THE BROWNS BOARD

***Official Super Bowl LIII Game Thread***

BrownsDawgPound

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

But I thought the NFL was giving this game to the Rams? Wasn't this game already bought and paid for? 

Goff decided to miss his reads and he bet heavy on the pats

37 minutes ago, Kvoethe said:

Goff decided to miss his reads and he bet heavy on the pats

they can make tee shirts that read ~GOFF was OFF~

Good game. I was rooting for the Rams, but man, Bill and Tom always find a way to make the other team look "off"......... Amazing run. 

4 hours ago, Axe said:

Goff is fucking terrible tonight

Really?  Just MHO- put Baker in a Rams uni and the Lalas win that game...   

4 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

Goff strikes me as a QB that needs like every piece to be perfect. He doesn't think right. It's hard to explain but my eye test says he's not seeing a lot of things and making the wrong last second snap decisions. 

Slow in his reads and missed a bunch of guys that were wide open....  

LOL, now when will Bill dump Brady for "diminishing skills". Only 1\2 serious.   Turned into Mr. Dink and Dunk.   How many passes did he throw that were longer than 20 yards?   He's damn lucky Edelman is incredible getting out of his breaks, and Tommy can hit him on timing routes- knowing exactly where he's going to be....  Helps mightily he has bullet proof protection from his O-line. Got sacked what was it once? the entire post season?  

36 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Really?  Just MHO- put Baker in a Rams uni and the Lalas win that game...   

No man... just no.

We all like Baker, but let's not elevate him too high just yet.

Two weeks to prepare and Belichick  is going to be making rookie Baker look just as bad or worse.

Just now, MLD Woody said:

No man... just no.

Two weeks to prepare and Belichick  is going to be making rookie Baker look just as bad or worse.

OK :)  but as I said before the game- my prediction was if the Rams couldn't pressure Brady consistently, the Patriots were going to win.  I can't believe how well  the Patsies o-line was able to protect him. He got touched what was it? Around three times, with one sack?  

So much for Ghoulies they're all a bunch of untalented fatasses...  

6 hours ago, hoorta said:

I can't believe how well  the Patsies o-line was able to protect him. He got touched what was it? Around three times, with one sack?  

So much for Ghoulies they're all a bunch of untalented fatasses...  

OL coach Dante Scarnecchia.. Pats draft OL every year than grab off the scrap pile every season.Dante to the Pats, is what Mickey was to Rocky;). He never sees the front pages. Belicheck can't stand the surface tablets. *here comes the Dutch conspiracy theory alert* Donte has a son Steve, that is the Asst to HC to Dan Quinn in Atl.. Dante's son Steve has a degree from Syracuse 'managing video operations".Steve worked under McDaniels at Denver, when the Broncos got fined 50k filming opposing teams walk-throughs..<<<I went there to get to here..Am not sure what Scarnecchia see's from that surface tablet;)..it still takes tremendous talent to slow down Rams D front, but the guy can make in game OL adjustments in 3 drives like none other. Brady barely gets touched start of 2nd quarter, just as the rest of Pats. playoff games... Dante Scarnecchia even has the looks & voices of the late Burgess Meredith  7FvB.gif    the guy is old school coaching amazingly, the new game          

9 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

No man... just no.

Rumor has it that the Browns may play the Pats on the Thursday night season opener.....because they see that perhaps as a passing of the torch.

That game was, to me at least,  the middle finger to America and the casual watcher that I loved seeing. 

It was refreshing seeing an actual war in the trenches again.     And for all the ranting and raving about offense during the regular season,  the teams left late and the one now standing did so on the strength of their defense. 

25 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

ton bradi?

When a guy's signature looks like this, are you surprised?  

Image result for trump signature

23 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Rumor has it that the Browns may play the Pats on the Thursday night season opener.....because they see that perhaps as a passing of the torch.

Checked the Schedule.. Considering the Patriots play the NFC East and the AFC North this year, possible. SB Champs always kick off the season at home...  More likely is a rematch with the Chiefs...  

13 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

No man... just no.

im not going to say the Rams would have won the game with Baker, that's impossible to say......BUT, I will say that Goff looks awful once his 1st and 2nd reads aren't there. We saw the tape of Baker all season long with less talent to work with than the Rams. Baker go's through his reads far, far ,far better than Goff. They took the run game away from Goff so he became helpless without his play action reads. We've seen Baker be equally as effective under center doing PA and dropping back into shotgun. IMO, Baker would have just gone into shotgun and nickel and dimed Belichicks defense till he was forced to defend that, then Baker takes his shot deep. Goff's deep shots were horrible, even when he had time to step into them. There was one pass he overthrew his WR by prob close to 10 yds. And then when he got flushed, he got flustered hard. Baker looks "way" better running sideways. He would have made more plays in that game with his feet. 

As I said, I can't predict an outright win....but I can say with Baker as their QB, they wouldn't have punted 30 straight times that game. No way. 

Last night just goes to show that Bill B. is the best coach in NFL history. I know people like Gipper might have a stroke to that statement (love ya buddy) but seriously, that game was was a master stroke. Make no mistake about it, the reason they won was on his shoulders. He turned the whole "NFL is changing to young offense" idea and flipped it upside down and peed on the ashes. Honestly, I "hate" the Pats as much as anyone else but I was in awe of how out coached the Rams were. Checkers v. Chess match without a doubt.

52 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

im not going to say the Rams would have won the game with Baker, that's impossible to say......BUT, I will say that Goff looks awful once his 1st and 2nd reads aren't there. We saw the tape of Baker all season long with less talent to work with than the Rams. Baker go's through his reads far, far ,far better than Goff. They took the run game away from Goff so he became helpless without his play action reads. We've seen Baker be equally as effective under center doing PA and dropping back into shotgun. IMO, Baker would have just gone into shotgun and nickel and dimed Belichicks defense till he was forced to defend that, then Baker takes his shot deep. Goff's deep shots were horrible, even when he had time to step into them. There was one pass he overthrew his WR by prob close to 10 yds. And then when he got flushed, he got flustered hard. Baker looks "way" better running sideways. He would have made more plays in that game with his feet. 

As I said, I can't predict an outright win....but I can say with Baker as their QB, they wouldn't have punted 30 straight times that game. No way. 

Another thing about Goff that I didn't like- how many times when he got pressured- and was rolling out- I was screaming "THROW IT AWAY!" Nope, took a very unnecessary sack instead. 

44 minutes ago, jrb12711 said:

Last night just goes to show that Bill B. is the best coach in NFL history. I know people like Gipper might have a stroke to that statement (love ya buddy) but seriously, that game was was a master stroke. Make no mistake about it, the reason they won was on his shoulders. He turned the whole "NFL is changing to young offense" idea and flipped it upside down and peed on the ashes. Honestly, I "hate" the Pats as much as anyone else but I was in awe of how out coached the Rams were. Checkers v. Chess match without a doubt.

I don't have a stroke....its just that it is ludicrous...because of the following perfectly logical argument:     BB is winning titles with the GOAT at QB.

Find me someone that can win without that advantage.

And....OK...I will help you out:

Joe Gibbs.   Joe Gibbs wins championships with  the likes of  Joe Theismann,   Doug Williams, Mark Rypien.  (not a HOF in the bunch)

Don Shula.  Wins titles with John Unitas and Bob Griese....and came close enough with Dan Marino. (OK, 3 HOF)

George Halas....Wins titles with guys name  Charles Brumbaugh, Bill Wade, and Sid Luckman  (Luckman HOF)

You can take Paul Brown also.....similar to BB in that he only won a title with just one arguably GOAT of a QB.

And you can take Lombardi.....won  5 titles in 7 years.....then his life was cut short by cancer.  So, hard to tell what else he may have had in him.

So....BB can be put in a discussion with at least these 5 other guys.  (some might also include the likes of Lambeau, Ewbank, Walsh, Landry)

So....he is in the mix of a conversation that may include like 10 guys including him..   

But, I am NOT putting him head and shoulders above any of those.  Not one bit.  

All this game showed me is that he can outmatch a 33 year old kid HC....and make a kid QB play like a deer in the headlight.  Which is fine....which an outstanding coach should do.   And he has outmatched the likes of like Andy Reid, Dan Quinn, Mike Martz,  and John Fox.  Those guys had some decent QBs.....none had a Tom Brady.  I mean, Brady vs. Delhomme?  How much coaching did that take...really  (and he only won that by 3 pts).  

But twice  Tom Coughlin had his number...and so did Doug Pederson...in title games. 

Like I said....let me know when BB can do what Joe Gibbs did...and maybe we will have a conversation about who the best coach ever is.

16 hours ago, The Gipper said:

I don't have a stroke....its just that it is ludicrous...because of the following perfectly logical argument:     BB is winning titles with the GOAT at QB.

I mean yes, every legendary coach had some legendary players there's no arguing that. However, Bill's career has been made with picking up the scraps of other teams and low draft picks and making elite defense and great skill players. There's a reason all the great WR's for the Patriots by in large are no-name guys who become elite. There's a reason the defense is rated in the top half of the league despite most of the guys out there being later round talent or the rejects from other teams (Danny Shelton anyone). No one can claim they built a dynasty the way Bill has in managing a roster. 

There's a reason a guy like Manning, Brees, Rodgers, etc all only have 1-2 rings and Brady now has six. I wouldn't necessarily put Tom's skil set above any of those guys (at most, a 1A, 1B conversation). The difference is Bill  Belichek. 

Archived