THE BROWNS BOARD

Frank clark predicted to land in cleveland...

Clevfan4life

https://www.google.com/amp/s/dawgpounddaily.com/2019/02/21/frank-clark-predicted-land-cleveland-browns-pro-football-focus/amp/

I happen to be mildly acquainted with a clev radio personality who told me the other day the rumour is dorsey is gonna go hard after Clark. This could ofc be another smokescreen thst the browns are letting waft out of berea, just like the todd bowles thing. 

But waddya all think about clark as myles running mate? 

We're talking 15+ mil a year and probably 50ish guaranteed...      While I'm no fan of his off field - I'm listening to the football noise of it.   

Also means in a year you're going to have even more $ tied up in Myles.  Arguably making them the most expensive pass rush duo in the NFL.... possibly ever depending on the check.

53 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

But dont be surprised if we bring back meder or get another "big body" type DT that good at soaking up OL thereby freeing up Ogunjobi. And with garrett, clark, smith, avery....ogbah might either be cut or moved inside where i think he'd be better anyway. 

not sure if Dorsey thought OB being used inside was such a good idea & JD sent GW packing, so here we are..riddle me this. per ourlads//.In 2016 we played Danny & Meder rotating in a 3-4 front with Danny getting 1.5 sacks/ 6 QB hits/32 solo tackles..Meder had 1 sack/6 QB hits/26 solo tackles..In 2017, GW  goes with 4-3 front & Danny had 0 sacks,1 QB hit & 20 solo tackles. Meder= O sacks/1 QB hit & 8 solo tackles..I get Meder is a local Parma,OH. kid but even Pettine in GB gave Meder a second look last season in GB & passed on Meder..for the record, we went 1-31 with both playing in both 3-4 or 4-3 fronts.I just don't get the Jamie Meder fascination on this board?? They both seem to fit the running game in a 3-4 front? No?    

12 hours ago, gumby73 said:

Fkqr.gif    when's team franchise tag season ending?  get this done JD...(seen this mid-week Cleve, what took ya so long?;))

March 5th, EST.  It's in the League calendar thread posted at the top of the forum.  It has all the info you and others need.  Give it a try.

11 hours ago, Comeonman said:

If we don’t go insane with it, sure I guess. I’d rather go crazy spending on a DT if a better one were available. 

To me a pass rusher is harder to find.  If we can get a good one in FA, it is easier to find a plug and play DT in the draft.  Especially this draft.  

More and more QBs are being projected top 15.  We are going to have a good selection of players available at 17.  Maybe we move up a few slots and give up one of our 3rd rounders to get a guy we want.

3 hours ago, ballpeen said:

More and more QBs are being projected top 15.  We are going to have a good selection of players available at 17.  Maybe we move up a few slots and give up one of our 3rd rounders to get a guy we want.

I totally expect Dorsey to move up, perhaps multiple times, to get certain targeted players.

The roster is young enough, I can't see him adding 10+ rookies. 

30 minutes ago, TopDawg31 said:

This dude paired with Myles would be bad ass even with his past baggage.

Add Grady Jarrett and we have the NFL's best D

23 hours ago, gumby73 said:

not sure if Dorsey thought OB being used inside was such a good idea & JD sent GW packing, so here we are..riddle me this. per ourlads//.In 2016 we played Danny & Meder rotating in a 3-4 front with Danny getting 1.5 sacks/ 6 QB hits/32 solo tackles..Meder had 1 sack/6 QB hits/26 solo tackles..In 2017, GW  goes with 4-3 front & Danny had 0 sacks,1 QB hit & 20 solo tackles. Meder= O sacks/1 QB hit & 8 solo tackles..I get Meder is a local Parma,OH. kid but even Pettine in GB gave Meder a second look last season in GB & passed on Meder..for the record, we went 1-31 with both playing in both 3-4 or 4-3 fronts.I just don't get the Jamie Meder fascination on this board?? They both seem to fit the running game in a 3-4 front? No?    

Depth, thats all. And depth we sorely missed last year. No one said meder was a world beater....but the def we had in the final meaningful preseason game against philly, that D would have gotten us into the playoffs. I dont think that can be debated. We lost our interior run stop and thsts what killed us through the season....teams ran the ball to keep baker off the field

1 hour ago, Clevfan4life said:

final meaningful preseason game against philly, that D would have gotten us into the playoffs. I dont think that can be debated. 

Cleve, I get it bro.Browns fans can debate the browns till the SB rings show-up..I just finished up watching every replay of every game..We had 2 in division teams rush for 296 Balt,LAC 246 straight up our throats..Conners twice 146/135 yards.old' M.Lynch 130,M.Gordon 132,L.Miller 103,Hunt 100,a raven named Dixon 117 yards....I don't get guys wanting Metcalf & H.Butlers of the world when Baker/Freddie is a spread the ball around kind of offense..Keep the D post coming & I'll keep reading them..I agree, We have to fix this D, starters & building some solid depth in this front 7.no doubt.Let's do this Dorsey..🤞🏻   

18 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

I totally expect Dorsey to move up, perhaps multiple times, to get certain targeted players.

The roster is young enough, I can't see him adding 10+ rookies. 

Agreed. Or maybe trading some 2019 picks for other 2020 picks in order to keep a good draft stock both years not compromising the team with way too many youngsters. 

But I see your scenario as the most likely one.

17 hours ago, gumby73 said:

Cleve, I get it bro.Browns fans can debate the browns till the SB rings show-up..I just finished up watching every replay of every game..We had 2 in division teams rush for 296 Balt,LAC 246 straight up our throats..Conners twice 146/135 yards.old' M.Lynch 130,M.Gordon 132,L.Miller 103,Hunt 100,a raven named Dixon 117 yards....I don't get guys wanting Metcalf & H.Butlers of the world when Baker/Freddie is a spread the ball around kind of offense..Keep the D post coming & I'll keep reading them..I agree, We have to fix this D, starters & building some solid depth in this front 7.no doubt.Let's do this Dorsey..🤞🏻   

Thanks for the info.  I may not have realized it was so bad.  That HAS to be a priority in the player acquisition period (FA/draft)

6 hours ago, CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS said:

He might be too expensive, but Frank Clark and Garrett would destroy opposing QBs

All the more reason IMO.  

Ogun is looking like a nice player.   Maybe good enough to make a pro-bowl or three in his career.

Ogbah...I am not as excited about him.....I see him as a top 2nd string player who can fill in and do a good job of setting a edge against the run....as a pass rusher, he might give you a sack every 3 games or so.....maybe a few more pressures.

On ‎2‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 2:34 AM, Nero said:

Agreed. Or maybe trading some 2019 picks for other 2020 picks in order to keep a good draft stock both years not compromising the team with way too many youngsters. 

But I see your scenario as the most likely one.

I think it can be both, move up and stock up.

People can bash Sashi all they want, and he deserves some of it, but I do like having extra picks moving forward.  

The possibilities open up nicely.

On 2/23/2019 at 5:40 PM, tiamat63 said:

We're talking 15+ mil a year and probably 50ish guaranteed...      While I'm no fan of his off field - I'm listening to the football noise of it.   

Also means in a year you're going to have even more $ tied up in Myles.  Arguably making them the most expensive pass rush duo in the NFL.... possibly ever depending on the check.

I believe that the combination of Von Miller and Demarcus Ware with Denver may have had and still have that record $$ for a pair of edge rushers on one team.

On 2/26/2019 at 7:14 PM, ballpeen said:

All the more reason IMO.  

Ogun is looking like a nice player.   Maybe good enough to make a pro-bowl or three in his career.

Ogbah...I am not as excited about him.....I see him as a top 2nd string player who can fill in and do a good job of setting a edge against the run....as a pass rusher, he might give you a sack every 3 games or so.....maybe a few more pressures.

He has a big problem keeping outside leverage against the run, tackles routinely turn his pads to the left...

If i were the browns id rell him not to worry about maintaing edge rusher weight this offseason. Tell him to get in the 290's and see if he can be a decent DT. Only role ic fir him in the NFL. He's a big strong kid, if he keeps his weight up near 300 he could be disruptive in the middle....but he has no toolset going around the left edge. 

Archived