THE BROWNS BOARD

Player v. Player

laiccm

5 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

I did not see Baker getting anywhere near Duke's "wallet" with his comments.

That's because this isn't about money.  It's about not being wanted. (the Not Expendable Yet comment)  Its about not being able to get any playing time with the signing of Hunt (save the 8 game grace period).

Duke wants to play football....and he doesn't see much of a chance to play here...so it's only natural to want to go somewhere and actually play.

Like I say, now that this is out in the open, Duke, Baker, Dorsey, everyone, has to let the cards fall the way they may as time goes by....until TC...Until pre season...Until the reg season....etc.  Dorsey knows that Duke wants to go.  If the right deal comes along, I'm certain that he won't turn it down just to spite Duke.

On 6/17/2019 at 9:29 AM, laiccm said:

I bet he don't go there anymore.....guys gotta stop enabling this cat like he can't do anything wrong. Someone might sock him...

I hope it's not you who "socks him". That might hurt your wife's career as an agent. 🙄 OOPS! I shouldn't assume, should I?

Mike

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Orion said:

That's because this isn't about money.

Maybe, but that's not what was being said by "players" calling foul.

• Thanks 1

On 6/17/2019 at 2:14 PM, laiccm said:

When teammates confront you like this...it's not just a molehill. I bet he don't do it again.....

Has your out of town reporter shared which teammates confronted Baker yet?   The out of town storm chasers are in hot pursuit of the first Cleveland Brown besides Duke that is furious with Baker.   You can't have a tornado without wind even if BSPN's Adam Shefter says he heard there's wind somewhere (ie; announcing it's just about a done deal that Andy Reid will be the HC of the Arizona Cardinals right before the Chiefs named him as their new HC).

Hear say leads to people like you swarming social media with false accusations like Baker said something about Duke's money. If you're going to go that route with unofficial, do you know who insults Duke the most about his money as a #2 RB?   All those teams in the league that don't want to trade a player/draft pick just so they can pay a #2 RB the 9th highest RB salary in the league.  That's a decent portion of the market telling Duke & Dorsey that Duke is overpaid.  Since we're using your preference, I don't even have to provide the name of 1 team.  See how easy this is?  That said, a week or 2 ago I heard him correct a reporter in front of a camera and mic saying "they already tried to trade me."  Okay Duke, so why don't you tell us what the bigger problem is?  Never mind, I already took care of that for you. 

The only one putting "I before team" is Duke.  Baker's comment about getting on board with your teammates reflects the same type of leadership earned by a young game-changing/ culture changing QB. The comment invites Duke to get onboard with his teammates or get out of the way. Let's not take this out of context to a player (Duke) angry he needs to be paid more.  It's about a player pissed off Cleveland finally has a FO bringing in more talent and competition at every position they can.  Most non-trolls know Baker was never handed a comfortable niche anywhere he has been; so he's the last guy that will feel sorry for an overpaid player acting out because his comfortable niche is being challenged.  Duke's not responding well at all especially considering he has the first 8 games as a #2 RB to prove he deserves the same work load the final 8 games.  I'm not seeing a guy that believes in himself.   

On 6/18/2019 at 3:33 PM, Tour2ma said:

With Duke the first to utter this...

Bottom line for me in this whole non-event was that I did not see Baker getting anywhere near Duke's "wallet" with his comments. Duke's wallet was already set thru 2021... when he'll be 28. His use in 2019 will have no negative impact on his 2022 contract... when he'll be 29. In fact it's an easier argument to make that saving miles in the short term will help him in the long run.

Another argument that's easier to make? That Duke's lil hissy messed with the wallets of 52 teammates...

Well said!  As to your point in bold above - that's another 52 reasons why we'll never see 1 teammate's name attached to confronting Baker.   

• Upvote 1