THE BROWNS BOARD

Trading Up Predictions

darren15

I suspect that if there is a player within short reach in Rd 2, Dorsey may just use some draft capital to go get him if it appears someone else in front is interested. That does not cost near as much as jumping back into the first round from Mid-2nd.

On 3/22/2019 at 11:44 AM, The Gipper said:

If the Cards pass on Bosa,  I don't see why the 49ers would not take him.

Well without just using that old regime was horrible at selecting players, when there were guys like Aaron Donald in previous drafts who were more highly rated, why did they pass on them?

The answer is that it's not just about the best player available. Its about building the best team. And when they have already invested so much in that position (with good players), then it could become counterproductive to keep neglecting other areas of need.

Look at it this way, one example with the Browns and one without. Most everyone has Nelson ranked in top 3 available players last year, yet the Browns didn't draft him, why? Not that he wouldn't have made the team better, as he is already being talked about as the best G in the NFL. Its because they had other needs and already had invested a lot into the line. Or even use Bradley Chubb

Or why a team like San Diego/LA wasn't in serious discussion of taking Zeke the year after taking Ingram. I use that example for a reason. As there is a shared workload just like DL.

None of this is to say that SF wont take a DL, but certainly a reason why they wouldn't. 

5 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I suspect that if there is a player within short reach in Rd 2, Dorsey may just use some draft capital to go get him if it appears someone else in front is interested. That does not cost near as much as jumping back into the first round from Mid-2nd.

Yep, that's what I think. He well may trade up if a player he covets drops far enough to where it doesn't cost too much.

Mike

12 minutes ago, Unsympathetic said:

Why? Because we already made our first-round pick? Everything else is still there..

No first rounder and possibly still burned out by last year's draft. We went hard at that bad boy for three months straight. 

Am going to throw out some draft names that may become 'on the market' start of day 2 that JD may trade up for. No it's not perfect, but open to your option..7 are in the Safety group & 6 are in the CB group..Don't see reaching for them, cause equal talent could fall at #49 between 13 S's or CB's.Maybe Dorsey may target 1 in each position group, to go get? LB get's interesting cause the only guy left with above average coverage skills is Mack Wilson imo..This is where trading for Darron Lee would eliminate position coverage need altogether..DT-Jerry Tillery may be there along with Dexter Lawrence. The Only true Tackle left that may get to RD.2 is T Andre Dillard/M.Dettier/D. Risner.2 of 3 may become guards. WR- Marquise Brown with lisfranc foot may also fall? Would have to see him on the browns team invite list to get medical recheck..sure it's a wild guess. but who else am i missing? or who are you hoping to trade up for? Poe'G come on man, you got somebody :D  

here's a scenario..

We trade Baker Mayfield to the Cardinals for the #1 overall pick, and Josh Rosen

We take Kyler Murray.

Murray then, gets traded to the Giants for Saquon Barkley, leaving us with Josh Rosen.

We then trade Saquon Barkley to the cardinals, for Baker Mayfield..

Leaving US with Baker, the #1 overall pick,  and the chosen rosen who we then trade to the NYG for our #17 pick back.

BOOM!

1 hour ago, domcucch1994 said:

here's a scenario..

We trade Baker Mayfield to the Cardinals for the #1 overall pick, and Josh Rosen

We take Kyler Murray.

Murray then, gets traded to the Giants for Saquon Barkley, leaving us with Josh Rosen.

We then trade Saquon Barkley to the cardinals, for Baker Mayfield..

Leaving US with Baker, the #1 overall pick,  and the chosen rosen who we then trade to the NYG for our #17 pick back.

BOOM!

Its original Haha

But makes no sense for any of the other teams. That leaves Giants with 2 QBs and no Barkley, and Cardinals with 2 RBs and no QB. You would have to expand upon it and say the Giants then trade Murray to Cardinals for Barkley lol

And at the end, you wouldn't have Baker and #1 pick. You used that #1 pick on Murray who you traded

2 minutes ago, Gunz41 said:

Its original Haha

But makes no sense for any of the other teams. That leaves Giants with 2 QBs and no Barkley, and Cardinals with 2 RBs and no QB. You would have to expand upon it and say the Giants then trade Murray to Cardinals for Barkley lol

It could happen ...they have Gettleman remember

3 minutes ago, Gunz41 said:

Its original Haha

And at the end, you wouldn't have Baker and #1 pick. You used that #1 pick on Murray who you traded

I didn't think this one through all the way..

3 hours ago, domcucch1994 said:

I didn't think this one through all the way..

It would be awesome to see, and I know you were just being creative.

So to make it work the way you want, instead of #1 pick, you get #6, and then have Giants trade Murray to Cardinals for Barkley. Then the Browns have #6 and #17 for facilitating all the trades. All this happens in 10 minutes, Browns then trade #6 and #17 to 49ers for #2 pick, which gets them Bosa or Williams

Archived