THE BROWNS BOARD

***Official 2019 NFL Draft Thread***

BrownsDawgPound

We DO need to improve the K position.......but does this guy's stats indicate he's an improvement?  

.....we're not going to love everything any GM or coach does....

1 minute ago, Orion said:

We DO need to improve the K position.......but does this guy's stats indicate he's an improvement?  

DJ said he thought he was the best kicker in the draft this year.

4 minutes ago, Orion said:

Just read he holds the record for most points scored in NCAA history.

Edit: by a kicker

1 minute ago, Orion said:

but i love my gm wife B)..She says "we can wait to head to the Jimmy Buffett concert now. Ya can't go to a Jimmy Buffett concert after just drafting a damn kicker "🏝️..am still on the clock till 5 o' clock somewhere.. 🍺 cheers! to a kicker

• Like 1

Texans draft the Texas A&M 12th Man Cullen Gillaspia. A&M holds tryouts every year of non-schollie students to see who has the right to wear #12 on the KO team. This young man won it 4 straight years and was finally given a scholarship because he excelled on those ST's. He actually played FB for them in Jumbo goalline short yardage situations. He has potential to make the Texans for his ST KO play alone. Many a game he was not only down there first, but also made the tackle for many a loss if they tried to run it out. Just a nice story of our  history of the 12th Man tradition coming to life and earning a draft pick in the 7th. There is a statue of the original 12th Man at the entrance of Kyle Field. Students stand the whole game to symbolize their willingness to come out of the stands to help the team just as he did in a bowl game in 1922 when the team had a lot of injuries before halftime. He donned a uniform and stood on the sidelines next to the coach ready to go in though he was not used.

170px-E_king_hill_12thman.jpg

Texas A&M's E. King Gill during the 1921-1922 season, the original Twelfth Man

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

No. 46 – CB Greedy Williams (LSU)

No. 80 – LB Sione Takitaki (Brigham Young)

No. 119 – S Sheldrick Redwine (Miami)

No. 155 – LB Mack Wilson (Alabama)

No. 170 – K Austin Seibert (Oklahoma)

No. 189 – G Drew Forbes (Southeast Missouri State)

No. 221 – CB Donnie Lewis (Tulane)

---------------------------------

7 rounds......we drafted 7 players.

Looking at the positions drafted, it's obvious that JD sees what we see.  He's throwing players at positions of need and we'll see what sticks.  -  With Ward being concussion prone, multiple CB's is a good idea.  On paper, I like the draft.  (especially our 1st pick......and our 3rd pick makes my think of Derrick And The Dominos:::::  Get your self a bottle of RED Wiiine )

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Unsympathetic said:

Anyone who knows more about NFL QB play..

Is this a legit video analysis of Jones?

I'll bite.. Some is Ok analysis. Am stuck watching a lot of Acc ball due to lo-cal. Daniel Jones would be a big mistake seeing the field this season..Imho Game Speed..Duke had zero game speed NFL receivers that Jones ever saw. His senior bowl game like Baker's made many believers.(including myself) Jones OL was young & still at Duke .He was accurate in a WR's ball catching radius. But at times, when the throw called for high & outside right shoulder, he's simply not there yet as Baker's draft status. He does have one good thing working for him. His anticipation getting the ball to a spot with WR backs still turned in route is solid. Sterling Shepard should add up the yards once Jones gets to see the field..I do hope the giants Don't ruin this guy like Hue did with Kizer..Jones also does have good touch on ball to back of endzone..Kizer had zip,zero,none.. Sure Gettleman reached on D.Jones draft slot on a just average QB draft class. Would not surprise no one if Dorsey also told Gettleman "if DJ fits your QB of future? You take him with your 1st pick not your 2nd pick"