THE BROWNS BOARD

U.S. Posts Largest-Ever Monthly Budget Deficit in February

jbluhm86

Bloomberg News: U.S. Posts Largest-Ever Monthly Budget Deficit in February

"The U.S. posted its biggest monthly budget deficit on record last month, amid a 20 percent drop in corporate tax revenue and a boost in spending so far this fiscal year.

The budget gap widened to $234 billion in February, compared with a fiscal gap of $215.2 billion a year earlier. That gap surpassed the previous monthly record of $231.7 billion set seven years ago, according to data compiled by Bloomberg.

February’s shortfall helped push the deficit for the first five months of the government’s fiscal year to $544.2 billion, up almost 40 percent from the same period the previous year, the Treasury Department said in its monthly budget report Friday. The release was delayed a week by the government shutdown earlier this year.

Receipts dipped less than 1 percent to $1.3 trillion in the October-February period from the previous year, while spending accelerated 9 percent to $1.8 trillion.

The fiscal shortfall is widening following President Donald Trump’s $1.5 trillion tax-cuts package that’s weighing on receipts and raising concerns about the national debt load, which topped a record $22 trillion last month..."

giphy-3.gif.c1c6172ffdb970545fc7823d23470f0e.gif

Its deficit spending all over again but this time the world will not be our huckleberry for long as it pertains to accepting the dollar as the world's reserve. The libertarians explicitly understand this and I was hoping rand would rub off on trump more. 

I tacitly agreed with trump that stimulating the economy through well structured tax cuts for people who prove they are intent on creating economy here in the U.S, was the best route to dwindling the deficit over time. So as well as our economy is "allegedly" doing, its concerning we're still posting these short term deficits. I think too many people licked trump's balls so he just gave away too much and those people are like "thanks......diicckk", and the usual corporate welfare that trump seemingly promised he would end, continues unabated.

He should yank back any promises or cuts for those companies that were lije "yeah we'll bring back all these jobs" and now are like "yyeeaahhh we're really not sure now"

it's baloney to blame it on tax cuts when the economy is booming, despite the obamao commie fed raising interest rates 4 times since Pres Trump was elected.

and, the democrats demand to boost social spending to make even more destitute people depend on the gov dole for their survival.

Democrats to push for equal funding boost for defense, domestic ...

Mar 12, 2019 - House Democrats said Tuesday they will fight this year to make sure ... and will oppose any Republican effort to boost defense spending above 

you have to boost the defense budget, your obaMAO commie slashed the defense budget  Just learn to read...something.

and yes, both houses of Congress were weinies on the subject, too. THANK GOD FOR PRESIDENT TRUMP. MAGA !

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/mar/14/ed-feulner-obama-deep-cuts-to-defense-leaves-us-vu/

An indefensible defense budget

Obama's deep cuts could lead to a U.S. military defeat

Just a theory, in this world instantaneous stock reports, day Traders etc etc lead to this kind of shit. Instability in the market costs money as people bail. When Democrat puppet Robert Mueller released his report and dump time speculation was there is bad news for the administration. I predict that as news spreads it was bogus, meaning the entire investigation, things get Rosy again. We shall see.

WSS

https://www.investopedia.com/investing/how-interest-rates-affect-stock-market/

fredgraph_1-5bfd84b446e0fb0051580d38

William J. Clinton 1993–2001 George W. Bush 2001–2009 Barack Obama 2009–2017 Donald J. Trump 2017–present

So, looks to me, that the fed became highly politicized about when George W. was re-elected. Interest rates roared high. Then when Obamao was running and was elected, the interest rates plummeted to a very, very low rate. Then when we elected Pres Trump and saved Real America - yep, the interest rates started going back up again.

6 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

Ur just undereducated I'm sorry to inform you. Nobodys boasting about knowing the basics. Ur just dumber than the mean. It's really all there is to say

Call me when my prediction comes true. Should be a matter of weeks or possibly even days.

WSS

30 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

I'd say we should cut the teachers salaries. 5% , that should  hey for a hell of a lot of Special Olympics and whatever the fuck else you guys are going to die without.

WSS

Die without?  What does that even mean? 

What is pathetic is the msm emotional knee jerk "take them out of context every time for political profit" crapola.

I know liberals don't go in for information, but here goes:

6 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

Speaking of budgets...

..... this is pathetic.   

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/03/27/us/politics/betsy-devos-special-olympics.html

In her statement on Wednesday, Ms. DeVos said that her department had allocated millions of dollars for students with disabilities.

“Make no mistake: we are focused every day on raising expectations and improving outcomes for infants and toddlers, children and youth with disabilities,” she said.

But the Special Olympics is a private organization — not a federal program — that raises millions each year, according to her statement. “Given our current budget realities,” she said, “the federal government cannot fund every worthy program, particularly ones that enjoy robust support from private donations.”

44 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Die without?  What does that even mean? 

Come now you're not as dumb as Woody. A facetious reference to the cut in Special Olympics funding or any other program that could possibly suffer a decrease in funding that the opposition is going to, get ready for it, "die without." 

Hope this helps.

WSS

7 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

It is a lot of typical Steve's wrapped into one. 

- Insinuating a "you guys" by  tying posters to some kind of group

- Putting words/beliefs into other posters' mouths

- Hyperbole to make his side seem better

It was only the two of you that weren't able to understand what I said about the hand-wringing over the Special Olympics budget cut. Since it was only you two what is improper about using the term you guys in the situation?

And why would it be improper to say you guys if it was actually you guys who were hyperventilating over that particular budget cut? Oh wait I understand now. It's typical Woody which is whining about every fucking thing he hears. Okay got it. If Tia wants to join you on this one fair enough.

WSS

7 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Come now you're not as dumb as Woody. A facetious reference to the cut in Special Olympics funding or any other program that could possibly suffer a decrease in funding that the opposition is going to, get ready for it, "die without." 

Hope this helps.

WSS

So because I have a fundamental issues with the targeting of a wonderful program,  I am hyperventilating and going to 'die without it'...? Quite the ad hominem. 

20 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

So because I have a fundamental issues with the targeting of a wonderful program,  I am hyperventilating and going to 'die without it'...? Quite the ad hominem. 

Not necessarily but you were puzzled my my reference. I think I cleared that up and I'm surprised that you didn't understand. I'm not surprised that Woody pitched a bitch that I use the term you guys because it was in fact you two. I have no real problem with the Special Olympics but it's a private institution after all and it pays its employees a great deal of money whether or not it's nonprofit.

I have no concern whatsoever if you disagree on federal funding for it.  Just that you should have understood my reference. As simple as that.

WSS

1 hour ago, Westside Steve said:

Not necessarily but you were puzzled my my reference. I think I cleared that up and I'm surprised that you didn't understand. I'm not surprised that Woody pitched a bitch that I use the term you guys because it was in fact you two. I have no real problem with the Special Olympics but it's a private institution after all and it pays its employees a great deal of money whether or not it's nonprofit.

I have no concern whatsoever if you disagree on federal funding for it.  Just that you should have understood my reference. As simple as that.

WSS

I understood the reference plenty well.  It was just incredibly unwarranted, I was clarifying the need for the alarmist language. If you want to treat Woody with the kid glove adjectives,  you're welcomed to.  I'd appreciate they avoid me. 

Archived