THE BROWNS BOARD

Steve McNair shot to death

oiram

Well, he'll remembered for what he was, a human being who did a lot of great things but made a fatal mistake that leaves his sons without a father. It's part of his resume for better or worse.

The L.A. Times story clearly said he was on the couch and was shot several times with a shotgun while she was shot once in the head by a pistol that was near her body. Another report said the police will consider everything but aren't aggressively looking for suspects... which I took to mean it was a murder-suicide.

So why no mention of finding a shotgun being found.

"McNair, 36, was shot four times, twice in the head, by a semiautomatic pistol

Two to the head and two to the chest. Sounds professional to me. A 20 year grouping her shots like that? Even at close range that is rare for an ordinary citizen. Could be she did it then killed herself. Just not ordinary.

Two to the head and two to the chest. Sounds professional to me. A 20 year grouping her shots like that? Even at close range that is rare for an ordinary citizen. Could be she did it then killed herself. Just not ordinary.

It isn't normal...women don't usually kill a lover then take their own life.

As to the shots...it isn't that hard if you are just a few feet away which she very easily could have been.

It doesn't say where in the head the guy was shot...one or both may have been in the back of the head, nor does it indicate how many shots may have been fired...auto's with a clip can hold more than 6 rounds...and only 5 body shots were fired.

Information I head this morning said the door to the apartment was locked when Neeley arrived, so that makes it harder to think outside shooter....though that doesn't mean a key couldn't have been obtained in one manner or another.

What I find disturbing is that all the articles discuss what a GREAT guy he was. He was caught Driving at b.a.l. of .19 WOW... and with a loaded gun in the car. Great guys don't drive at nearly 2 1/2 times the legal limit with loaded weapon. He has had other drinking issues showing he likely had a problem. People don't look at booze as a drug. But it is in fact the most abused drug in our society. It just happens to be legal. Also "Great Guys "don't have affairs on their wife and family.

It is amazing what we as a society consider GOOD behavior.. I am not saying he was a P.O.S.. "ALL" men are sinners. But it seems if you do some good things in public.. people will ovelook pretty much anything in your private life. I pray for his family who is not only devastated by his death, but by the shock of his betrayal of wife and kids. Oh, and by the way.. only 2 of his 4 boys were with his wife.. so there are even more families out there effected by this.. It appears he was supporting at least 2-3 families where he has fathered children.

Cheating husbands don't just cheat on their wife.. They screw over their kids, parents, and in laws, and other family members who count on them and look up to them. You also screw up the life of the person you are cheating with. It effects very large number of people, not just a marriage of husband and wife.

I am not saying this to rag on him and condemn him.. I don't. People make mistakes all the time. I am just pointing out how screwed up our society is for what we consider acceptable behavior.

Steve you were a GREAT ball player, did some wonderful things for society. I will pray for your family (s) who is certainly in great pain, and for the family of the young girl. You will be missed. You went much too young.

Guest John McClane
Maybe so, but what he did didn't deserve this.

We all sit here and judge but none of us don't even know him. Watching him play football on TV or read about what he does in the media doesn't mean you "KNOW" him. As far as we all know, maybe he did deserve it. Point is none of us knows what went on behind the curtains and we shouldn't judge.

We all sit here and judge but none of us don't even know him. Watching him play football on TV or read about what he does in the media doesn't mean you "KNOW" him. As far as we all know, maybe he did deserve it. Point is none of us knows what went on behind the curtains and we shouldn't judge.

I would say nobody deserves to be murdered.

Guest John McClane
I would say nobody deserves to be murdered.

Even a guy like OJ simpson? Anyone who watched the trial knows he was guilty as hell. The prosecutors dropped the ball and screwd up that whole case. Some people say that he deserves to get off because he beat the system but I say screw that! He damn near cut the heads off of two innocent people!

If a black QB is not a complete idget like Vick or Young they are considered these great role models etc. just because they are decent dudes. Let's not forget the crazy shit Moon did with his spouse. He was considered the Cosby of NFL players and then went ballistic with his old lady. Media pretty much blew it over cuz Moon is considered a "good guy."

Now he has TV gigs like nothing ever happened.

Sorry, that's the truth.

Is that true or was Fred Lane shot by his wife? I'm getting old, I can't remember alot of the details on these things.

This is a tragedy folks. I'm glad to see the CLASS on this board shining through in all the replies I'm reading. That's a good job by you! People in Nashville here are just beside themselves. He and Eddie George are the co-icons of the Titans' franchise.

- Tom F.

Yeah Fred Lane was shot by his wife, someone asked who the Panther player was that got shot by his wife and it was Fred Lane. Poor Fred probably bought the gun too.

Handguns and emotionally unstable people is quite a combination.

I hope Mcnair had a lot of fun with this 20-year-old firecracker, cause he paid for it with his life.

Zombo

Buying condos and Escalades for/with your 20-year-old mistress in your hometown, where you live with your wife and four sons... not cool at all. Very selfish. Getting blown to pieces is hardly his just desserts but there can be real life fatal attractions. Telling a girl that age you're gonna divorce your wife for her... and then changing your mind... you just never really know.

I mean, good people do bad things. He drove very drunk with a loaded gun in his car, too. He's no angel.

I agree wholeheartedly. He was a courageous football player. But looks like his little head did all the thinking off the field. How'd he do on the wonderlic?

Zombo

Even a guy like OJ simpson? Anyone who watched the trial knows he was guilty as hell. The prosecutors dropped the ball and screwd up that whole case. Some people say that he deserves to get off because he beat the system but I say screw that! He damn near cut the heads off of two innocent people!

So, let's see.....here you say the quoted portion above.

A few posts earlier you say this:

Point is none of us knows what went on behind the curtains and we shouldn't judge.

So, which comment is legit and which one is BS??

I wish I could hit the "thanks" button 10x. A girl I know and care for very much(early 20's) is in a relationship with a married man and it is very painful to watch. We even had talks about it and she knows how I feel about the whole situation but you cannot convince someone that thinks they are in love of anything. I have also been affected by this type of behavior directly. Love is a good thing but it can also be DANGEROUS

JOKERSWILD: Your more than welcome. The post I put up earlier (the one you thank me for) is something I feel VERY strongly about. (understatement of the century). I believe a marriage is much more than just an agreement between 2 people.

Who the hell cares!

I do.

In one statement he says not to judge, then a few posts later he is judging.

I just want to know what he knows about being a judge and why the conflicting statements?

I am not saying much more than what is known, and pointing out what isn't known at this point.

At this point, it is being narrowed down, but there are still several scenarios that could become the reality.

What I find disturbing is that all the articles discuss what a GREAT guy he was. He was caught Driving at b.a.l. of .19 WOW... and with a loaded gun in the car. Great guys don't drive at nearly 2 1/2 times the legal limit with loaded weapon. He has had other drinking issues showing he likely had a problem. People don't look at booze as a drug. But it is in fact the most abused drug in our society. It just happens to be legal. Also "Great Guys "don't have affairs on their wife and family.

It is amazing what we as a society consider GOOD behavior.. I am not saying he was a P.O.S.. "ALL" men are sinners. But it seems if you do some good things in public.. people will ovelook pretty much anything in your private life. I pray for his family who is not only devastated by his death, but by the shock of his betrayal of wife and kids.

I'm learning new stuff by the minute. It HAS to be a double whammy on his spouse.

That said, he was a GOOD community guy. He was an enormous help to hurricane Katrina victims. He supplied people with all kinds of food and shelter and clothing and other resources with alot of other QBs that grew up in area like Favre and the Mannings. It was said on the radio when there was a massive tornado in East Nashville - he was helpign tons of families as he showed up with a chainsaws to get trees out of roads, properties, etc.

I think we need to refrain from judging the guy though. His life just ended from his recent choices so isn't that enough?

- Tom F.

So what the hell would make this crazy Iranian chick lose it like that? Even if he promised to leave his wife for her and reneged she was probably still a lot better off than before she met him.

Crazy ass people. I'm a gun guy for the most part but these types of things really make me doubt the gun laws sometimes.

Wait, she just got a DUI the day before right? Maybe he refused to help or be involved due to his past history or something.......

I'm learning new stuff by the minute. It HAS to be a double whammy on his spouse.

That said, he was a GOOD community guy. He was an enormous help to hurricane Katrina victims. He supplied people with all kinds of food and shelter and clothing and other resources with alot of other QBs that grew up in area like Favre and the Mannings. It was said on the radio when there was a massive tornado in East Nashville - he was helpign tons of families as he showed up with a chainsaws to get trees out of roads, properties, etc.

I think we need to refrain from judging the guy though. His life just ended from his recent choices so isn't that enough?

- Tom F.

Flug's If your going to quote me, you should use the "whole" quote, not just the part that suit's your purpose. .. I did discuss that I was NOT judging. (but you cut that part).... and your response is exactly the type of thing I was discussing in my post.

Remember... a "half truth" is still a "whole lie"

Flug's If your going to quote me, you should use the "whole" quote, not just the part that suit's your purpose. .. I did discuss that I was NOT judging. (but you cut that part).... and your response is exactly the type of thing I was discussing in my post.

Remember... a "half truth" is still a "whole lie"

Sorry Sez - It looked you you started out mad he was often seen as a good guy. You pretty much clobbered him for 4 paragraghs in bringing up all the bad things you've noticed. You didn't take the time to share how he helped tornado victims here in East Nashville in 2003 and Hurricane Katrina Victims, community charities he headed up, and football camps in TN and Mississippi, etc. Those nice contributions to society usually get mentioned as to why he's being called a nice guy. I realize I only shared half your quote/data but that's exactly what you were doing in questioning WHY society found his behavior good. I'm pretty sure you don't think those high risk behaviors and cheating were the behaviors society was finding wonderful about him. Most of us are shocked to learn about all of them. Obviously the behaviors you mentioned would end up as final consequences so who paid most? Steve, the girl and their families. If someone's cheating on their wife, using drugs and resorting to other high risk behaviors - maybe that's a sign the guy's life and emotional well being wasn't in a great place and nor was his marriage. The drugs, guns, and length of relationship are all new things I'm learning which is why I said I'm learning new stuff about this story all the time.

Here's your whole take:

"What I find disturbing is that all the articles discuss what a GREAT guy he was. He was caught Driving at b.a.l. of .19 WOW... and with a loaded gun in the car. Great guys don't drive at nearly 2 1/2 times the legal limit with loaded weapon. He has had other drinking issues showing he likely had a problem. People don't look at booze as a drug. But it is in fact the most abused drug in our society. It just happens to be legal. Also "Great Guys "don't have affairs on their wife and family.

It is amazing what we as a society consider GOOD behavior.. I am not saying he was a P.O.S.. "ALL" men are sinners. But it seems if you do some good things in public.. people will ovelook pretty much anything in your private life. I pray for his family who is not only devastated by his death, but by the shock of his betrayal of wife and kids. Oh, and by the way.. only 2 of his 4 boys were with his wife.. so there are even more families out there effected by this.. It appears he was supporting at least 2-3 families where he has fathered children.

Cheating husbands don't just cheat on their wife.. They screw over their kids, parents, and in laws, and other family members who count on them and look up to them. You also screw up the life of the person you are cheating with. It effects very large number of people, not just a marriage of husband and wife.

I am not saying this to rag on him and condemn him.. I don't. People make mistakes all the time. I am just pointing out how screwed up our society is for what we consider acceptable behavior.

Steve you were a GREAT ball player, did some wonderful things for society. I will pray for your family (s) who is certainly in great pain, and for the family of the young girl. You will be missed. You went much too young."

So what the hell would make this crazy Iranian chick lose it like that? Even if he promised to leave his wife for her and reneged she was probably still a lot better off than before she met him.

Crazy ass people. I'm a gun guy for the most part but these types of things really make me doubt the gun laws sometimes.

Wait, she just got a DUI the day before right? Maybe he refused to help or be involved due to his past history or something.......

He bailed her out of jail.

If it works out as it looks, she started to taste the money. Add in the mind of a immature 20 year old girl and who knows what was going on in her head.

Sorry Sez - It looked you you started out mad he was often seen as a good guy. You pretty much clobbered him for 4 paragraghs in bringing up all the bad things you've noticed. You didn't take the time to share how he helped tornado victims here in East Nashville in 2003 and Hurricane Katrina Victims, community charities he headed up, and football camps in TN and Mississippi, etc. Those nice contributions to society usually get mentioned as to why he's being called a nice guy. I realize I only shared half your quote/data but that's exactly what you were doing in questioning WHY society found his behavior good. I'm pretty sure you don't think those high risk behaviors and cheating were the behaviors society was finding wonderful about him. Most of us are shocked to learn about all of them. Obviously the behaviors you mentioned would end up as final consequences so who paid most? Steve, the girl and their families. If someone's cheating on their wife, using drugs and resorting to other high risk behaviors - maybe that's a sign the guy's life and emotional well being wasn't in a great place and nor was his marriage. The drugs, guns, and length of relationship are all new things I'm learning which is why I said I'm learning new stuff about this story all the time.

Here's your whole take:

"What I find disturbing is that all the articles discuss what a GREAT guy he was. He was caught Driving at b.a.l. of .19 WOW... and with a loaded gun in the car. Great guys don't drive at nearly 2 1/2 times the legal limit with loaded weapon. He has had other drinking issues showing he likely had a problem. People don't look at booze as a drug. But it is in fact the most abused drug in our society. It just happens to be legal. Also "Great Guys "don't have affairs on their wife and family.

Steve you were a GREAT ball player, did some wonderful things for society. I will pray for your family (s) who is certainly in great pain, and for the family of the young girl. You will be missed. You went much too young."

Flugel: I did not mention the good stuff as they were outlined in the previous posts and in any articles people would have been reading about McNair and did not feel it was needed to re-hash that stuff again. My point was that those article continue to say how he was really a good guy and the evidence points to the contrary. I do not judge him..His own behaviour did that quite nicely.

I don't think the bad stuff a guy does wipes out the good... nor the other. I think it comes up for both Michael Jackson and McNair. I see no reason to pretend the bad didn't happen, though. I mean, Dick Cheney is by all accounts a fantastic father, and I was told that by a former Arlington neighbor who thinks professionally/politically he's a hooved beast.

Well we know they both have had gun accidents. :o

Archived