THE BROWNS BOARD

2019 Browns Board Fantasy Football

Zombo

... So my Zombo's Death Dawgs in the Phil Dawson League that were picked by Yahoo to go 0-16 won by 22 points, 139-117, with Sammy Watkins 46 points foolishly on the bench.

Both of my teams won without much help from all my Browns ... could be an interesting year.

Z

2 hours ago, Zombo said:

... So my Zombo's Death Dawgs in the Phil Dawson League that were picked by Yahoo to go 0-16 won by 22 points, 139-117, with Sammy Watkins 46 points foolishly on the bench.

Both of my teams won without much help from all my Browns ... could be an interesting year.

Z

I got a C+ grade and went 155.22 points in week 1, what do they know.  :lol:

In my FFL I actually won with a QB, 2 RB's and a kicker. Didn't even need the 3 WR's or the NE perfect defensive score. Point margin was that wide between me and 2nd place. $40 to start the new season.🤗

EDIT: Opps miscalculated. I needed a TD from one of the WRs, but not the kicker's 4 XPs.

sigh. tough first week for the KosarDawgs.

My "D" draft team:

Calfox KosarDawgs

Flyin J's

and my A- draft team was headed for a huge win, until....:

Week 1

Calfox Kosardawgs

Hard For Denard
Final

well, crapola. LOL

• 5 weeks later...

Weird seasons...

In the Otto I'm 0-6 and still not eliminated as the rest of the league is between 4-2 and 2-4.

In League V the entire league is between 4-2 and 2-4.

Meanwhile in the IDP/Points League.... there are 5 teams within 73 points of the lead.

No one is running away with a regular season this this year.... weird.

On 10/18/2019 at 7:44 AM, Tour2ma said:

No one is running away with a regular season this this year.... weird.

This has been a weird year in the NFL both in the fantasy and real worlds, the real world injury reports have been brutal this year in the fantasy world that we live in out of our 30 guys only three are over .500 in the NFL pickem and wierder yet mjp is in first there and 8th in college....... now that's wierd! He's normally stinko in the pros.

• 1 month later...
On 10/18/2019 at 8:54 AM, mjp28 said:

This has been a weird year in the NFL both in the fantasy and real worlds, the real world injury reports have been brutal this year in the fantasy world that we live in out of our 30 guys only three are over .500 in the NFL pickem and wierder yet mjp is in first there and 8th in college....... now that's wierd! He's normally stinko in the pros.

With only two weeks left in my FFL I lead the second place player by 1400 points. Everyone else close to that is another 100 points down. The highest score this season by anyone for one weekend was 917 points. My lowest score this season for any weekend was 273. So if you take the difference and multiple by 2 then I'm well within winning even if someone pulls off two miracle scores in a row while I have my worst repeated twice. Additionally my average score, excluding this week since I have one more player Monday night, has been 549 points per weekend.

Plus I can still put more distance on all those closest since I am the only one who has a real player in the game tomorrow night, New Orleans QB Drew Brees. Any TD he throws adds another 50 points to my overall total and any yard over 300 passing adds another point per yard. I'm hoping for a couple to make it an even 1500 over second best player. The prize for season winner is awarded after the last regular season game in two weeks. It's $400. 2nd place is $200 which I won last year. So even if one person catches me by some miracle, it's most unlikely a second person would as well.

7 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

I'm determined to never let the computer draft for me again.

8th and 10th place...

bah.

You never know how these things will go. They best player in our league who has won the overall 3 years in a row since I joined is currently at rock bottom about 2400 points below me and just under 600 below 7th place. He picked Mahomes in the first round while I chose McCaffrey and added Brees in the 3rd round. I've had AJ Green on the bench all season yet to even play a game. I've been very lucky in playing just the right combination almost every weekend, sometimes forced by injuries. Like last weekend I had injuries to all my WRs so I had to play my 2 TEs and only 3 healthy RBs. I finally got Guice back after almost all season injured only to lose him to IR for the rest of the season.

15 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

...New Orleans QB Drew Brees. Any TD he throws adds another 50 points to my overall total...

What kind of scoring system is that?

8 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

What kind of scoring system is that?

Run on a CBS FFL system. 8 players in our league and only two opportunities to improve a team, after week 5 and after week 10.

Brees broke a few records tonight and added another 207 points to my lead over second place overall. 50 points per TD and 7 for the # of yards thrown over 300. 29 for 30 completed (greatest single game completion % in NFL history held by Rivers at 28 of 29) and broke Manning's career TD total by 2.

In the Otto league the top two seeds lost in the Semifinals leaving a pair of 8-6 teams to vie for the title..

image.png.aa27504818fddc7e361ec21e58c38ffc.png

Not so in League V where the top seed dominated and in a battle of identical records the 3 seed edged out the 2.

image.png.1ace5c999d470a78802ab161eb01c790.pngeanwhile in the

Meanwhile in the platoff-free IDP/Points League it's looking like a three-horse race for the top spot...

image.png.c6ac81e06563b4f15cf78191781eb045.png

• Upvote 1

Going into the last weekend of our FFL I can safely play Santa at QB, Rudolph "Bambi" Rednose at WR, Bozo the Clown at RB and utilize the reindeer defense all game long and still win the overall championship. I have a 1640 point lead over 2nd place and no one in this league has scored more than 1000 points in a weekend but twice in 20 years (I was one of those 2 last year) and absolutely no one has ever recorded above 1100. So even if I score zero, the $400 prize is mine.

• 2 weeks later...

WINNERS:

League 1/Otto Graham: Maybe This Year, mgr. Navdawg

League3/ BrownsBoard 3: Browns149, mgr. Browns149

League4/ Phil Dawson: TXChainsawMassaquois, mgr. Rudolf

League5/ BrownsBoardV: Flying J's. mgr. Flying J

Who won the Points League?

Do we still have a League 2?

Anyone else?

I ended up 1880 points ahead of the second place guy and won the last weekend as well thanks to my faith in Derrick Henry. His last run of the season for a 53 yard TD won me the weekend. I ended up with the top 2 RB point producers in the NFL with Henry and McCaffrey. Having Brees and the NE D certainly helped as well. I won it despite having these players on the bench all or most of the season with very few games played between them: AJ Green, Guice, Thielen and Hunter Henry. Others who missed significant time of 2 or more games were Ertz, Julio Jones and Devanta Freeman. Often there were weeks that the injured set the lineup for me with no choices to have to make.

BTW if you want to play against the spreads next year then get the Fun Bet free APP for your cell phone. No cost involved and you get a starting bankroll that you can add to if you wish. I used a bankroll of $600 and added maybe $400 by using the add-on option. Ended up with over $6100 in playmoney for the season, usually with $100 bets on different games. I told my wife she needs to finance me an apartment in Vegas next season. It would likely have to be a week to week lease agreement though.😂

1 hour ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I ended up 1880 points ahead of the second place guy and won the last weekend as well thanks to my faith in Derrick Henry. His last run of the season for a 53 yard TD won me the weekend. I ended up with the top 2 RB point producers in the NFL with Henry and McCaffrey. Having Brees and the NE D certainly helped as well. I won it despite having these players on the bench all or most of the season with very few games played between them: AJ Green, Guice, Thielen and Hunter Henry. Others who missed significant time of 2 or more games were Ertz, Julio Jones and Devanta Freeman. Often there were weeks that the injured set the lineup for me with no choices to have to make.

I will need someone to verify this Tall Tale.

Z

4 hours ago, Zombo said:

I will need someone to verify this Tall Tale.

Z

LOL! I'll send the link in a PM. I'm the player called Bill. You can look at the link at my team and click on standings to find overall which is set on week 17. You can find game histories for any one player by clicking on his name. I forget to add D. Henry missed 2 games too.🤩

Link sent. Let me know if they work. I'm adding the final standings to it to make sure you find it. 😂

5 hours ago, Unsympathetic said:

2 years in a row champion of the Points League.. going for a 3-peat! [team name The Big Gronkowski]

Congrats... c ya next year...

image.png.9a0a24cf7ca72cd2212b3ac0d3376288.png

• Zombo unpinned this topic