THE BROWNS BOARD

So if Duke plays well for 8 games, why bother with hunt?

Clevfan4life

As much as I love Duke, I would completely understand trading him for a 3rd round in the trade deadline once Hunt is back. 

He's a team player, a vet, everyone loves him and he was the only consistent playmaker we had during our worst years... But it is a business and we can't hold so many good running backs in the same room. 

I wish him the best.

On 3/16/2019 at 7:24 PM, Clevfan4life said:

Would seem to me that after 8 games chubb and Duke might very well have a good rotational rhythm going. Would u fuck with that after 8 gsmes?

Straight answer, because he is a far greater talent. Chubb and Hunt are close to an unrivaled tandem. This coming from a guy who loves Duke. 

We finally have an embarrassment of riches at a position most prone to injury.. and you can't wait to ship someone out of town?  It's not like there's oodles of quality at LB available for a trade.  I'll be happy to be shocked if we go through this season or next and one of our RB's doesn't get injured.

Will we re-sign Duke? no. Should we trade him? Also, no.

The question isn't "Do we have too much" -- but rather "What value would we get in return" .. and remember, Duke IS the late-round pick [3] who was a hit.  Nobody would give even a 3 for Duke right now.. and he's achieved what you'd expect from a 2.

I don't understand the thought process of this thread.. If Duke plays well at the 20+ play role for 8 games you say "Great! That's why you're here, we expected you to play well!" and keep signing the checks while asking him to play 5-15 plays in games 9-17 unless someone gets injured. 

Yes, 17 games.

1 hour ago, CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS said:

⬆️⬆️Those who want Duke gone aren’t accounting for the benefits of having more than 2 talented and capable RBs

I’d be fine with keeping him for sure. That said if they feel moving him will help other areas of weakness he could be expendable. 

On 3/17/2019 at 8:35 PM, hoorta said:

Trading for Ramsey- there goes the Cap. KA-BLAM. You do a deal like that only if that's your Super Bowl contending roster for the foreseeable future. 

EDIT: Cross referencing from the TJ Lang thread, sorry, we can't afford a $12 million dollar CB. The Cap is pretty much already shot with Vernon and OBJ.  

I think when the smoke clears you will find our cap is fine over the next 4 years. Several contracts are being reworked. I’d expect when they do a new deal for OBJ much is converted to signing bonus. They seem to have this under control. 

Trading Duke doesn't make a ton of sense to me. Honestly, I felt like we just didn't understand how to incorporate him into the offense last year, and we also need to understand that we were really lucky last year regarding injuries. RBs have a high rate of injury, and Chubb already has a serious medical issue under his belt. Furthermore, Hunt has a long way to go to get on the field, and it's far from a certainty that he'll play for us. I could be mistaken, but I want to say he's being treated for alcoholism right now, and we all know how difficult that particular fight can be, right? 

9 hours ago, jcam222 said:

I think when the smoke clears you will find our cap is fine over the next 4 years. Several contracts are being reworked. I’d expect when they do a new deal for OBJ much is converted to signing bonus. They seem to have this under control. 

4 years? Myles and Baker say hi.

On 3/17/2019 at 10:08 AM, Clevfan4life said:

I feel bad for Duke tbh.

Me, too, but only from the standpoint that he endured the bad times only to be sent packing with good times on the horizon.

On 3/17/2019 at 11:50 AM, Dutch Oven said:

It's a "moo point'. 

It's a cow's opinion. 

Same "cow" Devin Nunes is suing?

32 minutes ago, Justin_Gilbert2019 said:

Kareem got screwed. It is his fault because the crap with Zeeky Elliot happened right before and Ray rice. So if you watch the video kareem in my opinion should kicked the girl harder but regardless his fault just bad penalty he had to serve. 

Classy. 

7 hours ago, Justin_Gilbert2019 said:

Kareem got screwed. It is his fault because the crap with Zeeky Elliot happened right before and Ray rice. So if you watch the video kareem in my opinion should kicked the girl harder but regardless his fault just bad penalty he had to serve. 

Apparently you have been kicked in the head a few times 

9 hours ago, Justin_Gilbert2019 said:

You are an idiot!!!!  Real men don’t kick, punch, push or in any way abuse women . If that’s your opinion to kick the girl harder then you must be a real puss bag and not much of a man 

52 minutes ago, 7moses7 said:

You are an idiot!!!!  Real men don’t kick, punch, push or in any way abuse women . If that’s your opinion to kick the girl harder then you must be a real puss bag and not much of a man 

Nothing this guy says  should be taken seriously he’s just saying stupid shit for the purpose of just saying stupid shit

Archived