THE BROWNS BOARD

Schobert Trade Chances ?

darren15

@AlbertBreer told @ryenarussillo on his pod that one of the guys who could get traded as part of the burgeoning NFL swap market is Browns LB Joe Schobert

A few rumblings on Twitter about the Browns could be trading Joe Schobert .....not only the above 2 have been quoted but others too .....anyone heard about this ? some are saying it could be part of a big deal.....like pick(s) and Schobert for ?

45 minutes ago, darren15 said:

@AlbertBreer told @ryenarussillo .....not only the above 2 have been quoted but others too .....anyone heard about this ? some are saying it could be part of a big deal.....like pick(s) and Schobert for ?

for the only disgruntled guy left....CB Jalen Ramsey :) Coughlin ain't jokin''

Not certain I see the wisdom in this unless you're somehow able to secure a great 1st round pick you can invest into a linebacker.   Even then, with a player like Devin White for example, you'll have the growing pains.     At worst you can take someone like Watson (as I mocked) and slide Schob to the WILL spot.  A move he is more than capable of and retains a great asset for us - a linebacker that can actually cover.

we're not even picking in tge 1st round...so are we going to get a better lb'er than joe at 49 who will immediately produce? most likely not. We already lost jamie without an immediate replacement. Why would we saddle the new DC with either a rookie MLB'er or a camp journeyman? makes no sense. 

1 minute ago, ATOM said:

i read somewhere that Dorsey may be interested in ex OSU and now jet LB Lee 

His name and the Browns have been bandied about for a couple weeks now... maybe a draft trade? 

2 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

His name and the Browns have been bandied about for a couple weeks now... maybe a draft trade? 

thats what i read for a day 3 pick

6 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

I've felt for some time that we will get Lee & I still do. We'll see what actually happens.

Mike

5 hours ago, darren15 said:

@AlbertBreer told @ryenarussillo on his pod that one of the guys who could get traded as part of the burgeoning NFL swap market is Browns LB Joe Schobert

A few rumblings on Twitter about the Browns could be trading Joe Schobert .....not only the above 2 have been quoted but others too .....anyone heard about this ? some are saying it could be part of a big deal.....like pick(s) and Schobert for ?

Hope this is just predraft smoke. Besides Joe, we have Kirksey- I may say Avery- and not much else at LB.  A position everyone says we need to address in the draft, and you want to trade away your best player at that position? Doesn't make a whole lot of sense. 

10 hours ago, Orion said:

Schobert lead the league in missed tackles am I right?   Or was it just, lead the Browns?

lead the browns in missed tackles. But lead the league as best coverage LB. Which makes no sense in a Steve Wilks cover system dumping Joe.

9 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

deron lee is an olb'er no?

Lee played insidebacker in a 3-4 front. i don't see gregg williams playing much 3-4 fronts either..

I don't get it at all - we need an OLB, and then we would need a MLB?

nope. Not seein it. This draft is, imho, mediocre about lb's after the first round, with one or two sleepers maybe.

Archived