THE BROWNS BOARD

Bengals fans taking OBJ trade well...

jbluhm86

On 7/15/2019 at 11:32 PM, jbluhm86 said:

I listen to the radio occasionally when I'm driving or doing busy work. I avoid 700 WLW and 102.7 WEBN on game days SOLELY because of Dave Lapham.

He sounds like a goddamn chimp with his beanbag caught in a vice when he's "calling" games. I don't even think that most Bengals fans like him either.

I’m not gonna lie. If the bungles lose on a Sunday, or better yet lose to my brownies on a Sunday, I can listen to WLW all afternoon. The sound of those flowing tears is music to my ears. See, as others have alluded to, I also live right in the center of bungle land. My hatred for that team and it’s fan base is profound. To me Dave Lapham is EVERY bungles fan and EVERY bungles fan is Dave Lapham. They all belong to it, no exceptions. 

Did anyone one else see his awesome “victor with jerk” post game segment after Randall and 6 clowned Hue Jackson last year? It was amazing, you can literally feel him starting to tear up. Like a big fat playground bully that isn’t used to someone kicking his ass. 

This is new team with a killer instinct. Put your foot on the throat and mock them about it until they quit squirming. I absolutely love it.

On 7/17/2019 at 6:45 AM, brownie4412 said:

I’m not gonna lie. If the bungles lose on a Sunday, or better yet lose to my brownies on a Sunday, I can listen to WLW all afternoon. The sound of those flowing tears is music to my ears. See, as others have alluded to, I also live right in the center of bungle land. My hatred for that team and it’s fan base is profound. To me Dave Lapham is EVERY bungles fan and EVERY bungles fan is Dave Lapham. They all belong to it, no exceptions. 

Did anyone one else see his awesome “victor with jerk” post game segment after Randall and 6 clowned Hue Jackson last year? It was amazing, you can literally feel him starting to tear up. Like a big fat playground bully that isn’t used to someone kicking his ass. 

This is new team with a killer instinct. Put your foot on the throat and mock them about it until they quit squirming. I absolutely love it.

Not sure l caught the segment you mentioned but l listen to my fair share of WLW to and from work (their traffic reports  have saved me from being late a few times) and they interview Lapham frequently during the season. Last year was the downest l think l’ve ever heard him when talking about the Bengals, especially towards the end of the season. The pauses he would take before answering a question, the occasional sigh. You could hear his disappointment through the radio.

And Bengals fans really are the worst. I have many in friends and family. They’re the most uppity and annoying bunch when they are going good, and then yeah, disappear into a hole when they start going bad.  It’s not even fun to razz them when they’re sucking. It feels like kicking a cripple. 

1 hour ago, Ibleedbrown said:

Not sure l caught the segment you mentioned but l listen to my fair share of WLW to and from work (their traffic reports  have saved me from being late a few times) and they interview Lapham frequently during the season. Last year was the downest l think l’ve ever heard him when talking about the Bengals, especially towards the end of the season. The pauses he would take before answering a question, the occasional sigh. You could hear his disappointment through the radio.

And Bengals fans really are the worst. I have many in friends and family. They’re the most uppity and annoying bunch when they are going good, and then yeah, disappear into a hole when they start going bad.  It’s not even fun to razz them when they’re sucking. It feels like kicking a cripple. 

I’m at work so I haven’t listened to it, but I’m pretty sure this is it. Again, fuck Dave Lapham and all that he stands for. My Browns are not a team you can make excuses for. Especially since we all know the bungles history of having “class.” I’m sure he was just distraught when that rapist Jeremy Hill jumped into the dawg pound. I’d love to hear his opinion on all the class Ochostinko displayed over the years.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Bengals/status/1066818508523216896

16 hours ago, brownie4412 said:

I’m at work so I haven’t listened to it, but I’m pretty sure this is it. Again, fuck Dave Lapham and all that he stands for. My Browns are not a team you can make excuses for. Especially since we all know the bungles history of having “class.” I’m sure he was just distraught when that rapist Jeremy Hill jumped into the dawg pound. I’d love to hear his opinion on all the class Ochostinko displayed over the years.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Bengals/status/1066818508523216896

It was pretty amusing running through the long Twitter thread. Lapham got duly called out over the Browns showing no class in that game,  When they had thugs like Packman and Burfect on their roster. And now it will all be better that we've cleaned up our act. We'll see about that. 

Your thugs probably cost you a playoff win against the Steelers short attention span Dave. 

But getting back to the original Bungle fans delusions- they're not looking in the mirror- if the criticisms they're leveling against the Browns are fully in force on the banks of the Ohio. Rookie HC, new offensive system, defensive backfield a mess....  

On 7/10/2019 at 6:01 PM, TexasAg1969 said:

Both Abitas are available at Total Wine in Austin (Lakeline). Which do you like best?

The Andygator... totally different depth of flavor... but a pair with a meal brew, IMO.

On 7/11/2019 at 12:16 AM, hoorta said:

Tour- regarding yen-ling that Chinese beer they make in Pennsylvania. I fail to see much difference between it and a bunch of the other national brands. I tried it several times when it first became available in Ohio- and I haven't gone back. I just finished a Great Lakes Dortmunder, and that's much more to my liking- even with the price premium. Dos Equis is my go to brand when I'm doing Mexican. Just no to Corona- which is South of the Border Budweiser. 

I think I've mentioned it before- MHO is when Coors went national, something changed. Early 70s, I could pick out Coors from a lineup of 5-6 other brews without fail, won a lot of money doing so too. Not anymore. Who knows? At my advanced age, maybe my nose is shot.  :)  

Ah.... the "Coors' Mystique". Really not sure anything changed other than the fact that you could finally get "the banquet beer". It was  available in Texas long before it was in Ohio. Time was when I took vaca's to CLE I toted Coors to Dad and he, the pre-expansion Stroh's (a/k/a mothers' milk) to me.

As for Yuengleng... it's just a nice "everyday driver"... smooth enough to drink solo... hefty enough to stand up to a variety of spicy foods with which I prefer a brew over the grape.

14 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

The Andygator... totally different depth of flavor... but a pair with a meal brew, IMO.

Ah.... the "Coors' Mystique". Really not sure anything changed other than the fact that you could finally get "the banquet beer". It was  available in Texas long before it was in Ohio. Time was when I took vaca's to CLE I toted Coors to Dad and he, the pre-expansion Stroh's (a/k/a mothers' milk) to me.

As for Yuengleng... it's just a nice "everyday driver"... smooth enough to drink solo... hefty enough to stand up to a variety of spicy foods with which I prefer a brew over the grape.

Too late. I found them both and bought the Abita Amber. It's fine. Next time I'll get the other.

1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

Stroh's was just one step ahead of goblin piss.

2 hours ago, The Gipper said:

I'll second the motion on that one Gipper. That sent me on a trip down memory lane of beers that are no more- or were just plain bad. Who can forget Carling Black Label "Hey Mabel, Black Label"?  My life probably would have turned out differently if I hadn't gotten rejected when I applied for a lab job at CS Schmidt's brewery. Ah, Heileman's Old Style- fully krausened. As my co worker Ralph said, "fully poisoned".  :)  I'm struggling to remember the name of the beer (it was big at the time) I drank in the Adirondacks with a former girlfriend that gave me the worst hangover of my life. Can't remember the name, but after 40 years, the memory of that one lingers on. 

EDIT: It came to me- that beer was Schaefer. "The one beer to have when you're having more than one". More like the one beer to have when the next day your head feels like it's been whacked a few good ones with a baseball bat, and then is about ready to explode.  :)  

39 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

You ain't lived if you never had riverwalk dirtwater like this shit brewed right there in San Antonio. Thank God Shiner, Texas came along and saved our reputation with Shiner Bock.

Pearl: A History of San Antonio's Iconic Beer (American Palate)

I sure drank a bunch of that crap when I was in San Antonio. Cheap shit a Serviceman could afford. I swear the Army & Airforce kept them in business.

I agree on Shiner Bock. Easy drinking, good beer.

Mike

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, The Gipper said:

dad would stock 3 different beers in the garage fridge..nobody drank that Stroh's chit, so it became my first beer i ever drank in backyard tent camping..moving to his Pabst blue ribbon got me yard duties on Saturdays 😎 ain't no chance Pabst 🥇 ever won no blue ribbons 🤑

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Canton Mike said:

I sure drank a bunch of that crap when I was in San Antonio. Cheap shit a Serviceman could afford. I swear the Army & Airforce kept them in business.

I agree on Shiner Bock. Easy drinking, good beer.

Mike

Nothing beats the first beer I ever drank. Cerveza Polar in Venezuela was a German Pilsner. Great for downing freshly shucked oysters on the half shell with lime on 'em right on the beach. the cost was about 2 Bolivares which at that time was around 40 cents for a beer and a dozen oysters. "Those were the days my friend, we thought they'd never end."🏝️🍻😍

Now there is a big fucking power plant right on the beach about a mile from where we hung out. It was placed right on top of a small coral reef and on inland from the beach. Very stupid place to put it.😢

https://www.google.com/maps/@10.499085,-68.1533005,1785m/data=!3m1!1e3

Loved Stoh's... the original brewery's, fire-brewed version anyway. Maybe because I am half Bohemian...

Pearl? Its mention reminded me Pearl Light.... the only beer that ever froze in my refrigerator... lol. That one six-pack was my only purchase.

Carling... my first drunk was on it. Still remember the ads they ran about "fresh beer"... especially the one where they diverted the bottling line right into a bar.

P.O.C. anyone? :o

1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

Loved Stoh's... the original brewery's, fire-brewed version anyway. Maybe because I am half Bohemian...

Pearl? Its mention reminded me Pearl Light.... the only beer that ever froze in my refrigerator... lol. That one six-pack was my only purchase.

Carling... my first drunk was on it. Still remember the ads they ran about "fresh beer"... especially the one where they diverted the bottling line right into a bar.

When I got back from "Nam (1968), I was stationed in DC. We would go to the Varsity Grille in College Park Maryland where we could drink 16oz Carling Black Labels for $1.00 (yes, a BUCK!) & eat free peanuts in the shell until we were toasted. It was the 1st time I ever saw a 16 oz beer & don't ask how we got back to DC!...Remember the line..

"Hey Mabel! Black Label! Carling Black Label Beer!"

POC? I never heard officially, but....."Pride Of Cleveland",  "Pilsner Of Cleveland", & "Piss Of Cleveland" are what I have heard, depending upon your tastes.  😉

Mike

4 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Or maybe it is because you have shit for taste when it comes to beer.

Other than nostalgia, it essentially stood for  Piss Of Cleveland.

3 hours ago, Canton Mike said:

When I got back from "Nam (1968), I was stationed in DC. We would go to the Varsity Grille in College Park Maryland where we could drink 16oz Carling Black Labels for $1.00 (yes, a BUCK!) & eat free peanuts in the shell until we were toasted. It was the 1st time I ever saw a 16 oz beer & don't ask how we got back to DC!...Remember the line..

"Hey Mabel! Black Label! Carling Black Label Beer!"

POC? I never heard officially, but....."Pride Of Cleveland",  "Pilsner Of Cleveland", & "Piss Of Cleveland" are what I have heard, depending upon your tastes.  😉

Mike

Actually, technically   Pilsener On Call.

16 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

You ain't lived if you never had riverwalk dirtwater like this shit brewed right there in San Antonio. Thank God Shiner, Texas came along and saved our reputation with Shiner Bock.

Pearl: A History of San Antonio's Iconic Beer (American Palate)

Ah yes. Pearl lite. As Tour said- don't let the 'fridge get too cold or it will freeze. The closest thing out of a beer can to a babbling brook I ever drank.  :)  

13 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Nothing beats the first beer I ever drank. Cerveza Polar in Venezuela was a German Pilsner. Great for downing freshly shucked oysters on the half shell with lime on 'em right on the beach. the cost was about 2 Bolivares which at that time was around 40 cents for a beer and a dozen oysters. "Those were the days my friend, we thought they'd never end."🏝️🍻😍

Polar Beer- the oxymoron. I had several back in '97 in Curacao down there for the total solar eclipse. 

5 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Gip beat me to it, Pilsner on Call. Can't say I ever drank any of it. An aside to Tour- I wasn't really much impressed with Stroh's even if it was "fire brewed". Knowing what I know now about fermentation- it's beyond me how you could fire brew beer without killing the yeast.   

9 hours ago, hoorta said:

I wasn't really much impressed with Stroh's even if it was "fire brewed". Knowing what I know now about fermentation- it's beyond me how you could fire brew beer without killing the yeast.   

And Coors prides itself on the opposite, cold mountain stream water (underground stream at the Boulder brewery) that is used to cold brew their beer and kept cold all the way to you in your local store or on tap in bars. No fires there for sure.🌬️🤗

3 hours ago, Unsympathetic said:

AJ Green more than a basic ankle sprain today at practice -- carted off

& dere goes your season Hoo Deys. Youze already minus the entire season without your first round LT savior Jonah. Take out extra life insurance Dandy Andy. 

5 hours ago, jbluhm86 said:

Back to our fellow Ohioans, the delusions of grandeur keep on coming:

Bengals.JPG.5871ba8d48a7cf62bc752a3f5c26e6c9.JPG

Bengals2.JPG.7e4b103551729a00973a33d1731ac9dd.JPG

Overconfident Bungle fans. Not everyone giving the Browns the Lombardi just yet. You have a totally unproven head coach and now AJ is hurt again. Sooo sorry.  There's a reason they have the most fair weather fan base in the NFL. Last time I looked the Bungles were looking up at the lousy Browns at the end of the 2018 season. Welcome to being the ignored team of the NFL- the cure is to start winning, and 6-10 won't buy you any love from the national media.

Buy a clue Bungle fans- nothing is going to change until tightwad Mike Brown is out of the picture. You're acting like geeze, I wish Mike would spend some money to attract better free agents. Face it, you're always going to be second fiddle to the Reds like the Rams were to the Cardinals in St Louis unless in the unlikely event you win a Super Bowl.  I'd be near ready to bet the ranch the Stripers will be under .500 after the first 8 games. road Seahawks, Bills, Steelers, Ravens, Rams.

6 hours ago, hoorta said:

Overconfident Bungle fans. Not everyone giving the Browns the Lombardi just yet. You have a totally unproven head coach and now AJ is hurt again. Sooo sorry.  There's a reason they have the most fair weather fan base in the NFL. Last time I looked the Bungles were looking up at the lousy Browns at the end of the 2018 season. Welcome to being the ignored team of the NFL- the cure is to start winning, and 6-10 won't buy you any love from the national media.

Buy a clue Bungle fans- nothing is going to change until tightwad Mike Brown is out of the picture. You're acting like geeze, I wish Mike would spend some money to attract better free agents. Face it, you're always going to be second fiddle to the Reds like the Rams were to the Cardinals in St Louis unless in the unlikely event you win a Super Bowl.  I'd be near ready to bet the ranch the Stripers will be under .500 after the first 8 games. road Seahawks, Bills, Steelers, Ravens, Rams.

In another thread I already said that the 3 or 4 teams that we’re going to be in the running for the number one overall draft pick next year included the Bengals the Giants the dolphins the 49ers and the Cardinals. 

Any word on the AJ Green injury?   Could he be gonzo all year long?

Does anyone see it like me?  That Dalton is on a short leash?  

Or, more likely, like I said, they leave him in there, tank the season, and look to get Tua, or Justin Herbert in next year's draft?

9 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Any word on the AJ Green injury?   Could he be gonzo all year long?

Does anyone see it like me?  That Dalton is on a short leash?  

Or, more likely, like I said, they leave him in there, tank the season, and look to get Tua, or Justin Herbert in next year's draft?

nope, still waiting on mri results that rapaport thinks is a high sprained ankle..Give Ryan Finley a chance? i thought he would be the next qb to go after Haskins. or was he? 

26 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

nope, still waiting on mri results that rapaport thinks is a high sprained ankle..Give Ryan Finley a chance? i thought he would be the next qb to go after Haskins. or was he? 

I think Finley was taken in the 4th round....In checking, yes  round 4  #104 overall

These are the QBs taken in the last draft:

1 1 Arizona Cardinals Kyler Murray  QB Oklahoma Big 12 2018 Heisman Trophy winner
  1 6 New York Giants Daniel Jones  QB Duke ACC  
  1 15 Washington Redskins Dwayne Haskins  QB Ohio State Big Ten  
  2 42 Denver Broncos Drew Lock  QB Missouri SEC from Cincinnati [R2 - 6]
  3* 100 Carolina Panthers Will Grier  QB West Virginia Big 12  
  4 104 Cincinnati Bengals Ryan Finley  QB NC State ACC from San Francisco [R4 - 1]
  4 133 New England Patriots Jarrett Stidham  QB Auburn SEC from LA Rams [R4 - 19]
  5 166 Los Angeles Chargers Easton Stick  QB North Dakota State MVFC  
  5 167 Philadelphia Eagles Clayton Thorson  QB Northwestern Big Ten from Kansas City via LA Rams and New England [R5 - 13]
  6 178 Jacksonville Jaguars Gardner Minshew  QB Washington State Pac-12  
  6 197 Baltimore Ravens Trace McSorley  QB Penn State Big Ten from Philadelphia [R6
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Out 6-8 weeks

An MRI revealed that Bengals’ WR A.J. Green has torn ligaments in his left ankle that is likely to sideline him six to eight weeks, source tells ESPN. Green is not expected to be ready for the regular-season opener at Seattle.

On 7/23/2019 at 10:58 PM, hoorta said:

Gip beat me to it, Pilsner on Call. Can't say I ever drank any of it. An aside to Tour- I wasn't really much impressed with Stroh's even if it was "fire brewed". Knowing what I know now about fermentation- it's beyond me how you could fire brew beer without killing the yeast.   

Give that man a beer... Pilsner On Call is correct!

As for your yeast question... lucky for you there's an old ChemE in the house. ;) It's called "temperature control". ;);) Circulate the beer/ agitate the tank/ throttle the gas... likely used a combo of all three.

Bigger question is HTF do you "cold brew"??? :wacko: Yeast need warm to do their job...