THE BROWNS BOARD

Minimum expectations for the upcoming season,?

Clevfan4life

18 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Well...you may be that notwithstanding whatever the Browns record is.  Certainly Browns fans should not be overconfident. That does not mean that the talent here should be underrated either.

But how are they underrated? Two of the big 3 players obtained in Vernon and beckham are coming from a 2-14 giants team. the o-line is the worst it’s been since 2008 barring Austin Corbett becoming even an average ranked guard. The secondary looks very iffy and are one Denzel ward injury away from being a bottom 3 secondary. They’re an extremely young team at over half the positions and teams are gonna take them more serious than last year. If they make the playoffs it was because of a top 5 New England patriots like all around effort by coaches, players, and all. Not talent

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Rob_chudzinksi2000 said:

But how are they underrated? Two of the big 3 players obtained in Vernon and beckham are coming from a 2-14 giants team. the o-line is the worst it’s been since 2008 barring Austin Corbett becoming even an average ranked guard. The secondary looks very iffy and are one Denzel ward injury away from being a bottom 3 secondary. They’re an extremely young team at over half the positions and teams are gonna take them more serious than last year. If they make the playoffs it was because of a top 5 New England patriots like all around effort by coaches, players, and all. Not talent

How are they underrated?  Read your own stupid post.

3 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Well...you may be that notwithstanding whatever the Browns record is.  Certainly Browns fans should not be overconfident. That does not mean that the talent here should be underrated either.

Yup, as I pointed out- the talent on the 2019 Browns is worlds better than anything since-  fill in the blank   ________.   Playoff year? Last time we won a playoff game?  If the Browns competition is the Steelers, go down the rosters, and the Browns are superior at least 7 out of 10.  Used to be we couldn't hardly find a Cleveland player that could start for Pittsburgh, certainly not the case anymore. Only position where you can give the Steelers the edge is on o-line. Of course Vag will disagree.   

What is the "window" we have to.keep this current roster,? Its not a terribly long time. We're gonna have to pay Myles and for sure Baker here soon. We need to be in the playoffs THIS year so our guys exp it. Part of my point for starting this thread is that expectations HAVE to be high. They have to be.

I've always loathed the souring on coaching staff after one year cause we just could not get anything built right. But now jedi master John has staffed the fuck out of this roster.....gotta strike it hot in the next couple seasons before this teams window is done. We cant just say ahhh buddy boy will keep getting us rosters like this. No he wont. This is a stupidly talented roster that likely wont be ever repeated in clev and maybe not even the entire league. Sure other teams may get as good or better a wr Corp or a RB room or a front 4 like ours....but to have all those groups staffed like we are now? 

1 hour ago, Clevfan4life said:

What is the "window" we have to.keep this current roster,? Its not a terribly long time. We're gonna have to pay Myles and for sure Baker here soon. We need to be in the playoffs THIS year so our guys exp it. Part of my point for starting this thread is that expectations HAVE to be high. They have to be.

I've always loathed the souring on coaching staff after one year cause we just could not get anything built right. But now jedi master John has staffed the fuck out of this roster.....gotta strike it hot in the next couple seasons before this teams window is done. We cant just say ahhh buddy boy will keep getting us rosters like this. No he wont. This is a stupidly talented roster that likely wont be ever repeated in clev and maybe not even the entire league. Sure other teams may get as good or better a wr Corp or a RB room or a front 4 like ours....but to have all those groups staffed like we are now? 

Damn you’re in for a rude awakening. The browns aren’t even better than the chargers who they lost to by 35 this year

31 minutes ago, Rob_chudzinksi2000 said:

Damn you’re in for a rude awakening. The browns aren’t even better than the chargers who they lost to by 35 this year

We weren't better last year. No comparison to the additional talent Dorsey has added. Yup, they have Bosa and Derwin James. Also a 37 yo QB in Rivers, and our rejects Hayes Pullard and Spencer Drango on their roster too.  :D 

You're taking over for Soju as the most negative newcomer I've seen here in a long time. 

6 hours ago, Rob_chudzinksi2000 said:

Apparently- you have no idea what talent is. Browns secondary bad without Ward? How about the Steelers with an aged Joe Haden and a bunch of guys you never heard of? Bengals have a bunch of nothing too.

We traded Zeitler and now the sky is falling. Thanks chicken little. Regarding Vernon and OBJ coming from a 2-14 team, that doesn't mean crap. The Browns went 1-15 with future HOFer Joe Thomas and Joel Bitonio on the OL. Regarding being young- if you're a pro bowl level player, it doesn't matter if you're 23 or 33 FYI.  

6 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Apparently- you have no idea what talent is. Browns secondary bad without Ward? How about the Steelers with an aged Joe Haden and a bunch of guys you never heard of? Bengals have a bunch of nothing too.

We traded Zeitler and now the sky is falling. Thanks chicken little. Regarding Vernon and OBJ coming from a 2-14 team, that doesn't mean crap. The Browns went 1-15 with future HOFer Joe Thomas and Joel Bitonio on the OL. Regarding being young- if you're a pro bowl level player, it doesn't matter if you're 23 or 33 FYI.  

Dude you’re the only legitimate idiot I’ve came across on this board thus far. But all your points are so stupid and short sighted it’s hardly worth it. Long story short joe Haden was a pro bowl player and he’s 29 now so being a one time pro bowler means nothing.  Second the bengals have William Jackson and Jessie bates. And the Steelers got Steve Nelson from the chiefs who was good. The ravens secondary is clearly better but the bengals and Steelers are just probably better. Browns are better on the d line and running back though based off of past performance. 

36 minutes ago, hoorta said:

We weren't better last year. No comparison to the additional talent Dorsey has added. Yup, they have Bosa and Derwin James. Also a 37 yo QB in Rivers, and our rejects Hayes Pullard and Spencer Drango on their roster too.  :D 

You're taking over for Soju as the most negative newcomer I've seen here in a long time. 

The chargers have a guy named Melvin ingram who’s better than Vernon, they have a linebacker name Denzel Perryman who’s better than Kirk and schobert  and their secondary is one of the best in the nfl per pff  their o line is better  their receivers and backs and quarterback about the same 

Did you not watch the chargers browns game this year? They took the foot off the brake it could’ve easily been 50-7. This year the browns offensive line is worse. Their secondary looks suspect and if denze ward gets hurt like always or doesn’t play as good as last year their just bad. Also teams will adjust to them as they’re brand new.They’ll be a solid 8-8 

15 hours ago, Rob_chudzinksi2000 said:

Oh be reasonable Gip. Look I’m just saying if the browns go above 8-8 then I’m the Retard here

There are quite a few reasons you've already given us to make that assessment without depending on the Browns W/L record

13 hours ago, Rob_chudzinksi2000 said:

Dude you’re the only legitimate idiot I’ve came across on this board thus far. But all your points are so stupid and short sighted it’s hardly worth it. Long story short joe Haden was a pro bowl player and he’s 29 now so being a one time pro bowler means nothing.  Second the bengals have William Jackson and Jessie bates. And the Steelers got Steve Nelson from the chiefs who was good. The ravens secondary is clearly better but the bengals and Steelers are just probably better. Browns are better on the d line and running back though based off of past performance. 

Hmmm.... Take it from one of the MODERATORS here. You've come on the board and in short order are seriously pissing a bunch of the long time regulars off. Mainly by denigrating the Browns talent, and overrating the rest of the league.

Idiot? Har, har. People that live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. Chiefs improved? Remember? When they lost Dee Ford and Justin Houston, a bunch of other players and essentially only added Honey Badger? Yeah, Carlos Hyde can easily replace Kareem Hunt- NOT! That's why I didn't even bother the first time around detailing your spew about how those other teams you mentioned "improved". 

https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/with_a_big_loss_of_talent_chiefs_could_experience_setbacks_in_2019/s1_12680_28757687

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

Hmmm.... Take it from one of the MODERATORS here. You've come on the board and in short order are seriously pissing a bunch of the long time regulars off. Mainly by denigrating the Browns talent, and overrating the rest of the league.

Idiot? Har, har. People that live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. Chiefs improved? Remember? When they lost Dee Ford and Justin Houston, a bunch of other players and essentially only added Honey Badger? Yeah, Carlos Hyde can easily replace Kareem Hunt- NOT! That's why I didn't even bother the first time around detailing your spew about how those other teams you mentioned "improved". 

https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/with_a_big_loss_of_talent_chiefs_could_experience_setbacks_in_2019/s1_12680_28757687

Larry it's not even worth talking to that idiot. 1 Post he listed all the teams better than the browns in his mind and several that are as good. And only team in the afc north listed is the stoolers in the as good category but somehow still projects to a 4-12 record.

48 minutes ago, Rob_chudzinksi2000 said:

I should be a moderator.  This is bullpoop

No, kiddo- I'll explain how things work around here, mostly because I've been here since day one. You've been here less than a week, and you want to tell us (more on that in a second) how to run things? ROTFLMAO!!!  Got much of an ego problem? Contrary opinions are allowed- as long as they have some merit. Spout total crap- it's going to get called out. Your list of other teams that improved may have been right in your mind- but it everyone else's- it was dead wrong.  There's posters who have played the game, or coached on a high level here, and they've forgotten more about football than you apparently know. There's other Browns message boards out there if you don't like it here. 

Regarding us there's three moderators- Zombo, Mark O, and me, plus our board owner Kathy aka Hag II.  Mark hasn't been around of late as far as I know, but you've already honked Zombo and me off. Take that for what it's worth. As bjh said earlier in this thread, why should anyone bother even responding to you? Unfortunately, I can't put you on ignore (same reason I couldn't with our now departed resident troll Ghoolie) because part of the job of being a Mod is keeping the asylum somewhat under control.  

23 hours ago, Rob_chudzinksi2000 said:

But how are they underrated? Two of the big 3 players obtained in Vernon and beckham are coming from a 2-14 giants team. the o-line is the worst it’s been since 2008 barring Austin Corbett becoming even an average ranked guard. 

I guess you missed a few years between 2008 and now.  Off rip I can think 2011 and 2013 were pretty bad.   

4 hours ago, hoorta said:

No, kiddo- I'll explain how things work around here, mostly because I've been here since day one. You've been here less than a week, and you want to tell us (more on that in a second) how to run things? ROTFLMAO!!!  Got much of an ego problem? Contrary opinions are allowed- as long as they have some merit. Spout total crap- it's going to get called out. Your list of other teams that improved may have been right in your mind- but it everyone else's- it was dead wrong.  There's posters who have played the game, or coached on a high level here, and they've forgotten more about football than you apparently know. There's other Browns message boards out there if you don't like it here. 

Regarding us there's three moderators- Zombo, Mark O, and me, plus our board owner Kathy aka Hag II.  Mark hasn't been around of late as far as I know, but you've already honked Zombo and me off. Take that for what it's worth. As bjh said earlier in this thread, why should anyone bother even responding to you? Unfortunately, I can't put you on ignore (same reason I couldn't with our now departed resident troll Ghoolie) because part of the job of being a Mod is keeping the asylum somewhat under control.  

No good sir I do not have an ego problem, perhaps I miscommunicated, my English is what you call inelegant. 

Also im not sure or concerned who moderates or has been here and im just trying to explain to people to have a little humility regarding the Browns recent somewhat success. When they go 7-9 and 8-8 the year after you men will understand 

1 hour ago, Rob_chudzinksi2000 said:

No good sir I do not have an ego problem, perhaps I miscommunicated, my English is what you call inelegant. 

Also im not sure or concerned who moderates or has been here and im just trying to explain to people to have a little humility regarding the Browns recent somewhat success. When they go 7-9 and 8-8 the year after you men will understand 

Why don’t you just relate your humble prediction that the Browns will go  7-9 or even 8-8 instead of being an arrogant ass in demanding and that you are all knowing and God like in your stupid predictions. You might be right ....but I think not. What I do know is that you don’t know a goddamn thing more than anyone else on here about things. 

2 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Why don’t you just relate your humble prediction that the Browns will go  7-9 or even 8-8 instead of being an arrogant ass in demanding and that you are all knowing and God like in your stupid predictions. You might be right ....but I think not. What I do know is that you don’t know a goddamn thing more than anyone else on here about things. 

I do though 

19 hours ago, Rob_chudzinksi2000 said:

The chargers have a guy named Melvin ingram who’s better than Vernon

As someone who's followed thst chargers D for a couple years lemme weigh in on this. Melvin Ingram is a stud, no question. Him and bosa are "formidable"...prob the best DE combo in the game right now. That "may" change next year and here's why. 

SD protects Ingram alot on run D. He's not a chump setting the edge by any means, but they try to keep him away from double teams by shading the DTs toward him. That leaves bosa often dealing with a guard and tackle and he's fine with that....Melvin was 34 OLB'er that they've now made a 43 DE but they still stand him up because he's more comfortable rushing out of the 2 pt. 

Olivier Vernon diesbt Ingram raw numbers but if u look at his tape, dear lord that's a twitch monster. For our def right now I'd much rather have Vernon st LDE than Ingram. Vernon isn't just fast he's "strong". Dude was giving Dallas's monster LT all he could handle last year. I rarely saw dudes rip under Smith's outside shoulder like Vernon was.

Hsving two cock diesel ass tweakers at DE with ogunjobi and Richardson in the middle.....u just dont understand the complications this is going to give o lines. Ogunjobi and Richardson are not unlockable all game long 1v1. Neither will Myles and Vernon be. Offenses are going to have to keep a RB or FB in reserve to help the tackles deal with the edge rushers so that the interior o line can concentrate on the sheldon and jobi. LB'er blitzes, like from Avery or maybe deron Lee if we pick him up...will be deadly.

Thing about Vernon is he's not a pure speed rusher. He's like Myles, he serves the edge. I dislike pure speed guys cause qb's can just step up. But with Myles and Vernon collapsing the pocket from the edges, any push up the middle from the DT's and the pocket is gonna feel like a phone booth. 

The chargers may have very good DE's but they're a lil soft up the middle. I think they lost Mebane last year. A pocket to step up into will almost always tame even a very good edge rush.

I'm not bullish on the entire defense, but the front 4 is as solid as anything the NFL has seen in years. If we add deron Lee, him schobert and Kirk might be a very good lb'ing Corp in their own right. 

If Baker scores early, expect our secondary to start taking risks and jumping routes because the front 4 will just go pure rush as the opposing offenses will have to start throwing to keep up. 

This is what Dorsey has given us "on paper" with the additions of sheldon and vernon. It's up to the DC to get this right

2 hours ago, Rob_chudzinksi2000 said:

You might care when the Moderators kick your ass off of here for a week or two, or permanently. You're getting mighty close to that point in less than a week. Seems there's already enough undercurrent for that to happen already. Be thankful I have a slower trigger finger than Z when it comes to banning posters. So you're predicting not better than 8-8 the next two years Debbie Downer. Sure that could happen, if the Browns get hit with the injury bug as badly as the Bengals did in 2018. Cleveland could also win a Super Bowl in the same time frame.  You must have missed the memo every network commentator has the Browns at least in the top three, if not the most improved team in the NFL. 

Seriously, I want to see 11 wins..☝️👆 one pointing at Stan. one pointing at my Dad. my heart breaks to see them miss this. my soul says there's no way in the heavens they are missing this..🙏 Go Browns!! 

43 minutes ago, hoorta said:

You might care when the Moderators kick your ass off of here for a week or two, or permanently. You're getting mighty close to that point in less than a week. Seems there's already enough undercurrent for that to happen already. Be thankful I have a slower trigger finger than Z when it comes to banning posters. So you're predicting not better than 8-8 the next two years Debbie Downer. Sure that could happen, if the Browns get hit with the injury bug as badly as the Bengals did in 2018. Cleveland could also win a Super Bowl in the same time frame.  You must have missed the memo every network commentator has the Browns at least in the top three, if not the most improved team in the NFL. 

The problem is if they stay completely healthy they’re an 8-8 team at best right now. They went 7-9 because they snuck up on some teams who didn’t take them as serious as they will this year. They’re not the laughing stock anymore but they are still middle of the pack. I’m not being a Debbie downer just calling it how I see it. I think they go 6-10 without a big injury bug. Their o line is the worst since 2006. The secondary isn’t good. Their extremely young- a players prime is 24-28, baker,Chubb,Calloway,njoku,corbett,Myles,ogunjobi,ward and others are all like 22 years old.  Young teams never just hop on and make a deep playoff and super bowl run like that. It never happens and they will go 8-8 at best 

Archived