his career catch% of 53% which is lower than any one on our roster last year. I also noticed that Washington, the Jets, and Buffalo all let him walked and/or benched him when he got opportunities the past two season.

OK, let's put it all together now:

"Pass. Our current 6th receiver, Derek Willies is 6'3 and actually catches balls thrown his way."

Translation:

I don't want him. Our 6th receiver provides height without being bad at catching passes.

I hope this works for you, that is about the best I can do. If adding a 
IMO" or "IMHO" helps, then maybe that is what is missing for you.

Zombo

5 hours ago, hoorta said:

LOL, not those two guys who just won rings with the Patriots. :)

LOL - but I was referring to other guys. It is great that Danny Shelton made one great play when he was in, and will get a superbowl ring, though.. Speakin of that...the Patriots booted corey coleman off their practice squad sometime in sept 2018...

2 hours ago, Zombo said:

Why is this so difficult for you?

I'm going to do you a favor and break down my statement again.

Maybe if you try to sound out the words in your head it will help.

"Pass. Our current 6th receiver, Derek Willies is 6'3 and actually catches balls thrown his way.

Zombo"

OK, let's break this down:

Pass. ... Here I am simply stating that we don't need him on the roster. This means that I feel we already have better options on our roster or can find better fits through the draft or free agency.

Our current 6th receiver ... Here I am recognizing your point about him competing for a 5th receiver spot by going one lower, this is again done to show that there is no need for him on the roster.

Derek Willies is 6'3 ... Here I am recognizing your point about Pryor's height by comparing him to a tall guy that we already have

and actually catches balls throw his way ... Ok, this might be where I'm losing you. Here I am saying that, from what I have seen, this similarly tall guy that we are developing has looked, to me, like he is reliable at catching the football. I am basing this on watching last year's preseason games, I saw them all, and the limited action I saw from Willies on the field. Also from Hard Knocks where I saw all of the episodes, and he was a favorite target of Mayfield. And I am also weighing in the fact that our coaching staff thought enough of him to keep him on the final 47 and actually played him ahead our own draft pick, Ratley, when we needed to press another rookie into action when we had a couple guys go down. At the same time this is also a slight, or you may say "diss", toward Terrele Pryor because I feel he is not reliable at catching  footballs. This based at watching him when he played for the Browns and by looking at his career catch% of 53% which is lower than any one on our roster last year. I also noticed that Washington, the Jets, and Buffalo all let him walked and/or benched him when he got opportunities the past two season.

OK, let's put it all together now:

"Pass. Our current 6th receiver, Derek Willies is 6'3 and actually catches balls thrown his way."

Translation:

I don't want him. Our 6th receiver provides height without being bad at catching passes.

I hope this works for you, that is about the best I can do. If adding a 
IMO" or "IMHO" helps, then maybe that is what is missing for you.

Zombo

tenor.gif?itemid=9210872

On 2/3/2019 at 10:43 AM, Zombo said:

Didn't say he couldnt catch, saying we've got more reliable options that are younger and in the system.

If I'm John Dorsey I'm gonna keep drafting young prospects and developing them for those bottom of the roster spots.

Pryor just failed with 3 teams. He had a big year with us when he was the only option. Career wise hes only 55% or lower catch rate and only 7 TDs in four seasons as a receiver. Not a model teammate. He has been given plenty of opportunities, no room for him on our roster anymore we are moving up and moving ahead with guys Dorsey is bringing aboard.

Z

Pryor is locker room CANCER. 110%. He was also a dude who groped and grabbed females at Ohio State when my best friend was going there and he'd have parties at his frat. You don't get kicked out of multiple parties if you're a football campus hero unless you're a complete asshole.

3 hours ago, stillmotion said:

Pryor is locker room CANCER. 110%. He was also a dude who groped and grabbed females at Ohio State when my best friend was going there and he'd have parties at his frat. You don't get kicked out of multiple parties if you're a football campus hero unless you're a complete asshole.

Concurs!

First im hearing of pryor ever being lockeroom cancer. Also first im hearing he doesnt catch balls. But willies might be the go to burner i dunno. What i do know is pryor is still "fast". Thats the one thing we're missing,  downfield seperation. Maybe perriman can be that guy too...but pryor can still completely dislodge himself from downfield coverage even with the elite db's in this league. He's not going to outcut them, but he will dragstrip most of them. 

Archived